It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemotherapy: Blessing or Curse?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
On average this test will have approx one hundred thousand specimens from all over the world and it will increase or decrease depending on the severity of the side effects and cure that the drug will cure and its rate of use depending on the effected population.

To achieve the drug being put on the market it must have an effectiveness of a minimum 99%.

I don't know what type of drugs your company manufactures, or what type of procedures they have in place, but 100,000 people in the trial with at least a 99% effectiveness rate?

That sounds quite unbelievable for most drugs. And if they usually tested drugs on 100,000 people one would think drugs like Vioxx would not get approval.

Here is an article I found on a gov site...

www.fda.gov...

Inside Clinical Trials Testing Medical Products in People

In Phase 3 trials, the drug is studied in a larger number of people with the disease (approximately 1,000-3,000). This phase further tests the product's effectiveness, monitors side effects, and, in some cases, compares the product's effects to a standard treatment, if one is already available. As more and more participants are tested over longer periods of time, the less common side effects are more likely to be revealed.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
my mother developed breast cancer 2 years ago and had surgery; she (and us family) agreed that she was too frail and delicate for chemo.

she and all of us decided against chemo, and she opted for a therapy called "natural cellular defense". she has been free of cancer since. (crossing fingers this extend far into the future)

[edit on 9/27/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

I have just finished 6 months of Chemo, still doing radiation...it has saved my life.
CROSS CANCER INSTITUTE EDMONTON ALBERTA CANADA

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OK firstly.

Some people are saying they use chemo because it earns the doctors tons of money. Well here in the good old UK, the doctors don't get paid more if they get you into chemo and yet they still recommend it. It is sadly the only real option we have at this point in time for treating some cancers. The science behind it is sound.

The thing is that if you ask a doctor (and i have), they'll be honest with you. They'll tell you that basically it's a poison (they won't use that exact word) and that cancer cells die slightly before your healthy cells. That's why it completely does people in. However if it's a choice between death and chemo i think i know which i'd take, and i know which option my mother took. She survived it and is damn grateful.

I'm seriously getting annoyed with how people demonise doctors, they try their hardest, do their best and save peoples lives and yet people just tear them down. Yet when you break your leg you're right at the hospital asking for their help.

Sickening.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I was working on aids cures in my dept and I have also worked on cancer studies as I voluneered because I have a large number of family members who have been victims of this disease as does my partner.

I said this is not available for public consumption so if you choose not to believe it then simply do not but it is the real reason a cancer cure will not be found on shelves for decades.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I couldnt agree with you more here, doctors do a damn good job and have many laws to abide by but still they pull it off in a seemingly effortless way on a day to day basis and all it takes is one slip and they are stricken of the registrar.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Watch this video -- www.brasschecktv.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The cure for cancer does exist, but thanks to collusion between the Medical & Insurance industrial complex and Big Tobacco, the cure will never be openly discussed. If you keep "treating" the symptoms of a disease instead of the underlying cause, you can make money off the patient until he dies. If you cure him, you can only make money off of him once. It's all a huge scam. I worked in the medical field for over twenty years and short of being able to surgically correct something, most doctors aren't any better than witch doctors.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My mother had breast cancer, losing one of her breasts. She was taking chemo, and it was keeping her alive. My stepfather took her and ran north towards Canada (we were in Colorado, at the time), to avoid a court hearing (I was not with them). She died because she could not get treatment. So no.... I don't necessarily agree with this theory. It's dangerous advice to suggest to people that taking chemotherapy is "not good for you." And that it would be safer to do without. That is NOT always the case.

I'm certain in another 100 years, we'll have treatments that make chemo seem ridiculous. The Star Trek movie where Bones gave a pill to someone to cure a serious illness here on modern day earth always made me chuckle. I'm sure future cures will make everything we do now seem barbaric and dangerous.

But chemo has manys success stories. Had my mother not been kept from getting treatment, perhaps she would still be here with me today.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A few things must be said.

1. Medical science is far from perfect. Even the best drugs have side effects and are not always 100% effective.

2. Doctors are not perfect. Doctors make mistakes in judgment and often misdiagnose things. You probably make mistakes or bad decisions at your job, and so do doctors.

Just because chemotherapy does not work for everyone in every situation, and just because doctors sometimes improperly administer it, it does not mean chemotherapy is always bad. Many people benefit from chemotherapy and are ultimately better off because of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The cure for cancer does exist, but thanks to collusion between the Medical & Insurance industrial complex and Big Tobacco, the cure will never be openly discussed. If you keep "treating" the symptoms of a disease instead of the underlying cause, you can make money off the patient until he dies. If you cure him, you can only make money off of him once. It's all a huge scam. I worked in the medical field for over twenty years and short of being able to surgically correct something, most doctors aren't any better than witch doctors.

I just passed my 6 month exam after radiation treatment for prostate cancer. The cure rate for brachytherapy as performed by my guy is 95%.

