It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemotherapy: Blessing or Curse?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

My desire was so strong to beat this. My husband says it's of God. Other's I know say it's the alternative treatments, and some have told me it was all in my mind, a mind over matter situation.

A star to you! I'm delighted at your success, and further, I thank you for passing it along. I have been asking for examples of alternative/complementary techniques actually working. I have incorporated parts of your regimen into my own...actually using cimplementary therapies to ameliorate some of the more harmful effects of the standard treatments. That is the way I'd go again...be educated, get multiple opinions, and use a full spectrum of treatment. I saw an oncologist...but also saw a naturopath.

Best advice? Early detection!!

[edit on 28-9-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

A few things must be said.

1. Medical science is far from perfect. Even the best drugs have side effects and are not always 100% effective.

2. Doctors are not perfect. Doctors make mistakes in judgment and often misdiagnose things. You probably make mistakes or bad decisions at your job, and so do doctors.

Just because chemotherapy does not work for everyone in every situation, and just because doctors sometimes improperly administer it, it does not mean chemotherapy is always bad. Many people benefit from chemotherapy and are ultimately better off because of it.

I agree. What works for one person may not for another. I think instincts kick in and we go for whatever we feel may work best. I have used plenty of western medicine, and have had great success.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks Johnny! I'm very happy you passed your six month exam

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Your story is amazing, sadly though not everyone can get by without medical intervention.
Those doctors are only human, and for some - who have lost many patients to a disease - they sometime go for the most radical solution in the hope that the patient will lose her breast but keep her life. I am not saying that is the correct way - I am only saying that doctors and nurses a like see a lot of suffering on a daily basis and sometimes in trying to prevent others from suffering they go overboard in their recommended therapy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hello all, I wanted to reopen this thread after reading through Lebowski achiever's thread about cancer. www.abovetopsecret.com...
This post sparked my curiosity:

Originally posted by Northwarden

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

What a disgusting thing to do, taking advantage of someone with a serious disease to push a ridiculous, unfounded snake oil.

Chemotherapy and early detection have caused significant increases in survival among all cancers.

From the Douglass report :

Q: Are there any alternatives to chemotherapy?

I’ve heard you say in the past that you’d never get chemotherapy. It can’t be all that bad, or else the doctors wouldn’t use it, right?

A: I’d never get chemo – and I wouldn’t allow anyone I love to get it, either.

To understand the utter hypocrisy of chemotherapy, consider the following:

The McGill Cancer Center in Canada, one of the largest and most prestigious cancer treatment centers in the world, did a study of oncologists to determine how they would respond to a diagnosis of cancer. On the confidential questionnaire, 58 out of 79 doctors said that all chemotherapy programs were unacceptable to them and their family members. The overriding reason for this decision was that the drugs are ineffective and have an unacceptable degree of toxicity. These are the same doctors who will tell you that their chemotherapy treatments will shrink your tumor and prolong your life!

Thirty years ago, I worked with a radiologist who told me this: “If I get cancer, I’m going to Mexico.” So I wouldn’t call my doctor; I’d call my travel agent.

There are alternative treatments available, but you will have to run the gamut of outraged chemotherapists, radiologists, and surgeons to find one. They will use cajolery, insults, fear, threats (“If you do this, I am off the case”), and misrepresentation to dissuade you.

Doctors affiliated with The American College for Advancement in Medicine may be able to provide a promising therapy called photoluminescence, which involves withdrawing a small portion (a glassful) of blood from the patient’s vein, exposing it to ultraviolet light and then injecting it back into the patient’s body.

Read Questioning Chemotherapy, by Ralph Moss, Equinox Press. (I’ve seen it on Amazon.com for less than 15 bucks). This book is a must for all concerned about this medical scandal-a chamber of horrors that doctors don’t want to talk about.

douglassreport.com...

There's quite a bit more about conventional cancer treatments in this search.

I'm not insensitive to your plight either. I simply don't like the thought of shills popping up and letting us know how miraculous chemo is, where others in similar situations might be taking their policies to heart.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you guys think about this Douglas guy? I am curious of other members experience with chemotherapy as well. My stepmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and they were able to rid her of it, but want to continue 6 months of chemo followed up by radiation treatments. So I am just seeking some perspective to weigh it all out in my mind. Thanks...

peace,
spec

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join