It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Aircraft, is there something bigger here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have just read 2 news stories of missing aircraft and passengers :

Feds search for helicopter with 10 aboard in Gulf of Mexico

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- The Coast Guard was searching the Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday for a helicopter that disappeared with 10 people aboard.

The helicopter last had radio contact on Tuesday night when it was about 90 miles south of Galveston. It was heading to an oil exploratory ship in the gulf, Discoverer Spirit.

No signs of the helicopter were found overnight. There were no reports of bad weather, Wine said.

link : www.cnn.com... x.html

The second :

Crews search for plane carrying six :

BLOOMINGTON, Illinois (AP) -- Rescue crews searched five states Tuesday for a plane carrying six people who were returning to Illinois from a weekend NASCAR race in South Carolina, authorities said.

Civil Air Patrol crews flew over the projected flight path of the private, single-engine plane, covering parts of Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana and Illinois.

Ground crews combed the mountains of eastern Kentucky, where the last radar contact was reported Sunday night about eight miles from Black Mountain, the state's tallest peak.

Authorities said the plane was supposed to refuel in Kentucky but never made that stop.

link : www.cnn.com...

What's going on here ? Coincidence or possible abductions.... are these simply two incedents of missing aircraft ?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
thought I'd do a little searching for similar stories of missing aircraft...

Missing Cessna 170 aircraft - search suspended
access.wa.gov...

Search begins for missing aircraft

www.heraldsun.news.com.au... 343%255E1702,00.html

Maybe it's a common thing and I just never realized it ?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I know this isn't 100% the same thing you're talking about... but, designation F-19 and F-13. Any thoughts?

But, now on topic... that sounds like some kind of coverup occuring. What kind? I can't guess yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
I know this isn't 100% the same thing you're talking about... but, designation F-19 and F-13. Any thoughts?

But, now on topic... that sounds like some kind of coverup occuring. What kind? I can't guess yet.

I have not idea what those are ? Any help ?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Ground crews combed the mountains of eastern Kentucky, where the last radar contact was reported Sunday night about eight miles from Black Mountain, the state's tallest peak.

Thats my neck of the woods and although I'd like to say that I know it well, it is far too extensive for anyone to make such a claim. A search there could take weeks however, the climate is fair at the moment and may allow for extended search hours per day. Still, even with the hardwood canopy still weeks away from development, those woods contain many stands of evergreens which could hide debris. I'm gonna turn on the scanner and see if I can pick up any transmissions. I'll report back if I here anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
thought I'd do a little searching for similar stories of missing aircraft...

Missing Cessna 170 aircraft - search suspended
access.wa.gov...

Search begins for missing aircraft

www.heraldsun.news.com.au... 343%255E1702,00.html

Maybe it's a common thing and I just never realized it ?

That Cessna 170 was found and the report along with underwater video can be found here

The plane went down in good weather, and there is no official report on why it went down. As there was recent maintenance involving the exhaust system, there is some speculation that they may have passed out from due to carbon monoxide poisoning which could explain why the craft went down in good weather with no distress call.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
thanks for the update outsider.. one down, now we need to find the others...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i'm not too concerned. sh*t happens. just because to similar incidence occured, doesn't mean that they're connected.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

The F-19 was a Navy plane produced by Lockheed at the same time as the F-117A. They built 62 of them and as far as I know there has never been any information released on it. It was the airplane that General Bond was killed in mid 80's. It had some stability problems. Haven't heard of the F-13.

john lear

top topics

join