Therefore I call Bravo Sierra to what you're saying. Further, I take offence, and by the looks of it I'm not the only cancer survivor on this thread to do so. The credo to this site is deny ingnorance, and by gum, I'm doing just that.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm so glad to see this post. Fifteen years ago, my mother has metastatic cancer after Stage IV breast cancer. When chemotherapy was advised, I went to a university hosptial library and researched her particular cancer and discovered that, despite her doctors comments, her condition was terminal, particularly for someone her age of eighty-one. I never told her.
Week after week we delayed starting the chemical treatment and even went to her primary care physican who told her "Oh, give it a try." Again, she looked to me for advise and I just lightly commented that I felt comfortable delaying "chemo" until after the holiday season. Her cancers continue to grow and spread - colon, liver, lung, brain and bone.
She was getting weaker and her appetite was reduced, but she enjoyed a full Thanksgiving and then Christmas celebration and meals (her favorite holiday). On Dec. 27th she went to the hospital via ambulance and after two weeks of misery, no pain medication, and a one week $16,000 worth of chemotherapy as a final medical step/evaluation, the medical people released her care to me and I had her transferred to Hospice care. She died in mid-January in peace.
She showed no ravages of cancer, still had all her hair, and didn't even have any jaundice. Her eyesight may have been impacted a bit.
She even walked to her bed the day she died though she had stopped eating. She was lucid and looking forward to her "future". I have no regrets over my decision to not allow her to be poisoned on top of having cancer. That said, everyone has to find their own comfort level - I found mine for my mother and my best friend.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My father was a chemo patient and it cured him of colon cancer which had spread to part of his lung & liver.... So, Chemo saved his life... The medical profession is constantly seeking new methods of curing people and new treatments. My father was lucky enough to be part of a new type of chemo therapy treatment which produced very little side-effects, and ended up saving his life....

I guess it just works for some, and not for others...

It'd be great if someone would do some definitive & peer reviewed studies of all these alternative cures for cancer. There are so many to list, but it seems none are taking seriously.... Are there any documentaries out there that follow alternative cures to cancer that have actually worked & are provable?

I imagine it's just like chemo... alternative cures may work for some, and not for others.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
In 1998 I was diagnosed with cancer in a Lip node. I went City Of Hope where they wanted me to take Chemo and radiation. I literally told them to go to hell and to surgically remove the limp node, the limp nodes around it and one tonsil, while I went on a High PH Diet and Cesium. My brother got the SAME CANCER 2 YEARS LATER and while I fought with my brother and his wife about trusting the Doctors, he trusted them and under went Chemo and their other treatments. They murdered my brother slowly. First his kidney failed, then he had to have heart surgery because the Chemo so destroyed his body. He was murdered horribly and there was nothing I could do.

Believe what you want. I am still here alive and healthy and will never trust any Doctor.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The theory behind chemo is the radiation 'treatment' kills both normal and cancerous cells and in doing so cures the cancer. It is expensive and has a dismal 'cure' rate.

The theory behind alternative natural treatments such as cesium and laetrile is they are selective, targeting only the cancer cells, and as they are natural cannot be patented. Such treatments are comparatively cheap and have a high 'cure' rate.

Not surprisingly the FDA and mainstream medical profession is against the second method of treatment. I wonder why..

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
yea this is really interesting...

i was just thinking 2 days ago about how chemotherapy seems like it's horrible for the human body. like, what does it really do to us? when you know the true ugly side of the medical industry, then you'll probably come to the same conclusion, that chemo just might be horrible for us afterall...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
in some cases chemo can only help you pro-long your life but not heal you, than it is up to the patient to decide what is more important for him, to go down fighting or to life is last months to the full limit

as a former nurse, on the European main land, I know our doctors would always inform the patient of the changes, chemo is really hard, both physically and mentally on the patient itself an on the dear ones supporting their loved one. Doctors and nurses will always try their best to minimize the suffering as much as possible.

The patient's mind also plays an important role in the success of any treatment and therefore it is always the patient’s voice with should be listened to.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I found a knot in my breast in January 2008. In a panic, I went to the doctor's office without calling for an appointment. That afternoon, I went through a biopsy in the office and a mammogram. I was told that it was malignant and needed immediate surgery and radiation. After they discovered I had a small mass in my lymph node beneath my arm adjacent to the mass, they wanted to perform radical mastectomy including removal of lymph nodes beneath the one arm, and even though the lymph node beneath my other arm was fine, they insisted I remove it, just in case. After a 2nd opinion and a 3rd, I found out that these doctors actually worked together at the same hospital and were all friends.

I took my tests out of town, to another city to another doctor. Someone who did not know any doctor in my small town. I was told a radical mastectomy was very unecessary, including the removal of the clean and healthy lymph node.

I went home and immediately started researching on my own. I cannot convey the terror I felt inside. I have stood by and watched two family members succumb to chemo. I truly believed in my heart that had they not received chemo, if we had tried another route, maybe they would have lived longer or didn't die the painful, long agonizing death they did.

I decided to own my disease, and take control of my own body. I felt so out of control and helpless, but once I made the decision I spent hour upon hour researching every method possible.

I immediately began a course of powdered ascorbic acid 1000mg every 3 hours throughout the day. I began eating dark leafy greens. No fast food. No aspartame, no junk or sugar laden foods.

After this I began a protocol using the Budwig Diet. I used this every single day and began drinking Pau "d Arco tea and green tea 3 times daily.

I went back to the doctor and reported that I wanted to handle things my own way. He thought I was insane and treated me as if I were ignorant.

After 3 months of my treatment I began to notice that the mass I felt was much smaller. I continued with my treatment, and added in ozone and colloidal silver. I drank ozonated water, and put it in a vaporizer in the bedroom.

I went back to the doctor when the mass became barely palpable to me. I went for another mammogram and he could not believe that this tumor had not become smaller, it was not spreading, and the lymph node was healthy and clean.

I went home and kept up these treatments and I'm happy to say that I'm cancer free.

My desire was so strong to beat this. My husband says it's of God. Other's I know say it's the alternative treatments, and some have told me it was all in my mind, a mind over matter situation.

I hope my story helps someone out there. I'm definitely not associated with medical or alternative medicine proffession, I just did this on my own with research and treatments, and alot of faith.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I forgot to add another treatment, in case it helps anyone else out there. I did foot soaks in H20 once a day. I put a capful per gallon of water and drank out it this way. And sometimes I would do full body tub soaks with h20.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join