It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Years After the Start of the So-Called "War on Terror," Terror Attacks Are Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Seven Years After the Start of the So-Called "War on Terror," Terror Attacks Are Up

www.alternet. org

It is seven years since that terrible day of September 11, 2001 when terrorists killed 3,000 Americans, triggering a massive global response by the United States. As President Bush's term comes to an end, it is time to assess the prudence of his policies.

According to the State Department and the National Counterterrorism Center, in 2001 there were 531 total terrorist attacks resulting in 3,295 deaths. Three years later in 2004, the number jumped 651 incidents or terrorism, killing 1,907 people. Last year, in 2007, the number of terrorist attacks more than doubled to 14,499 incidents and 22,666 deaths.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This in my mind was bound to happen. When we first went in to Iraq there was little to no Al-Qaeda or Foreign freedom fighters there. In 2003 the terrorist of the world seen an opprotunity to deal the US a blow in Iraq and pull off another Afganistan like they did to Russia.

It took roughly 5 years for them to realize that this was not going to happen. Now they are spreading out quickly, like cockroaches when the light is turned on. Proof of that is simple, the embassy and Marriott bombings.

I think we are entering a dangerous time. In most organized and disciplined systems, if you cut of the head the body will fall. Al-Qaeda has never been an organized and disciplined organization. When we cut its head off it dont die, it explodes into chaos.

I do believe we will be attacked again and I would not be surprised if it was sooner rather then later. My concern with the potential upcoming attack is I think the Government is looking in the wrong direction. They are looking for the mass attack by a few, using a nuclear or biological attack. I don't think that is what is going to happen, I think it will be an attack by many to instill fear. These attacks will be relatively small locally but the fear would be massive.

An example of what I am thinking. 200-300 terrorist enter the US illegally and blend into the population. On a day predetermined months or even perhaps years in advance they assemble small but lethal suicide bombs. Without notice they start to attack "soft targets". They will also stagger the attacks over several hours.

Can you imagine the fears in the US when people turn on the news to see 100's of bombs have gone off and continue to go off in schools, supermarkets, and malls. Would you hop in your car to go buy eggs and milk? If you are parent could you get to your childs school fast enough?

This is the attack I most fear and the attack that would cripple us. But hey that's just the thoughts of one rambling man.

What's yours?

www.alternet. org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-9-2008 by jwstarry]

[edit on 27-9-2008 by jwstarry]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Good post. I had no idea the attacks had jumped up so high.

I also believe there will be another attack on the US soon. I have actually been stocking up on food and supplies since the Financial melt-down.

I do hope it won't be bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think there's probably a couple of typos in the source article, since 14,499 incidents is not, as the article states, "more than double" 651. Probably it's supposed to say 1,449 or 1,499 attacks in 2007 killing 2,266 or 2,666 victims.

Still, it's a terrible statistic, and I can't say I'm surprised either.

It reminds me of a poll they took here in NYC, several months after the "War on Terror" began. They found that fear of terrorism among New Yorkers was in fact higher several months into the so-called War on Terror, than it was directly following the events of 9/11/01.

Good post.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is pretty basic psychology. Why dont you try and declare a war on your neighbor and see how the conflict only gets worse and worse instead of better.

Its according to plan. They dont want a calm world, they want a scary world. Look at how much it has allowed them to change the US in the last 8 years. Look at the media now being completely ridiculous in the US. Look at the president being a total tool.

Its not random events ffs, this was all planned.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The war on terror reminds me of the war on drugs, as soon as we declared war on it we started losing. Instead of calling it the war on terror how about we call it a spat with terror.

Yet more proof that the war on terror is a sham conceived to label hidden agendas.

new topics

top topics

join