It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote viewer Ed Dames named Sierra Mountains as Fossett's crash site half a year ago.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Remote viewer Ed Dames named Sierra Mountains as Fossett's crash site half a year ago.

--.com

In all the hype surrounding the discovery of adventurer Steve Fossett’s crash site, what is being overlooked is a controversial remote viewer pinpointed the very location publicly over six months ago
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Rinorino2]

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Rinorino2]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is interested, as remote viewers do not tend to be given credibility and are often discounted when they make mistakes-needless to say they are not given credit whatsoever when it turns out that their predictions were correct. This is obviously a classic example of the hypocrisy extended to the psychic abilities so often maligned by mainstream acedemia.

--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yeah, and i bet not one of the people who ripped him to pieces for it and tried to discredit him will come forward and say they were wrong.

This is why i dislike total debunkers so much, they pull ideas from their * * and run around like idiots with a smug smile, which gives them that shady dirty old man look, screaming at the world of how ridiculous Psychics are and how mentally detached from the rest of us they are.

But when someone is proven to be correct, the debunkers simply walk away, hoping nobody noticed the little childish tantrum they had.

My answer to them is and has always been, KEEP IT! I don't wish to hear the unfounded, unproven, pathetic excuse for reality you hold dear to your hearts.

Here is proof that you are always screaming for, what is the matter now? what can you find wrong with this proof? if you can't accept it.. KEEP IT !

Thank you OP you made my day

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Interesting.

Here's the map Dames posted:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

He's got a loop going from just outside Dardanelle to Tower Peak.

How close was he?

EDIT:

Google Earth has the crash site as a searchable point. going by Dames' map, he's off by about 85km (roughly to the middle of his oval).

Is 85 km of rough terrain close enough to be considered a "hit"?

[edit on 4-10-2008 by vox2442]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
How close was he?

Not even close. About 70 miles away and the only part he got right was the Sierras - the obvious guess and the same place everybody else thought he would be found. He even picked the wrong side of the mountains.

This should finally prove this Ed Dames guy is a fraud.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As usual, any dated supporting material is missing from the claim.

We, the remarkably gifted people, seem to be unlucky more than the others: Back in December 2007, I predicted that Fossett's plane would be found shortly before the Congress passes $700 billion rescue package, but not before Paul Newman dies. I posted it on my website for everyone to see and to remember when my prediction comes true. As it turned out, the text of my prediction never showed up due to some error, as I found out yesterday. I thought it was there all the time. Bummer.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

7 miles is not all that far. Its an hours drive. hardly proof of him being a fraud. and perhaps the plane began its descent at that area.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rinorino2
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

7 miles is not all that far. Its an hours drive. hardly proof of him being a fraud. and perhaps the plane began its descent at that area.

Not 7, 70.

70 miles drive, through the mountains, is hardly an hour's drive.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
well, considering that the plane lost contact shortly after departure

that should have given search parties and the arm-chair search by EdDames a fairly good idea that the Sierra Mountains were where to begin

the Sierra's are 640km long ... and from 60-130km wide
and I'd guess were in a air traffic corridor...
?remote-viewing or common sense that many other investigators also suggested?

ADD: 1 hour of flight time in every direction is pretty wide area which has lots of valleys, creeks, etc
2 hours of flight time increases the area 4 fold, not twice as we may think.

the eventual hiker coming upon any wreckage was probably the only way a small plane would be discovered or maybe some forest-fire crew might have found it in the future?

[edit on 4-10-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Even blind squirles find nuts from time to time.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Why do people try to make excuses for these frauds? The wreckage was 70 miles away. A radius of 70 miles equals an area of over FIFTEEN THOUSAND square miles. Ed Dames claimed the wreckage was inside the area he marked on the map.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I heard him talk on C2C about where the wreak was. In reality, he was within 10,000 square miles or so.

If he was legitimate, he would have walked to the spot with a news crew in hand and show the world.

The saying made famous by PT Barnum comes to mind on issues such as this.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

He was still more accurate than anyone else regarding the matter.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by hinky

He was still more accurate than anyone else regarding the matter.

Can we see those anyone elses's guesses?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ed Dames makes a living off selling a dvd that tells people the places on earth that won't be destroyed in 2012.

just remember that

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Dames also said that Fossett’s plane had crashed and would be eventually found in the rugged Sierra Mountains.

Wow, amazing psychic prediction.

Of course, if someone's plane is flying is flying over the Sierra mountains, it's probably going to crash there. The Sierra mountains aren't exactly a small mountain range.

/end thread

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
Ed Dames makes a living off selling a dvd that tells people the places on earth that won't be destroyed in 2012.

just remember that

And who is going to bail out those people when 2012 arrives?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So let's see. You fly into a ranch a stones throw from Lake Tahoe and decide to go for a "sight seeing" flight for a few hours.

Here are your options...
You could go east, barren desert, (absolutely nothing to see).
You could go north, Carson City (not much to see).
You could go south, Walker Lake (it's kind of pretty).
Or you can go west, fly over South Lake Tahoe (the Jewel of the Sierras), fly over the Desolation Wilderness/Rubicon Trail, head south over Mammoth Lakes and loop back up.

It kills me to think one would apply "Remote Viewing" before conventional wisdom or rational thought considering the topographical region Fossett had to choose from for a "sight seeing" flight.

aaaahhh hey jim, I did a little remote viewing last night and have narrowed the crash site down to a 10,000 mile radius somewhere in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. Do me a favor, remember this so when he is actually found, I have a witness, okay?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Dames marked area where body was, not where crash site is.
So body was 70 miles away from crash site?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I remember when all this happened, Ed Dames himself said that he was forming his own search party and would go find Fossett himself.

He never did. What happened with that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join