It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hello all,

I am after some data for the following aircraft F35, Tornado GR4, Harrier GR9a and Typhoon. Does anyone know the following:

Sensor names that the above platfroms carry:
and details about them eg. (range / magnification / field of view / max tracking altitude / tracking speed / target location errors)

Also would any know the operating temperatures in turns of radar signature that these planes give off?

Thanks guys bit of a random question - but any help would be great.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr P Cave
Hello all,

I am after some data for the following aircraft F35, Tornado GR4, Harrier GR9a and Typhoon. Does anyone know the following:

Sensor names that the above platfroms carry:
and details about them eg. (range / magnification / field of view / max tracking altitude / tracking speed / target location errors)

That's a tall order to fill, regarding the F-35, try Googling the following systems:

AN/APG-81: AESA Radar,
EOTS: electro-optical targeting system
FLIR: forward-looking infrared
IRST: infrared search-and-track
DAS: distributed aperture system
CNI: communication, navigation and identification suite
JTRS: Joint Tactical Radio System
JPALS: Joint Precision Approach and Landing System

[edit on 10-2-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr P Cave

Hey Mr P welcome to the forums. Care to share with us what u need the info for?
Anyways out of faith I did some research. I'd be more then willing to further help if we had a idea what this was being used for.

Since Intelgurl has the F-22 systems covered, here is the Typhoon systems to look into.

-AIS (RWR, LWR, MAW)
-CAPTOR / ECR-90 (AMSAR)
-PIRATE
-DASS
-TRD

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I could tell you, but I'd have to dismantle you.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Does anyone know the following:

...details about them eg. (range / magnification / field of view / max tracking altitude / tracking speed / target location errors)

Undoubtably, however they are probably are not on ATS nor would they divulge such specific information.

Also would any know the operating temperatures in turns of radar signature that these planes give off?

Might as well ask for the classified brief on the F-35s LO features while you're at it.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry it was a bit rude of me not telling why I need the info. I work in a similar position to Intelgirl but for the UK. I am predominatley land based but for one specific project I am working on need some Aircraft info.

The sensor names you guys have provided are a great start though so thanks.

Anyway I read these forums all the time and it seemd like a good place to start, as now I can look up classified info on these sensors.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh for crying out loud!!

If you work for intel...then you dont need to be asking for that kind of information on military hardware in a public forum or even doing google searches!!!!

And besides, any classified info on military hardware would not be found in ANY public information database, be it google, ATS, mickymouse info house, or elsewhere other than parked in a well guarded and secure database at the DOD.

Give me a break!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-10-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What so you think there are endless databases for anything remotley military?

I said I work in Land not Air - thus I know very little about air and needed a quick answer to a quick question. So I can now contact experts on those particular systems.

There is nothing sneaky beaky about it was just a normal question, just because I have SC I am allowed to ask something I don't know in an unclassified enviroment...

But feel free to beleive whatever you want. My job is pretty dull anyway...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There are a few paranoid people on the forum that think serious confidential information is or will be made available on ATS

Catch yerselves on! Your getting ideas far beyond your station.

There is nothing on this forum of remote usefulness for anyone really looking into analysing the performance of military systems!

P Cave is fully justified in asking the question. No one is going to post up the reams of information needed to provide a useful snapshot never mind full picture - so quit deluding yourselves.

[edit on 3/10/08 by kilcoo316]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In response to both Mr P and Westpoint the info I gave is easy to find sensor names on the net with all anyone would need to do is a quick google search. I also understand some of what was asked ie. temps are usually classified till the project is no longer operational or never was in the case of the yf-23 and its heat shielding on the exhaust.
Best of luck in your project Mr. P but I would recommend if you want further help to work with your coworkers and not rely on people that you haven't even met to give you good info.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Saying that you have SC does not absolve yourself from responsibility. I've been spoken to after being overhead discussing subjects which had nothing to do, even remotley, to do with what my job was at the time. Which was not in a sensitive position. Fishing, I think, otherwise you'd get on google like the rest of us!

new topics

top topics

join