It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popobawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i laughed while i was reading this, but i probably shouldn't have. good thing here on the north american continent these things don't do any sexual dasterdly deeds. oh, wait i guess i gotta scratch that, because of what happened to the lady in The Entity. the Popobawa sounds similiar to many other phenomana that have been deemed sleep disorders by the "scientific" community. but it says that entire families sleep infront of their houses out of fear of the Popobawa. africa is an insanely crazy cool place. so i guess their demons and cryptic creatures are wild and crazy just like everthing else.

www.icidal.com...

[Edited on 113131p://3111u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've heard of this before. It just seems to be an incubi in the form of a bat with one eye? That's pretty strange.

But why wouldn't this entity do anything to families who slept outside? Is it afraid of large groups of people?

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe it's being protective of a nest?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
But why wouldn't this entity do anything to families who slept outside? Is it afraid of large groups of people?

Because it doesn't exist. Come on Jeff!
I watched a lil X-Files last night and it was an episode about a brain picking albino from Burkina Faso. Damn do they have some legends in Africa or what?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Maybe it's being protective of a nest?

If I was protecting a nest I would try and shoo people away like a swooping bird, rather than sodomising sleeping men.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by phayce]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A lot of repressed or theocratic nations (e.g. Zanzibar) tend to have more than their share of legends to explain away the sexual escapades of their youngsters, the innocent, and homosexuals... the legend of the Incubus and Succubus come to mind.

Most likely, it's just some guy that happens to swing the other way, and would rather blame it on the One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Raper than his good buddy Jake over at the CYO.

top topics

join