It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert Says Israel Should Pull Out of West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Olmert Says Israel Should Pull Out of West Bank

www.nytimes.com

"What I am saying to you now has not been said by any Israeli leader before me," Mr. Olmert told the newspaper Yediot Aharonot in the interview on the occasion of the Jewish new year, observed from Monday evening till Wednesday evening. "The time has come to say these things."

"This decision is difficult, terrible, a decision that contradicts our natural instincts, our innermost desires, our collective memories, the prayers of the Jewish people for 2,000 years."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com
voanews.com

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am really suprised and pleased to see Prime Minister Olmert challenging conventional thinking and having the guts to say that Israel should withdraw from occupied territory. He is right in that no other Israeli leader has said this. It is just too bad that his term comes to an end very soon, however I hope he makes long lasting ripples with this.

Perhaps those who have no faith in Israel will now re-evaluate their beliefs.

SteveR

www.nytimes.com

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
No takers? And we have hundred reply threads about Israeli atrocity and policy?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Glad to hear someone on the Israeli side FINALLY start to make some concessions. The Palestinians have just as much of a right to live a good life as the people who stole it from them. I have always said that I could care less if the Israeli's were our allies UNTIL they backed off and allowed the creation of an official state of Palestine.

The argument always leads back to blah blah they're terrorists....
If you grew up under three generations of oppression.....how would you treat your tormentors?

Liberate Palestine.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Could this be the Oct 7th event as predicted on C2C by the web bots (sorry I don't have the article)? I believe the 8th is Yom Kippur (sp). Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Agreed. I hope this signifies some big changes.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

To make it short and simple, it's never too late to do the right thing. Oh how could go ooon about history though a good deed needs no criticism.

This will be difficult and I'm sure we'll see lots of media coverage showing all the poor folks being dragged out of 'their' homes.

Let's just get it over with, we don't need the media to make a mockery out the victims who victimized their victims who never had a voice or a media.

I hope the Palestinians and Israelis can learn to live among one another, they didn't have many problems before the state of Israel was drew up on paper by foreign interests in the first place.

We must continue to right the wrongs of history if we are to live in peace and just as important, we need to teach history 'as it was' and 'as it happened' without bias toward one's motive or another's. If we are to 'learn' from history, we need to teach the truth as best as can be attained or just the facts and let the reader find the 'truth' in history on his own.

Todays history books are full of holes though for good reason, we need to press for home schooling so the youth have a chance to be truely independent of mind and future.

Not every parent can arrange/afford/or have time for home schooling though should the STATE be the one telling them how to educate their child? They can't even keep guns out of schools or discipline the students anymore. There are 'institutions' that made sure of that though thats yet another conspiracy altogether. Nother time I suppose. We need to get over the 'current' crisis before we figure how to deal with 'it's' tentacles.

As long as students can pass the standardized annual exams the State or should I say Federal Govt. put together, they should be left to achieve and fulfill their inherent potentials.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Full marks to Olmert.

In another forum, it's posted that Olmert has also said that Israel/Israelis are megalomaniacs.

On the tv-news here last night, they briefly interviewed Israelis in the street. To a man, they spoke scathingly and dismissively of Olmert and said they couldn't wait for him to be gone.

Olmert, single-handedly, in my opinion, has restored a fraction of Israel's squandered credibility.

But perhaps Israel and Israelis believe they don't need to worry about reputation and credibility as long as they have US taxpayers funding their megalomaniacal (Olmert's term) ambitions ?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
In another forum, it's posted that Olmert has also said that Israel/Israelis are megalomaniacs.

That's interesting. Where did you see this?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its still all just talk though, and I mean death bed repent just like Bush, gotta leave a legacy so Im not remembered for something worse..?

Hes honest at least all the years of the opposite ideology and changing his mind once its meaningless... I hope Lipni doesnt get in she annoyed me in all the videos on youtube.

But nice to hear something good in the middle east for once! Congrats to Olmert if hes genuine!

Also, simply pulling out of the territories is a terrible idea, do they expect the Palestinians to be grateful? Much as I wish they would be reality says the dog in the cage aint gonna be happy when its released... they better have a lot of damn security while they repair their relationships.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

I am really suprised and pleased to see Prime Minister Olmert challenging conventional thinking and having the guts to say that Israel should withdraw from occupied territory. He is right in that no other Israeli leader has said this. It is just too bad that his term comes to an end very soon, however I hope he makes long lasting ripples with this.

Perhaps those who have no faith in Israel will now re-evaluate their beliefs.

SteveR

www.nytimes.com

My take in this is that this individual should have made this comment before he stepped down as an Israeli Prime Minister.

No point making such useless claims now. I think after the corruption charges he has no public image left, all he can do now is start his political work from scratch, meaning start lying, start another chapter.

He is going to start lying and gather support similar to Obama then when he is in power 'pooof', cover the campaign lies with some new lies and everyone forgives and forgets. hallelujah!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
they need too not for the sake of the palestinians but there militairy is over stressed and they need to make the nation a bit more compact and defendable for the coming war with Iran. You don't want your army in different places combating on several battlefields. so first you call back your troops make defencive perimeters and then when all is secured you can make surgical attacks on the nuclear facility's in Iran after digging in your own defence systems

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Israel is a dead corpse. It has no mind to make up anymore.

