It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian PM Harper has already officially endorsed the North American Union!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Canadian PM Harper has already officially endorsed the North American Union!

w ww.princegeorgecitizen.com

Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s appearance at the New York City based Council of Foreign Relations (CFR) on 25 September 2007, was an official endorsement and expression of solidarity on the North American Union agenda.

The Council of Foreign Relations has indeed published a book on its North American Union manifesto entitled “Building a North American Community”.

www.cfr.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So the canadians are in cahoots with the American elites on forming a north american union.

Question: How do you get a nation full of freedom loving individuals like America to want a North American Union?

Answer: You get them to hate thier current government.

Conclusion: The North American Union is on the move.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Its really funny that they're endorsing it, in private, away from public eye, and seem very reluctant to inform anyone. Gee, I wonder why?
Perhaps they know the proverbial s**t will hit the fan. For some reason I see our prime minister having a very difficult time should he attempt to bring this one out in the open. He'll wish he never had!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is a load of crap.

The LIBERAL party endorced and brought about NAFTA. The CFR is a LIBERAL organization. On the other hand, Stephen Harper runs a Conservative and conservative government.

Stephen Harper has plans to enter Canada into an economic union with the EU since the US (Canada's largest trading partner) is currently tanking and not bolstering the Canadian economy. Stephen Harper has repeatedly turned down requests from GWB and Mexican Presidents Fox and Calderon to let more Mexican temporary workers into Canada.

But you're telling me that because Stephen Harper appeared at a CFR meeting that he's all ready to bring about the NAU.

What's more, even if all this were true, do you really believe that the PM would be doing this because it's what his constituency wants??

So the canadians are in cahoots with the American elites on forming a north american union.

Yeah, that must be it. All the small town hockey mums and metrosexual Torontonians and Vancouverites are in collusion with the CFR. Do you even know any Canadians?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Harper is a clown, unfortunately his party is looking for reelection and somehow not failing horribly. I won't be voting for him, I'll ya that much

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.canadianactionparty.ca

That's the only party I'd vote for. Unfortunately there's not many MP's around. But they know whats up fully.

What do any of these primetime leaders offer us.
The last greatest thing in my mind we built for Canada together as a nation was a railway over a hundred years ago (thank you chinese and japanese). Nothing since really. They offer to plan and develop the most minimal of desires.

Where's the Maglev network, Massive solar farms, Wave generators, etc.
We have all the resources and man power in our own country to achieve it.

But from the day I was born written into contract we are required to provide to set amount of our resources and energies to Mother America and Other foreign countires. We are slaves and being extorted.

Joke of a space program, Streched thin military with no spare parts, small high tech industry. Lacking Green jobs and an alternative energy based economy.

They have an agenda and our national rights are not apart of it theres a bigger picture and they have been workin on it for hundreds of years. Damn these inbred families.

www.canadianactionparty.ca

[edit on 3-10-2008 by GodshipForAll]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Um, his presence at the Council on Foreign Relations was apparently hard evidence he's supporting the NAU?

... since when?
Seems going to Foreign Relations meetings was kind of Harper's job, considering he is the Canadian PM.

And people seem to be forgetting how the Canadian government works... Harper's party holds a minority government, meaning, a heck of allot more people than just him and his party have to want to join a Union before anything can be done.

Basically, people are confusing PM's with Presidents... one man does not have the authority to toss aside parts of the government he doesn't like and patch it with a Union... it doesn't work that way.
Maybe Bush in his wannabe dictator tantrums might get away with that garbage... but up here, you've gotta get more than just the leaders in power behind you to get things through.

Luckily for us, unlike the US senate, the Canadian parliament tends to read.
What a novel concept.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Whats so awful about an NAU anyway.

Frankly the Mexican and Canadian vote would tone down American extremism and...

damn we would be one heck of a powerful entity

there are only 100 Million Mexicans and just like the USA they will end up there sooner or later anyway want them or not, what will you do Kill them when the emmigrate?

