It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people respond to you in a somewhat funny way sometimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Like even if you aren't trying to deceive people sometimes people will still react in a really strange way to you. I've noticed sometimes when I've talked to other people they'll say something that doesn't exactly make sense or that they're saying just because they're riled up. Like for instance... if you talk to them about something complicated they act like they say something really important one moment and the next they forget what they said.

I don't know why this is or why people do it.

It just seems like people don't react in a human way sometimes.

Have you seen this too?

I find it strange.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Can you be more specific about the situations you are talking about? It's difficult to speculate with the terms that you gave.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Reading between the lines a little here, because you haven't provided too many examples of what you mean, but --- in my opinion, the behaviour you appear to be describing is all too human. We have such overpowering egos. And territoriality. And the need not to appear 'less smart'. Competitiveness. Cruelty. etc.

We're not very nice a lot of the time.

And even a casual study of humans reveals we're not all that much different to household pets -- or, at times, wild animals. Except pets leave us in the shade when it comes to loyalty, generosity of spirit, bravery, selflessness, etc. most of the time.

There's a lot to be admired in humanity. And a lot that makes you sick and tired. To be kind about it --- humanity on earth could be compared to a gigantic pre-school or sand-pit. The greed, the grabbing, the screaming and tantrums, the bullying, the pettiness, the fighting and biting ....

Some people are clearly far less evolved than others. Or, put another way, they must have inherited primitive genes. If we regard altruism, kindness, compassion, generosity, self-sacrifice etc. as being more evolved and/or more spiritually elevated, then we're forced to regard those who lack such qualities as more primitive and less spiritually elevated.

A spiritually elevated, more evolved individual would respond to you in genuine manner. They would mean what they say, would mean well when they said or did it .. and therefore would not 'forget' what they'd said a moment later. Nor would they respond with inappropriate 'riled up-ness' or attempt to sound 'superior' or 'important'.

So you're right actually, when you say they don't react in a 'human' way. What they're doing is reacting in a manner which betrays their primitive, animalistic ancestry: ego, greed, competitiveness, need to 'conquer' others even in casual conversation -- and emotionally immature so that they feel a need to impose their own bad mood of the moment onto innocent others (whom they regard, always, as being 'less important', less valid than themselves).

I try to avoid them. It's a disappointment, learning there are people around (quite a lot !) who are just itching to capitalise on others misfortune, who spend their lives looking for 'suckers' to fleece, weak ones to beat, bully and rob .. and who lie for the sake of it because it feels good.

But there are elevated, spiritually-evolved people around too (nowhere near as many) and when you find the genuine article .. it's like finding gold. You remember those people all your life and thank God for putting them in your life, albeit briefly most often.

It all made sense to me when I read a one-liner by Stuart Wilde years ago: ' Not everything walking around on two legs is human'. He's right.
Sadly.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I know it isn't always appropriate to post a simple agreement, but in this case I can't think of anything that would be appropriate to add. I am moved to a loss of words.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

My last post doesn't really convey what I meant very well. What I meant is that between this post and your post in the drowning thread I am moved by your strength of spirit to acknowledge it. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nobody can admit easily to being wrong or without knowledge, especially those with a large ego to feed.

When an individual is discussing something with you, if you're getting complicated in any way, the other person may say something quite sensible one moment and then change tact. I think this is called "lost them".

They probably put so much effort into hearing, thinking and responding that they are all out of "stuff" and are unprepared to enter what they may see as the next intellectual "round".

A defensive/offensive tact is their only option......wierd!

Don't worry, humour usually wins the day. If not, there's always good old fashioned explanation.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Frank...interesting observation...this happens to me regularly too, and I just put it down to being a little unusual...people don't always know how to take me, and I think I scare them. I scare babies for sure...althought not ever intentionally!

Dock6 has hit the nail on the head I think. I'm in exactly this situation at work just now with a woman who behaves like a 5 year old...tantrums, hissy fits, tears...the works. All I can do is detatch from it and stay really grounded and calm. the defensiveness she demonstrates is massive, and comes from very little confidence in herself I think. This seems to be a common problem. It's hard to deal with without sounding superior or falling into the competitive trap.

Btw, I love the Stuart Wilde quote...thank you for that!

Cait

new topics

top topics

join