It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they making Al-quaeda seem like such a huge threat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm listening to the audiobook Ghost: Confessions of a Counterterrorism Agent and it seems like the terrorist threat from 20 years ago was larger than the one today. This was a time when there were more terror groups outside of ones allied with Al-quaeda were targeting areas in the USA.

It really seems like the terror problem was a lot moreso back in the days before 9-11. I think things have quieted down a bit.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Why are they making Al-quaeda seem like such a huge threat?

Because that was the original story

It really seems like the terror problem was a lot moreso back in the days before 9-11. I think things have quieted down a bit.

Actually it has dramatically increased. At least, the number of members in these alleged terrorist organizations have. And I believe that was the result of all the media attention they have received. These organizations are tangible now. Essentially, I think the US in affect created them.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Every scary story needs a boogie-man.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Your question has been discussed in one way or another, quite a lot on ATS. You should check out the video, "Oil, Smoke and Mirrors," and also the BBC television documentary about Operation Gladio.

Here are links to those videos.

Oil, Smoke and Mirrors

Google Video Link

Timewatch: Operation Gladio

Google Video Link

Basically, sir_chancelot had it about right, but the videos fill in a little more detail.

top topics

join