Face the facts Mexico is part of our world either embrace it or fight it...

But Canada won't sit on a continent with all the water in the world and only under 40 mil populace forever...

What exactly is the cultural difference between the USA and Canada anyway

aside from that our government stinks... and you'd have a hand in changing it when election time came?

Maybe Running it?

Who says it couldn't be a Canadian atop the throne in short time? not like we have anything against Canadians...

I don't think it's a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Question: How do you get a nation full of freedom loving individuals like America to want a North American Union?

Answer: You get them to hate thier current government.

Conclusion: The North American Union is on the move.

I disagree. Yes you can make them hate their current Government or you can create a situation where the populace look at the NAU as a solution to a problem so they would embrace the idea. Perfect example would be an Economic Crisis. If the NAU would solve the USA's current economic problems, the people would cheer and accept it with no issues.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Whats so awful about an NAU anyway.

I don't think it's a bad idea.

I'm beginning to think a NAU wouldn't be all that bad either.

The canadians have oil shale and the mexicans have oil in the gulf of mexico. Truthfully most mexicans and canadians that I have met are very nice people. The canadians seem to be a bit more naive, but none the less have some good ideas. The mexicans seem to have a very strong work ethic and strong family values.

I think that once we get rid of our corrupt american government and wipe the slate clean, becoming a north american union may actually look pretty desirable to all parties.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
If the NAU would solve the USA's current economic problems, the people would cheer and accept it with no issues.

Once the dollar fails what are you gonna replace it with?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

no it's true, mostly Mexicans would be in favor because of the income and lifestyle lift...

and Canadians against because of it's drop

But Canada couldn't hold it's resources with any pother neighbor but the United States south of the border... but otherwise we are as far as mainstream Americans go, identical cultures (some canadians will hate me to say that)

But the reality is our fringe groups and other social aspects ...Canadians don't want it or our politics

But I say the real of this is they are better off having a SAY in what goes on before it's too late, they are... already in many ways at the US whim and don't get a vote...

any disaster here would send Americans and probably Mexicans too spewing into Canada and there is nothing you could do about it...any more than we cans top Mexicans from coming here.

Canadians see nothing but issues as a result of Mexico and the USA

They would be correct!

But that's it... we are all rather lucky

3 Nations on an entire continent, as bad as the USA has been lately mostly we are almost identical, and Mexicans are hardworking, mostly catholic...

anywhere else in the world there is so much more language and culture to overcome for the sake of unity... mostly it won't happen without war

We could be a great continent of a culture and... Canadians being the sanest and most under control and normalized on the continent should look to this as an opportunity to lead not hide from it...you share this land with us, the worse we get the worse your life gets and that's a simple fact

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

We could be a great continent of a culture and... you share this land with us, the worse we get the worse your life gets and that's a simple fact.

That's right, our pollution is your pollution canadians. Our lack of leadership in developing alternative energy will also be your problem once we run out of oil.

We were a great nation once and had great status. You can tap into what's left of the spirit that drove us to become a world empire.

And to be quite blunt, it's us or the Chinese.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Canadians don't have capital punishment. Better Health care(still not perfect). Alberta residents will have free healthcare as of jan 2009.
We are not huge on the war on drugs. Unfortunately if Harpers wins a majority we'll see stricter penalties on poor dope smokers.

Regardless I believe the world will be globalized and culturally homoginized eventually, this is all another step forward in the process.

It just sucks that the powers to be are doing so in a covert fashion.
Holding private and secret meetings away from the public eye and public or independent scrutiny. Bilderbergs, Trilaterals, CFR's, Secret Societies.
Shady deals going about......If only Big oil would never have suppressed alternative energies from the beginning and we followed Nikola's Tesla's path of technology in the way he wanted us to use it.

