It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX Did It -- Falcon 1 Made it to Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

SpaceX Did It -- Falcon 1 Made it to Space

blog.wired.com

SpaceX has made history. Its privately developed rocket has made it into space.

After three failed launches, the company founded by Elon Musk worked all of the bugs out of their Falcon 1 launch vehicles.

The entire spectacle was broadcast live from Kwajalein Atoll in the Pacific Ocean. Cameras mounted on the spacecraft showed our planet shrinking in the distance and the empty first stage engine falling back to Earth.

As the rocket ascended, cheers rang out during every crucial step of the launch sequence, and at the final stage their headquarters in Hawthorne, California erupted in excitement. (Wired.com viewed the launch over the Internet on SpaceX's live webcast.)

The tensest moment came just before stage separation. At that critical juncture, the third launch attempt had failed. This time, it worked out perfectly.

Eight minutes after leaving the ground, Falcon 1 reached a speed of 5200 meters per second and passed above the International Space Station.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One Step closer to privitization of Space.

With NASA about to mothball the Shuttle and contracting with the Russians for access to the ISS... its going to get very interesting in space over the next few years.

Mike Griffin just had a private email leaked to the Orlando Sentinel about his 'concerns' about NASA's place..
ATS thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace already flying two of his Genesis modules for the inflatable hotel in space... NASA may b in for hard times

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here is a video of the complete Launch to Orbit...

Falcon 1 - Flight 4 - September 28, 2008

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
this is such great news.
all we need is a few camera shots or video of the "ships" that are out buzzing their space craft, and wham, we have PROOF!

this is going to get interesting.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
One of the best launch footage I've seen in a while.

Not an one line post.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Zorgon,

Great post. I have a MOD request. Please don't close this thread even though I posted mine earlier Here

1. It is in a different category.
2. It is a lot better post with great information!

Just wanted to say...feel free to close mine...Zorgon's information needs to stay active. Really good info.

My request for an ATS satellite to take ufo pics from space I am placing here however. It's time to get really "Above" Top Secret.

Peace

top topics

join