It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Tensions Rise Over Ship Hijacked Off Somalia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

UPDATE: Tensions Rise Over Ship Hijacked Off Somalia

www.nytimes.com

“They can’t catch us like goats,” said a man who said he was a spokesman for the pirates. “We will fight, and everyone here will die with us.”

A band of pirates hijacked the ship on Thursday evening as it was heading to Kenya with a large supply of arms, including 33 T-72 battle tanks, grenade launchers and ammunition, all for the Kenyan military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Russian armaments heading for Somalia..and they want American commandos (Seals) to storm the ship.

Yeah, right. Risk a team for what? And the arms end up where?

If America does anything I should be to turn that ship into a reef for the fishies.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Give them 20 million in fake bills. Take the hostages. Sink the ship along with the pirates.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Give them 20 million in fake bills. Take the hostages. Sink the ship along with the pirates.

I think the hostages, are bad guys that are being held hostage by more bad guys.

I mean come on, they are arms dealers shipping weapons to a genocidal war.

There are no innocents on that ship my friend.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

No innocents? That's mere speculation. Do you know how the situation arose? The family situations of the crew? The crew orders? The crew black box? You make a big assumption without providing any evidence besides an empty opinion based on a faulty and narrow line of judgement, although I do understand the line of judgement that you used.

I'm pretty sure a SEAL team is more than capable of doing the job. Those guys are amazing, swift and stealth.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
reply to post by DisabledVet

No innocents? That's mere speculation. Do you know how the situation arose? The family situations of the crew? The crew orders? The crew black box? You make a big assumption without providing any evidence besides an empty opinion based on a faulty and narrow line of judgement, although I do understand the line of judgement that you used.

I'm pretty sure a SEAL team is more than capable of doing the job. Those guys are amazing, swift and stealth.

Spoken like someone who has no clue about what they are talking about.

I'm ex Navy, and if your knowledgeable enough about Navy spec ops in reading my profile, you'll figure out just how much I do know.

So your telling me the captain of that ship has no clue about his cargo, and further no clue about where he was taking it?

LOL

Black Box? Yeah, and ask yourself why one of our ships has been shadowing it????

The captain and his crew know EXACTLY what they are up to.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
My Grandfather was in the Navy, bombed during pearl harbor, my brother was in the navy, I almost joined to be a Navy SEAL.

They're tailing it for intelligence and security for one, The SEAL team may also be on the ship that is tailing it already, but for the reason that you assume, there is no evidence.

You don't know what the captain's orders may have been, he has a superior that he reported to when he came under attack.

We only have the information that we've been provided with, the rest is just conspiracy and assumption, but how you jumped to those conclusions without considering alternative choices is really illogical to me.

You have a scenario that you wish to be true and you're expressing it strongly. We'll find out what the real deal is/was soon enough when this hi-jacking comes to an end.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

I almost joined to be a Navy SEAL.

You don't know what the captain's orders may have been, he has a superior that he reported to when he came under attack.

Almost huh.... there's a million folks like you and it means: squat.

Yes your right, the captains orders we're to take his cargo of Ferris wheels, foam cowboy hats and pinwheels to the Somalia international childrens festival that has been going on for years.

Unfortunately the pirates of the Caribbean shot cannon balls across his bow and now if he doesn't help them find Davey Jone's locker they will all be killed.

Does that sound closer to what you imagine is going on?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As I said. I simply do not know. I can not make an assertion either way.

Until this comes to an end I will entertain all possible alleys of consideration.

Yes, almost. I decided not to. I fight my own wars, I don't fight wars for others nor that others start. If the president and Army generals want to fight a war then put them on the front lines in the battle field.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
it was UKRAINE who sold the surplus tanks to kenya and nothing to do with russia; yet russia have allready dispatched ships and special forces to assist ukraine in recovering its goods.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm sure the Russian special forces have a coming home party prepared for them in Kenya. Maybe a little Russian Roulette, pin the tail on the pirates, and spill blood like there is no tomorrow. Putin is probably the one leading the charge.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
russia have allready dispatched ships and special forces to assist ukraine in recovering its goods.

Negative.

Russia dispached the ship prior to the incident, not because of it, and not to help Ukraine.

Saying that the ship was dispatched to help Ukraine recover the goods infers that Russia had knowledge of the piracy weeks before it happened.

new topics

top topics

join