It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Theory on Shag Harbour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

On reflection, she and her husband wondered whether some fisherman had actually invested in one of the big, lighted lures and had been testing it on that dramatic October night, in the waters off Shag Harbour.

The pair theorized that the residual yellow foam could have been from the friction of the catch because some fish shed oily bits of themselves, especially scales, when they’re being jostled violently together.

Full Story

To me this story just doesn't seem to fit the story I've always heard about Shag Harbour. Sure it explains the object in the water, but weren't there also witnesses who saw this thing plummeting from the sky? Still though it's good to see new, plausible theories on this story by the people who witnessed it almost 41 years after the fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I *really* doubt that explanation. You're absolutely right that people saw the object in the air before it went down. The foam explanation is even more unrealistic when you consider the amount reported.

Now I don't know what it was (UFO?/BP?), but to me it surely doesn't fit this individuals "answer" based on a boatload (no pun intended) of other testimony.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wasn't there something about the foam or some residue in the water being toxic? That doesn't sound much like a fishing lure, and it dosen't sound like fish being jostled around.
Something weird happened there, that's all we can really be sure of. Been a long time since I studied shag harbor, but if I remember the details, it sure did sound like a UFO crashing and making underwater repairs.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In all likelihood, the Shag Harbour Incident was the Russians testing out some new-fangled technology.

I believe that at one point, the object moved up the coast, where it was monitored by the Navy. The Navy ships had to head further north to respond to a report of Russian subs entering Canadian waters, at which time the Shag object vanished.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 187ninjuh

In all likelihood, the Shag Harbour Incident was the Russians testing out some new-fangled technology.

What do you mean by this? If the Russians were testing an experimental plane which crashed they probably would have found wreckage. Were they testing out an experimental plane/submarine hybrid?? I don't think so. Aircraft are made from lighter materials which would make a horrible underwater vehicle. Likewise, underwater machines are made from heavier alloys which would make terrible aircraft.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The story has many interesting characters in it, but it points more to a hoax. The son, who was allegedly burned by the slag, has denied the UFO incident ever happened. All the "slag" that was found was not made up of any unusual properties. A tragic airplane crash that cost the lives of a couple of military men was made out as a conspiracy, but there was no evidence to back up any of the claims made by anyone.

top topics

join