It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH SNIP* science verifies long held conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
magnetic field reversal is going to happen........soon. article in sciencedaily
heres the link:

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
For starters, I would like to know how magnetic field reversal is a "conspiracy". What individuals are involved in perpetrating it?

Finally, it happens periodically so it is nothing to get too excited about.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
For starters, I would like to know how magnetic field reversal is a "conspiracy". What individuals are involved in perpetrating it?

Finally, it happens periodically so it is nothing to get too excited about.

I agree, I can't see the conspiracy angle on this at all. Even the evidence given in the article regarding lava flow &c is pretty much what other people have been using as evidence for a long time, the best part of a 100 years.

To be completely honest, I wasn't even aware this was pseudo-science never mind an actual conspiracy. I was actually told about this - along with Atlantic conveyor belt 'doomsday' scenarios - almost 30 years ago by my geography teacher. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've never been under the impression that this ran counter to 'regular' science.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
*Edit: posted a misinterpretation* Reading through the article now...

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Let us not forget that it has been known, at least since the 1960's if I recall corrently, that the polarization of rock in mid-oceanic ridges where new crustal material is continously formed from speading, has an alternating period of something like 50,000 years.

Looks like I may have to brush-up on the specific values but I think the point should be clear enough.

Edit: Indeed I needed to. It is quite irregular. While it has not happen for 780,000 years, there were two within 50,000 years and can be stable to tens of millions of years.

[edit on 9/28/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

in 1,500 years the field will be as weak as it's ever been and we could go into a state of polarity reversal

pfff none of us are gonna be around in 1500 years, who cares anyways... by then they'd already have technology far more superior then magnets... BAH

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does the magnetics in this case have anything to do with protecting us from asteroids and other such smaller things that pelt the earth every day? If this weakens , could these start hitting earth more frequently . Maybe this is how the last doomsday scenario went and why people believe this could happen again.
Just a thought because I could be way off on this.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Our magnetic field is a protective shield. So when the field weakens, I suppose it's protection weakens as well? I'm thinking solar radiation though, and not asteroids

top topics

join