It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Traffic Light Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Is it just me or has anyone noticed these buttons here in the US to make the traffic light enable you to cross....don't....do.......anything. I think this is a classic example of the government trying to make the people feel empowered yet they aren't at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Erm,

to be honest, I disagree. I know for a fact that they work in the UK.

Perhaps it's just that you only ever cross the roads at peak traffic hours where ensuring traffic flows freely is more important than allowing pedestrians to cross.

Over here it takes some time at rush hour, but other times it's pretty instantaneous.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This conspiracy is much smaller than you think and also far more insidious.

You see, it's only YOU that those buttons are deactivated for.

They work just fine for the rest of us.

Now .. you'll have to ask yourself some questions .. like .. Who? and Why?

Unfortunately I can't answer them for you. Well, I could .. but then I'd have to kill myself so I won't.

Sorry!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I was trying to keep the big secret...

Then you go and spoil it?

Jeez, what is this site coming to.

Seriously though, OP - you gotta be careful or you start seeing conspiracies everywhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not to mention the totalitarian pan-determination imposed by green and red lights seeking to control our every move.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

I've got to hand it to you. You're scraping the bottom of the conspiracy barrel with that one.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Skyfloating,

You should see the spreadsheets I prepare in work...

Red and green everywhere.

Reinforcing the master plan.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Not to mention the totalitarian pan-determination imposed by green and red lights seeking to control our every move.

That's it. I was going to remain silent but now I have to report you to the great frog in the blender in the sky.

Eeeeew, you're in trouble now.....,

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
They took them out here the past few years.. the way theyve worked here is the transition for each side to go through the intersection is faster unless a pedestrian hits the button, in which case it's a bit longer for them to get across... for instance if you don't hit the button, the walk symbol won't light up and it'll turn red faster.

The ones here now though just have a number counting down so you know exactly how much time you have to cross.. no button.

www.citynews.ca...

Plus...
"I think this is a classic example of the government trying to make the people feel empowered yet they aren't at all. "
What about the people driving? .. It's just a way to deal with traffic congestion.. you're letting this stuff take a hold of you too much man.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You spoke openly of this?? What were you thinking?? You know what comes next.. the elevator buttons..

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I though they had kept this secret hidden! The government is going to attack! Everyone please report to an underground cave and never, ever expose yourself to civilization again!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
do what i do ..theres a button under the control box for blind people to press ..it stops the traffic straight away and it stops the traffic for longer..lol..

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its true, I know it sounds crazy, but you are not the only one to notice.

Not all of them do nothing, but there are millions that dont.
They are called "Placebo Buttons"
Google search

some interesting links:
Sweden Pedestrian buttons, secret message
Placebo buttons
More info on the conspiricy

It is not designed for you, and you are not in a Trueman show type scenario, as some people here would happily have you beleive.

Elevator Close button

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In some areas like where I live, there are no buttons to push to get the green walk sign to cross the street. There are sensors in place that detect someone waiting to cross the street, and they are very effective and keep that green walk light going far longer than the usual 10 seconds of the old push button system.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-10-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The buttons work if there are no vehicles waiting/stopped at the intersection.

If there is traffic at the intersection, the button is not going to change the light and stop traffic just to allow you to cross... LMAO.

but you ever try to cross an intersection in the middle of the night when there's no traffic on the road? The hand sign thing will tell you that you can't cross, even though there are no cars around for miles. This is when you are supposed to push the button, so it changes the light and allows you to cross.

But if there's cars waiting at the intersection, it's going to give them priority over you.

Do you know how dangerous it would be to have the traffic signal change immediately while cars are moving through the intersection? Seriously. Yeah, let's just allow you to push the button and cause 10 car pile ups.

Sigh.

No, you're right... it's a conspiracy! The evil government is out to get us!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think, that traffic lights are also used as a social experiment.

To see if people will obey, and press the button no matter what.

I see people standing there, when there is no traffic, and they press the button anxiously waiting for the green man.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Traffic lights in the New York City area are all networked. For one light to turn red, it has prerequisites, for example, the light prior or after to be yellow or red.
If you push one of the buttons to cross, it's actually somewhat like pushing 2-6 buttons, and the wait is long because you have to wait for the prerequisite lights to turn their colors.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
do what i do ..theres a button under the control box for blind people to press ..it stops the traffic straight away and it stops the traffic for longer..lol..

Is this true? I'll be looking into this. I hope I'm not just being gullible.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Heh.. one of these days us pedestrians are gonna have our revenge. We'll get traffic lights installed where you have to get out of your car and press a button to drive through, and if you try to shoot the lights - hah! spikes will come up out of the tarmac and rip your tyres..

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

I must be the whistle-blower on this conspiracy.

These other individuals in your thread who have claimed the traffic light buttons were only for you are merely disinformation agents sent to ATS to lead you around a circle of truths in regards to the traffic light conspiracy.

I, however, have worked at a secret government base for many decades and have been privy to the knowledge of a traffic light conspiracy in effect.

The traffic light conspiracy was a ploy by the United States government to boost the sales of automobiles to help their executive friends in the automobile industry who donated to their campaigns. They figured if they could desensitize the pedestrian population through disappointment that their newly found empowered state on the sidewalks of America was merely an illusion whose priority in society took a back seat to the vehicles on the roadways, these pedestrians would buy themselves a vehicle of their own so they no more would have to suffer through the tyranny and oppression of traffic lights.

Beware the lies that these disinformation agents are feeding you, RagenCajun. This conspiracy is much more dangerous and much more important than you believe.

Keep up the fight. Follow the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join