Take ariel sharon for example, As soon as he went into his coma, and hizbolla captured two israeli soldiers, israel attacked with everything they had instead of negotiating for their release.

He withdrew from gaza, and was to negotiate for the opening of gaza had he not fell ill. He's in a coma, and israel attacks gaza, something ariel sharon would have never done, AFTER HE WITHDREW. That's just schizophrenic.

Ariel sharon built a wall around israel and drew back settlements.

The exact opposite of anything even close to peace ever happened under olmert.

Olmert sounds like tony blair who now states he was tricked or misled into invading iraq, because of weapons of mass destruction, and that's just what he was being told.

Rudy guliani was asked why?, if the towers had been attacked before like in 1993, then why did he put his command post and headquarters in the twin towers,..... he replied, that's what they were telling me to do, and that's what everyone was telling him to do.

All the terror that was brought onto gaza, and lebannon all happened under olmert. I don't beleive him at all, Israel is dead corpse. None of this would have happened if ariel sharon wasn't in a coma.

It's really sad we have to even hear this dribble at all everyday. They come up with something new every day to real you back in, and stay in the mainstream media.

If olmert wanted to do that then he should have done that when he was prime minister.
Not kill all those palestinians and lebanese. It makes no cents to even entertain or listen to someone who didn't do just that when he was prime minister. Why should anyone even listen, he has no power anymore. He should go write his romance novel, because it sounds like not even the women in israel want anything to do with him anymore.

Don't even get me started about how hamas yet and still has an israeli soldier they captured to negotiate with. He's just mad he couldn't win his release when he was prime minister.

Look, kids in israel have no choice but to join the IDF. How is that Israel wants to negotiate when all they do is kill innocence in people. So Olmert has a gaza incursion that kills 1400 palestinians, and hamas has an israeli soldier who is alive and breathing?

And then, the former prime minister wants israel to get out of gaza? It sounds like taking all the palestinian weapons away, and then not protecting palestinians from settlers to me.

By the way, this kid is the best thing that ever happened to israel not olmert. Their PR can't get any better than this ever. He sound like a real humane person with real feelings. If this kid ever becomes prime minister, some pissed off higher ranking soldier is just going to start # anyway, and not take orders from someone with a lower rank.

Israel is a dead corpse. These stories should not be payed attention to at all. I really hope he is released though, so he can be the next tiger woods and get all the women.
He's part of the only hope israel has left anyway not olmert. He should go live in with tony blair in jeruselem or something.

I can't understand schizophrenia, and I can't stand grandstanders. Olmert spent more time trying to get this kid back, then he spent trying to get back the missing unexploded shells filled with white phosphorus stolen from the U.N> warehouse?

I know it sounds crazy, because people think ariel sharon is the devil himself, who heals from a deadly head wound, and invading lebannon was probably done out of respect for him, but he needs to wake up from his coma and slap some sense into these israelis, who think they're the next sliced bread.

Russia and turkey won't even talk to them anymore, and if they do it's for show.
The shoe thrower has more legitamacy than olmert, blair, gulianni, and bush put together. Which, if you'd add in perez, it sounds like one big gay date with a dead corpse. Life is not fair, once again

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Also, simply pulling out of the territories is a terrible idea, do they expect the Palestinians to be grateful?

If this happens, and that's a big IF, then the Palestinians should bury the hatchet. Learn to live together. They will have their territorial sovereignty. No? A perpetual jihad is only going to prove all the right wing rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

He didnt have much of a choice, the amount of money the USA shells out to the middle east is MIND bending ... and why? because of a biblical tale oh boy!

POTUS: Hey olmert i need a word fellow
Olmert: Sure whats up matey!
POTUS: You know all that money we pump into your county?
Olmert: Yea?
POTUS: Well its gunna stop soon
Olmert: Huh? why?
POTUS: You seen the size of our debt?
Olmert:: err Nope?
POTUS: 57 trillion
Olmert: You kidding~?
POTUS: Nope! so do me a favour sort out the thing with palastine
Olmert: You got it "gasp"
POTUS: Thanks "grin"

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
War crimes arrest likely if Olmert visits U.K.
www.silobreaker.com... -if-olmert-visits-uk-5_2262697318241271832

How can that be the same man?

Sorry about the bad link....edit.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by 517.101]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
My take in this is that this individual should have made this comment before he stepped down as an Israeli Prime Minister.

Uh, he DID. This thread was posted in September 2008.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Olmert is making a mistake in giving ANY concessions to the muslim terrorists occupying the West Bank. Why betray white settlers from Europe and Russia who won this land by their bravery in war against these dark demons.

Israel must not make the same mistakes as apartheid South Africa and go "soft" on the coloured natives. President De Klerk made the error of giving concession after concession to the blacks, releasing convicted terrorists like Mandela, and look what happened.

Israel MUST be for Jews and Jews alone.

CHOSEN PEOPLE + PROMISED LAND = ISRAEL.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

So,don't hold back,what are you trying to say?

Let me remind you that the modern state of Israel was born from terrorism and illegal immigration,and is kept in power by terrorism and illegal settlement today.

Open your eyes child,your hate fosters your own nations downfall.

top topics

join