It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something big at CU?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Anyone know anything about this? I can't seem to find any real viable information other than rumors around town. It certainly seems like something is up.

boulder.craigslist.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Pure guess here, lets hope it's free energy.

Tesla's ghost perhaps?

Google Video Link

Peace

Z

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
hmmmmm this has caught my attention!

first things first how big,funded etc are the physics labs there?.

what projects have they been working on?,we may be able to guess what they discovered if we know what theye been working on.

i wonder what type of crying it is,joy or sadness?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
...'breakthrough' in something? From the .o.p. is this:

kept hearing talking in Duane about "something" that was big. I hear the term Nobel prize mentioned several times and then even something along the lines of "...even a Nobel prize will seem an insignificant prize for this."

Two friends of mine reported seeing one of the very esteemed professors in JILA crying. Yes. Crying. Then there was a firing. Apparently, no one knows about this. That's the part that I was talking to the Daily Camera guy about and he hung up on me.

At least a dozen students have reported some highly unusual phenomena in and even around Duane.

The only TA I thought I could trust to give me a straight answer said that there are an insane amount of non-disclosure agreements that have just been signed and that he couldn't talk about it.

And then, the real mystery is that there have been two of the big wig philosophy professors in and around the physics department and all of them seem really agitated or something.

A search for JILA produces:

As one of the nation's leading scientific institutes, JILA supports an eclectic and innovative research program that ranges from the small, cold world of quantum physics through the design of precision optics and atom lasers to the processes that shape the stars and galaxies

JILA's faculty includes three Nobel Laureates. Creative collaborations among researchers play a key role in generating the pioneering research the Institute and its Center for AMO Physics are known for around the world.

jilawww.colorado.edu...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
...one more, click on a JILA link which leads to info. about black holes (The Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA)) and seemingly other items of LHC interest.

'Black Holes & Galaxies'
jilawww.colorado.edu...

'Research Highlights'
jilawww.colorado.edu...

[edit on 27-9-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
While Craigslist Rants and Raves is far from a reputible source and the home of many a hoax, the Boulder/Denver/C Springs area is just weird as all get out... who knows?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by arktkchr
...one more, click on a JILA link which leads to info. about black holes (The Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA)) and seemingly other items of LHC interest.

'Black Holes & Galaxies'
jilawww.colorado.edu...

''Research Highlights'
jilawww.colorado.edu...

[edit on 27-9-2008 by arktkchr]

thanks,

there dont seem to be many clues there.

i had a theory of creating cold fusion by precisly controling the vibrational atomic collisions of a bose einstien condensate.they are working on just tha,without the cold fusion of course
jilawww.colorado.edu...

what interests me is why they would have "big wig philosopher types there",it suggest whatever theyve discovered has profound implications for the world.

what could that be?,the existence of time,or a time machine?

a signal from an E,T?,or an E.T itself?

unlimited free energy?

the fabled twin of earth far off elsewhere?

also the fact that many of the people envolved appear agitated suggest they have reason to be so,maybe its something the powers that be dont want us to know about thus they are in danger?.
or maybe theyve discovered something shocking...

oh and what are the rumours round town?
i wanna get to the bottom of this , im hooked!

[edit on 27-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
THis showed up on the CL board..

One of the T.A.'s discovered workable cold fusion that develops energy that can be easily stored. Then she fried her hard drive before she could do a logical back up, and now they are trying to reproduce the experiments without success.

But it sounds too flip of a description to be believable.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with this:

www.dailycamera.com...

NASA gives CU $485 million for mission to Mars

Research contract is the largest in school’s history

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
THis showed up on the CL board..

One of the T.A.'s discovered workable cold fusion that develops energy that can be easily stored. Then she fried her hard drive before she could do a logical back up, and now they are trying to reproduce the experiments without success.

But it sounds too flip of a description to be believable.

if this is true,what are the odds of the hard drive frying at that critical moment naturaly?
i suspect interference, from those who have interfered with everything we do.
i remember the scientist who claimed cold fusion in the early 1990's died not so long after....so many alternate energy scientist end up dead not long after they discover something great
not to mention all the dead microbiologists......

one aspect of warfare is negating the pace of the enemies technological advancement ,its no coincedence most tech is burried and ends up in the secret bases where the grays are known the control everything.

if they wanna replicate the result i suggest they shield thier experiment from outside sources of electromagnetism ,electronic interference is a common tactic they use everything from human minds to electronic votings systems are routinley manipulated by them.

my hard drive mysteriously fried itself after i found a document descrbing accuratly tech in 1954 developed by lockheed martin that was only publicly patented in 2004.......

getting the picture?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That sounds more like the old student standby:
"The dog ate my homework".

