It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortage Possible This Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Gas Shortage Possible This Year

money.cnn.com

"The long lines and closed pumps seen across the South this week are a warning: inventories are way too low."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Here we go. It seems to be spreading across the South and getting worse. I don't want to start panic, but this is major if it keeps spreading.
Imagine if you can't drive, go far distance, or make it to work.

Imagine other collapses of society. Its scary.

I live in Cincinnati, I experienced the Hurricane Ike that blew through here. It was devastating. It shut my company down for a week, but my point was most people couldn't risk going out because after that one windy day (that is mildly put), no one could get gas because the electric was out. That led to Gas Shortages in my tri-state for about 3 weeks after that one day. Now I read about Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and even Florida having gas shortages, and there not experiencing a national disaster.

I feel it might be time to get inline for a Pruis, or convert my car to vegetable oil.

And the signs are all there. The prices should of gone down on gas, but they haven't. CNN's website says the price of Oil has gone down, and so has the gas pumps. I don't see a major decrease, just a .10 cents decrease.

So I fear prices will rise. Gas stations will start restricting the amount of gas you can buy, and from there is snowballs.

I pray I am just Chicken Little.

Peace,

WolfPackKeeper

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The problem down here, I am in Charlotte, is that people are idiots. There are more people getting gas now than when there's not a shortage. People are always trying to top their tanks off. They'll go wait in line for 3 hours when their tank gets to 3/4.

People like me, who haven't touched the pumps since the shortage started, are hurt because they have to stay home while the greedy drive around like nothing has happened.

On the news, they showed one guy fill up to 3/4, then go to another gas station and top it off, all because he had to drive to Raleigh. Raleigh is a two hour drive at most, and they HAVE GAS there. It's by the coast so they don't get gas from the pipeline that got hit.

People are just stupid. That's all.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I live in one of the places where they had the so-called "Shortage". I heard about it the night before to get gas before it goes up so I did.
The next day everyone was talking about filling your tank up, then the same the next day. That was what run the stations dry, everyone getting $100 in gas all in one day.
A few towns over, fights where breaking out to get in to fill up, yet where I live, in the adjacent county, it was somewhat normal.
Basicly it was a huge case of price gouging, every single station here had a different price ranging from $3.80 to $5.99 for 87 and in Virginia, one station was charging people over $9.00 per gallon....NINE dollars per gallon.
I think its a scare tactic to get people to spend more money to be honest.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Atlanta area is bone dry. Was working about 35 miles south of atlanta this week. There was no gas to be found anywhere. I noticed a disturbingly large number of cars on the side of the road that most likely ran out of gas. On exit 47 I-85 there wasn't a single station with gas.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
water seems to be a resource quickly being depleted and i am convinced is is thru weather engineering. Weather Engineering in China happened during olympics www.technologyreview.com...

now the south contends with a gas shortage. it is my understanding our fuel is piped from tx. is tx that far away? it is also said that the refineries need electricity to run. i think this is BS.

no gas, no water, lots of angry people and lots of coffins from covington to madison after we shoot one another for fuel to run our bodies and our cars.

just wanted to add that we do have the military backup in south georgia to take out the whole of georgia if we get out of hand.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by musselwhite]

join