It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if i ran for office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
ok so im 17 but ill be 18 soon, and i had the idea that once i was 18 what is there to stop me from running in a campaign for prime minister or premier. I mean it says any one can do it in the constitution right, so why can't i.

Whenever i tell this to people they say, oh you cant do that you have to be from a political family or something, i say bull

obviously i cant win but i can at least have my name on the ballot, i mean everyone so afraid to get involved

i say why not

any opinions?

btw this is for Canada, Ontario

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would say to go for it.

I gave a speech one time at a wedding. And I got a standing ovation and the cameraman came to me afterwards and told me I should be Prime Minister of Canada. He sounded rather serious.

Anyways, since then I have realized something. If I devote my life to wanting to make a change, I will eventually get there. Since I have become a member of the Green Party, I have been attending gatherings, debates and other events. I have also been asked to run for nomination in my riding. I declined, however, because I am making more money working right now.

But you see, if I did not need money so bad right now, I could be doing this for real. If you care about it enough. Do it. There is nothing stopping you. You are blessed to be in a position to make that change.

Tell us more about your ideals and what party you would run with?

join