It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Each of Us Have a Purpose, from Where We Stand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Now, this isn't faith-based, or anything like what it might sound. This is really, really making sense to me. After reading another post, in another thread, in another forum at ATS... I got to thinking about this.

For those of us alive today, is there a purpose for us to be alive in this trying time of the world's history? For those of us alive in this exact point in history, is there a reason for it? This is such a hectic time.

For those of us alive in the US/England/AU/etc, in such trying times, is there a reason for it? For those of us who are alive in this point in history, in a place in the world where maybe we CAN make a difference, is there a reason? I mean, each of us could have been born in a place like Africa. Where we are starving to death, our voice does not matter, and is not heard.

Now, for those of us who are in a place in history, and a physical place on planet earth who has a voice, is there a reason for it? Those of us at ATS who want to look past, and further than what the mainstream media tell us, is there a reason?? Is there a reason each of us was born in a place where we are fortunate enough to have a voice, AND we choose to seek truth?

So many are born in impoverished nations where their leaders don't care if they have a meal to eat, much less what they know about what is going on in the world.. or even, god forbid, what they have to say. They will never know any 'truths'. They will never see past their own hunger, much less be able to speak their mind and make a difference in any aspect of their life.

What was it that made us fortunate enough to be able to be heard, over any other random human being? And in this trying time in history, when so many changes are happening all around us?

Please, think about this... Why us? Why now? Do we have a purpose in the course of the earth's future?

No need to comment. Just understand.

EDIT to add: Is it all just random, the situation we fell into, and something to be thankful for, but not to the point we might use whatever 'power' we have, that many in the world do not?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
IMO, we all made a conscious choice before we were incarnated onto this planet, we had things we had to learn and experience, and so we chose this time, as we would encounter these things. Do we know what they are? I have no idea, I don't know what I'm here for. I know I'm here for something, I know I am meant to find my own way in this world, with my own beliefs, based on my perceptions. I know that I won't be 'right', I will only find a path that is right for me, this will help me grow and discover my path further.

Is this what you were talking about? I wasn't sure tbh, lol.

EMM

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Quote from a great movie that seems to fit nicely into our current world situation...

.."There is no fate but what we make for ourselves"

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"Even the smallest grain of sand has a purpose."

top topics

join