It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you better off than you were 2 yrs ago?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Some of those links are broken or died of old age.

Same question applies though, are you better than two years ago?

I am not financially, but emotionally and such I am. It is a good thing to reflect on such past times, but not to dwell on them. If we dwell on the past we create stagnation with our selves.

But by learning from the past, we can acknowledge the mistakes and move forward.

If we all were to do this as a culture and society, I feel our current condition would be much more greatly improved.
But as it seems, the short term memory of our peoples is even worse than the long term. How can we expect to move forward, if we keep forgetting where we have come from.

It is important to know where we have been, if we ever want to make it to our destination.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am in possession of the Final answer where there are no more questions, so very much so. Now I await further demonstrations while in constant awe. Now I know why it cannot be passed to others, but they must obtain It for themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
personally i am worse off financially..same pay trying to deal with constantly escalating prices for everything i need and use. as for pulling my head out..i am much better off now and at least realize what is happening around me and in the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bout Time

1) My job was outsourced to India...........loss of $43-52,000K per year. Which means my husband of 67 years with a arota valve replacement will have to work until he drops dead to pay off our house.
2) My property taxes went up by $1,200 bucks from last year
3) My housing value fell
4) Food costs more
5) Clothes while being made cheaper cost more
6) Medical costs have risen
7) You can't get any real news on the news channels or in the newspaper
8) People seem to be getting more zombified..............dumber and dumber, like in a daze.
9) Now in order to fly from Illinois to Florida you must allow a stranger to look at your nude body and possibly touch you.
10) Cameras are up everywhere.............even places you least expect, watch closely - many are hidden.
11) TV shows are getting dumber and dumber..........absolutely hardly any are worth viewing.

Welcome to 1984
edit on 18-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join