It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's National Church

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, America has never been a truly secular society in terms of the administration of government at either the federal, state or local level. I personally feel, that our governments would function better if public policy that affects all Americans was not based on religious or moral beliefs.

In politics, religious beliefs factor heavily into making public policy decisions, ranging from budgets and taxes to health care, to issues like land rights. However, as long as religion is around, its always going to be this way.

There's nothing wrong with believeing or not believing in whatever God or religion you choose. I've got no problem with that. I just don't feel that the way my tax dollars are spent should be based on a politician's decision, which may be influenced by their religious beliefs, especially if they oppose the view point of those who disagree with them.

Ideally, our government is supposed to pass laws and function without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity or religion but it doesn't. I don't like it but that's the reality of the situation.

For instance, take the issues of marriage and adultery. I don't have exact figures but I'm pretty sure in most states its still a crime to commit adultery. How many people do know of that have committed adultery but not been prosecuted? Why is it illegal? Is it that those who drafted the legislation looked at their religion which says its wrong? Is it based on the ten commandments?

Or did we as a diverse society come together and say ok, marriage is important, we feel family is important to the structure and survival of our nation; and because adultery erodes the basis of relationships, trust and closeness between two partners, therefore we feel it should be illegal.

Laws like this serve no purpose other than to legislate morality. Which in my book is the wrong way to go about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
So what is this religion that is the only one allowed to be discussed by teachers, lawmakers, television hosts, public officials, etc? Athiesim, secularism and darwinism. Athiests, who believe in the god of Science, have a theory of creation, where we go when we die, and our reason for being. Very much like a religion.

I agree with you and wish to add a verse I just posted in another thread, but which also applies to this one.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Romans 1:22-25 (KJV)

We will see an increasing hostility towards all things christian.. from the father who is fighting the words "under God" to the rash of controversy surrounding gay marriage... to the continous labeling of people who believe in God as stupid or sheep.. Next will come the Earth Charter and the world religion. The earth Charter is the religion of Science. It has already been accepted by the UN and eventually, it will gain in momentum. It came out of Gog... it has all the hallmarks, in my humble opinion.. although, I have been wrong before and will no doubt be wrong many many more times
I think it is astute of you to have noticed this silent shift.. but no doubt, it's voice will grow.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
A conspiracy, indeed.
The conspiracy started a few decades ago, when the CFR was given the task of laying out a path by which the nation would be molded in a manner that would take their faith in God away and replace it with narcissism and the worship of the government. This would make the nation more accepting to becoming part of a one world government and willingly surrendering its Divine inheritance and national sovereignty.

Where did that info come from, and who or what is CFR? I've not heard of this before.

Sorry it took so long to get back to the thread, but I'm up to my eyeballs in most all aspects of my life.

Where did the info come from? Gee, I can't even say anymore. I wish I remembered that. There is no way for me to remember that or to find the particular source anytime in this year.
CFR = Council on Foreign Relations. Relatively low rung on the Illuminati food chain.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
hehe Uh, Thomas, y'all have any idea where that info came from yet? I figured maybe a few months down the line it may suddenly come to you in the shower...you know...

Actually, I was searching for another old post and saw this little buddy. I am interested in it, tho!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

It seems to me that America has established a national church dispite our founding father's (particularly Thomas Jefferson) efforts to keep that from happening. People here are allowed to practice any other religion, but you are not permitted to take it into the public forum.

Simply not true.

People have been censored, fined, deamonized, and some have even lost their businesses or jobs for violating this unwritten law.

Who has lost their job because of this and under what circumstances?

So what is this religion that is the only one allowed to be discussed by teachers, lawmakers, television hosts, public officials, etc? Athiesim, secularism and darwinism.

Darwinism is not a religion. I'm begining to suspect you don't know what you are talking about.

Athiests, who believe in the god of Science

Ok, now I know you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Simply not true.

...any support for this assertion?

People have been censored, fined, deamonized, and some have even lost their businesses or jobs for violating this unwritten law.

Who has lost their job because of this and under what circumstances?

I'm sending myself an email right now reminding me to reply to this. I have several, several, several examples of unjust termination (thankfully many of them were overturned by courts, but employers felt justified in firing for such causes) due to faith, Christian, Islamic and Jewish (didn't find any on hindus, though I'm sure they catch a bunch of flak from people, too.)

Darwinism is not a religion. I'm begining to suspect you don't know what you are talking about.

Show me where, in the Origin of Species or any legitimate, scientifically accepted source, where the scientific method could be applied to evolution. Show me why transitory species aren't the norm and the end species abnormal. Show me one radio dating method where I could take 2 pieces of something over 10 million years old (in theory) and get it dated by two different places within 1 million years. I'm giving you one million years to play with. Show me up on this one.

No, you need faith to believe in evolution. Faith denotes a religion, not science.

Athiests, who believe in the god of Science

Ok, now I know you don't know what you are talking about.

Really? That's odd, because I used to be one of them, so to speak. I didn't worship science, as such, but if science hadn't shown it to be possible, or if science showed it to be impossible, I believed that to be the end all be all fact. Yet...Science showed the flight of the bumble bee to be impossible.

How many people have you talked to that say religion is bunk because science says so? I've met many. Quite frankly, in my case as I am today, every little agstrom I learn about science reinforces my believe in God and Christ. Yet, people who don't believe in my faith say exactly the opposite: Science disproves God. Well, I'm coming from a perspective that knows both pretty well and is getting to know both better every day, and I say they prove eachother. Someone who only knows half the story, science, says that which they know disproves that which they don't know. Same goes the other way. People who know religion and not science say religion proves science to be false.

Yet talk to people who are very involved in the sciences and religion, and you usually won't get the same arguement. People like who I used to be may know some about Christianity, but only enough to attack a Christian and show them their knowlege is faulty because Science is king. Yes, I'm ashamed to say, I was one of those people for about 8 years. Then I went a read too much about Christianity and was lost to secular humanism and science as a religion for all time. Whoops?

You can believe I don't know what I'm talking about if it makes you feel smarter. However, I'd be very interested in you putting some supporting thoughts to those words. In the mean time, I'll draw my own conclusions about you

[edit on 1-24-2005 by junglejake]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join