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
HOLEY MOLEY

look who the president of colorado university is
Bruce D. Benson

Bruce D. Benson is the current president of the University of Colorado. Benson, formerly an oil and gas executive, started in the position March 10, 2008. He signed a one-year contract with the University of Colorado and salary is $378,000.[1]

an oil and gas executive!!!!
isnt that a co incidence with the discovery is cold fusion!!?!!?,i bet hes the one behind all these forces non disclosure agreements!!!!

cmon folks lets get behind this, make sure they cant burry it like they always do!.

make sure those who discovered it are given public attention so they cant be topped of like many of alternate energies heroes!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I get nothing from that but I hope its some Alien Technology

and they can prove it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The $10,000 offer

In 1966, Klass made an offer that stood for the remaining thirty-nine
years of his life. By 1974, the offer had changed slightly, to the
following form:

* Klass agrees to pay to the second party the sum of $10,000
within thirty days after any of the following occur:

(A) Any crashed spacecraft, or major piece of a spacecraft is
found to be clearly of extraterrestrial origin by the United States
National Academy of Sciences, or
(B) The National Academy of Sciences announces that it has
examined other evidence which conclusively proves that Earth has been
visited by extraterrestrial spacecraft in the 20th century, or: (C) A
bona fide extraterrestrial visitor, born on a celestial body other
than the Earth, appears live before the General Assembly of the United
Nations or on a national television program.

* The party accepting this offer pays Klass $100 per year, for a
maximum of ten years, each year none of these things occur. Even after
the ten year period, Klass's offer of $10,000 was available until his
death.

Please note.. no money for Tesla man made terrestrial UFOs.
AWW Shucks.
Does he know something.

Like non-existent extraterrestrial UFOs will be hard to find, ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
not being an american i did a search for another uni to see who the president wasf for MIT
en.wikipedia.org...

is the corporate director for
en.wikipedia.org...

general electric, you know the general electric whos a fascist illuminati puppet.

the last president for CU was also a buisiness man and a republican,we may begin seeing a trend here.

dick cheney is also the president of a uni i believe?

and dig this on stanford

n 1999, Stanford President Gerhard Casper appointed Hennessy to succeed Condoleezza Rice as Provost of Stanford University. When Casper stepped down to focus on teaching in 2000, the Stanford Board of Trustees named Hennessy to succeed Casper as president. As Stanford's president, Hennessy earns an annual salary of $566,581. In 1997, he was inducted as a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery, ACM. Hennessy is a member of the executive committee of the Council on Competitiveness. Hennessy joined the board of Google, in exchange for 65,000 shares of the company; at the time of Google's IPO, his shares were worth over $7 million.[citation needed] He is also a board member of Cisco Systems, Inc.[1], Atheros Communications,[2] and the Daniel Pearl Foundation

condaleeza rice?,and current president John L. Hennessy a share owner and board member of high powered wall street corporations!?

hmmmm it looks like theyve infiltrated the universities aswell!

that took me five minutes,i bet theres alot more!

[edit on 27-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The upper level elite.. .always in charge.

Strange and beautiful, the Illuminati way of life,
with your majestic ceremonies.
Your mysterious science I wish to
see closer.

Although the Illuminati world wonders me
with your majestic and superior cackling agents.
Your people I do not understand, so to you
I shall put an end.

And you will never hear Illuminati dis info
again.

Whats happening at CU.. whats not?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
While looking for what this was about I came across the following:

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
heres an update from the message board

This is more that I should be telling you, but have you ever played half-life. Something similar is going on.

and

Here's what happened: I was in my 1140 section, working on lab M5: Hooke's Law and Simple Harmonic Motion, when I accidentally discovered cold fusion. So, I wrote it up in MathCad as my lab instead of the Hooke's Law crap. The TA stole my work, gave me a zero on my lab, and my floppy disk and lab binder have gone missing. Oh, and my lab partner totally isn't doing his fair share.

the cold fusion response just doenst seem real to me,it seems convoluted and made up.
some one who discovered cold fusion would be talking with alot more emotion than this,and obviously would be using more scientificly appropriate language and description.

infact its bu****t
hookes law and simple harmonic motion relate to springs and oscillitory motion,i highly doubt your going to get cold fusion from that.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
CU has more NASA funded research than any other university and they operate a number of space probes and space imaging platforms.

While I would usually blow off news breaking from CL the post does read like a sincere request for info.

Let's hope ATS members in the area may be able to shed some light, the responses on CL regarding cold fusion seem to be in jest.

Duane is the lab complex at CU for Physics and Astrophysics

campus map

[edit on 29-9-2008 by nfotech]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
[edit on 1-10-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NIcon

Scientists at JILA, a joint institute of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)and the University of Colorado at Boulder (CU-Boulder), have applied their expertise in ultracold atoms and lasers to produce the first high-density gas of ultracold molecules—two different atoms bonded together—that are both stable and capable of strong interactions.

The long-sought milestone in physics has potential applications in quantum computing, precision measurement and designer chemistry.

Described in the Sept. 18 issue of Science Express, JILA's creation of ultracold "polar" molecules—featuring a positive electric charge at one end and a negative charge at the other—paves the way for controlled interactions of molecules separated by relatively long distances, offering a richer selection of features than is possible with individual atoms and potentially leading to new states of matter.

'First Dense Gas Of Ultracold 'Polar' Molecules Created'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join