Somone wants to be king of the world lol....and for the first time in recorded history, it's a strong possibility of someone ruling the whole planet earth. Perhaps in 20-40 years.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by MrWendal
If the NAU would solve the USA's current economic problems, the people would cheer and accept it with no issues.

Once the dollar fails what are you gonna replace it with?

A different piece of paper with a new design on it?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I may not be the most knowledgeable person on the subject but I thought it was well known he has backed the NAU since 2005.
Here is the site that has been around for a few years.
www.spp.gov

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

But Canada couldn't hold it's resources with any pother neighbor but the United States south of the border...

I would not be so sure of that, yes the States are Canada's biggest trading partner and visa versa, but as far as out oil and wood goes there are a few countries that have been trying to get in and get a piece of our national resources (China).

The problem is our government is so entangled and afraid of the US government that we dont have the balls to stand up and say "NO" you cant have all of it.

Funniest thing is we have all this oil and natural gas and we give it away to the states at a much lower price than the going rate. If our government would grow a set, our country would be even more financially secure. That or we should let China come in, at least they are willing to pay preium prices for our oil. But nooooooooooooo we cant do that.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

NAFTA on Steroids

Coupling the perennial issue of security with Wall Street’s measures of prosperity, the leaders of the three North American nations have convened the Security and Prosperity Partnership. The White House-led initiative—launched at a March 23, 2005, meeting of President George Bush, Mexico’s then-president Vicente Fox and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin—joins beefed-up commerce with coordinated military operations to promote what it calls “borderless unity.”
Critics call it “NAFTA on steroids.” However, unlike NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), the SPP has been formed in secret, without public input. “The SPP is not a law, or a treaty, or even a signed agreement,” Laura Carlsen wrote in a report for the Center for International Policy. “All these would require public debate and participation of Congress, both of which the SPP has scrupulously avoided.”
Instead, the SPP has a special workgroup: the North American Competitiveness Council. It’s a coalition of private companies that are, according to the SPP Web site, link “adding high-level business input [that] will assist governments in enhancing North America’s competitive position and engage the private sector as partners in finding solutions.”
They include Chevron, Ford, General Electric, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Merck, New York Life, Procter & Gamble, and Walmart. “Where are the environmental council, the labor council and the citizen’s council in this process?” Carlsen asked.
A look at NAFTA’s popularity among citizens in all three nations is evidence why its expansion would be disguised. “It’s a scheme to create a borderless North American Union under U.S. control without barriers to trade and capital flows for corporate giants, mainly U.S. ones,” wrote Steven Lendman in Global Research. “It’s also to ensure America gets free and unlimited access to Canadian and Mexican resources, mainly oil, and in the case of Canada, water as well.”

*heavy sigh*

To that end, the Task Force proposes the creation by 2010 of a North American community to enhance security, prosperity, and opportunity. We propose a community based on the principle affirmed in the March 2005 Joint Statement of the three leaders that "our security and prosperity are mutually dependent and complementary." Its boundaries will be defined by a common external tariff and an outer security perimeter within which the movement of people, products, and capital will be legal, orderly and safe. Its goal will be to guarantee a free, secure, just, and prosperous North America.

Few thoughts concerning the Amero --->

America Welcomes the Amero

...taps...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Free trade, the forerunner of NAFTA was a Mulroney brainstorm. My grandparents said he was a traitor to Canada, and should have been imprisoned for life. Due to the clause that allows matters to be tried by a business tribunal, regarding issues that prevent a foreign country for making profit due to the due process of a democratic nation passing laws in its sovereign jurisdiction and right, such as when Canada prohibited use of a certain chemical as it was probably cancer causing, and a US company wanted to set up shop here. They took this matter to the tribunal and we had to pay over 20 million in tax payers money. That is treason. There is nothing over the head of a sovereign nation with regards to its own business, let alone a business tribunal. Because that one clause is treason, then there is absolutely no penalties that can in incurred by tearing up the document. No fines. In law, if any part of a document is a crime, the entire document is null and void. Thats taught in basic law.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join