It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Your Favourite Movies That Involve Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I love the Frat Pack (made up of Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, and Steve Carell) and also Seth Rogen, I think they're all such funny guys! Especially Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Jack Black. I seriously love those guys! They make such funny movies.

So I was wondering, does anyone else find any of their movies amusing? And which ones? Why? What's your favourite scene or part/s?
It can be any movie that they've done that has at least one of these actors in it

**Oh and be warned there might be some spoilers below for people who haven't watched these movies

My favourite movies would have to be:

* Zoolander - Omg one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! I love this movie because of Ben Stiller and his character Derek Zoolander. I love the "poses" too! The funniest scene would be a toss up between when Zoolander saved the Prime Minister of Malaysia with his Magnum "pose" (lol) and when Zoolander and his friends are at the petrol (gas) station! LOL so funny!!

* Shanghai Noon - Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan together = genius! It was so funny! I love this movie because Jackie Chan's Character Chon Wang and Owen Wilson's character Roy O'bannon, go so well together! Their contrasting personalities are great! My favourite scene when they're in jail and Roy gets Chon to open up and then they try to escape. And how they try to escape is so funny! Lol, one of my favourite movies ever

* Starsky & Hutch - Haha, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson always work well together. I was actually watching this last night lol. I think this movie is great because, well, like I said, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson work well together. I love what they've done with the characters, lol they are just so funny together! My favourite bit is when they're talking to Big Earl, OMG that is so funny but boy does Will Ferrell's character creep me out!

* Envy - Apparently this movie wasn't well received, but I really like and I think it's really funny! I like how the movie goes, and it's also got a good message to it too. My favourite part is when they show the commercial for "Vapoorize" and for Pocket Flan, lol those bits were funny!

* Nacho Libre - Oh wow, Jack Black was awesome in this! I loved his character Ignacio (he was so nice) and Héctor Jiménez's character Esqueleto. They were so funny together. I loved how this movie was so funny, but it was also sweet as well, it just has a real niceness to it. My favourite parts are when they're fighting in the wrestling ring, lol some really funny things happen. I loved the bit when Ignacio finally has enough money to give the orphans better food, and how he makes the food look really nice lol.

* Superbad - Lol this movie was funny, but really gross too imo. I liked this movie because it's just so funny and the main characters are great and hilarious. Seth Rogen character Officer Michaels and Bill Hader's character Officer Slater and what they get up to are hilarious! Lol they are so funny. And the three main guys who are all friends, are pretty cool
. I LOVE the part when Officer Michaels and Officer Slater are giving Fogell a ride in their police car and all the things they get up to and show Fogell. I really like Michael Cera too, his character was, and I loved him in Juno!

* Shallow Hal - I LOVE this movie! It has such a great message, and at times, it's really sad and, well I don't know about anyone else, but it's made me cry that's for sure. Like the part when Hal goes to the hospital a second time to look for Rosemary, and he talks to the kids again, that part made me cry. My favourite part, most definitely, is the ending though! I love it!

Oh and I can not wait to see Tropic Thunder! Lol I saw the trailer for it, and it looks hilarious!

Also, sorry for the long list, I just love these movies and the comedians behind them

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
While i don't have a favorite movie for any of these actors, I absolutely will not watch any movie that has Will Ferrel in it, I don't understand how people can find him tolerable much less funny. He ranks right up there with Jerry Seinfeld in my book and after all these years i've seen one episode of his television program.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would have to go with Zoolander, Anchor Man and Made.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I agree on Zoolander..

Zoolander quotes - very funny compilation..

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Zoolander is EASILY my favourite comedy EVER. No matter how many times i see it, it is STILL hilarious.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think Will Ferrell is alright, but he's not that funny to me. Ben Stiller is way funnier lol hehe

Zoolander is awesome for sure! I agree SilentShadow, no matter how many times you see it, it's still funny! I love how Ben Stiller acts, it's like, I don't know, it's hard to explain. Anyone who is a fan of Ben Stiller will know what I mean though. He's just awesome

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They’re all hysterical. I hope these guys all stay relative and keep making movies, as there really is no age limit in comedy. Bill Murray still has it, I hope these guys are around just as long. Who could pick a favorite scene, there’s so many.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I also enjoyed Envy!
Zoolander is also one of my all time fav's. The combo of Ben and Owen is gold in my opinion. I love them both.

Both Ben and Owen in Meet The Fockers was pure comedy. Owen's parts, altho small, always has me in stitches. I did enjoy the first but thought the sequel was better.

Dodgeball is another fav with Ben in it as well as Duplex and Along Came Polly.
I can watch any of these movies over and over and laugh and laugh n and not get sick of them

I love pretty much anything Owen Wilson does though, he is one of my top fav actors.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bongwater comes to mind for me. The part when they are in the woods and Jack Black sings that song, using psychadelics, is hilarious.

I thought School of Rock was pretty good too.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I like pretty much all their movies.
I didn't like Talladaga(sp?) nights the first time I watched it, because all the scenes are so long the movie seems to drag but I enjoyed it more on a 2nd viewing, It passed alot quiker.
But that is the only thing so I do like all the movies.

AegisFang: I've never known anybody not to like Will Ferral but admitedly I was unsure of Anchorman the first time I saw it, I think it was the first Will Ferral movie I saw (as a main character) and I really had to adjust to it, but I found it really funny afterwards.

He is a crazy actor and I can understand how he may not be liked by someone.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oops haven't been on here for awhile, I should have replied on here sooner. Btw, has anyone else seen Tropic Thunder? I didn't even know it had been released already in Australia until I looked on imdb, so now I just have to get the DVD. For anyone who's watched it, is it funny at all? Cos I've seen the trailer and that was pretty funny, but maybe the movie isn't? I don't know, anyway..

---

reply to post by ImJaded

So I'm not the only one who thought Envy was funny! Having Ben and Owen together is definitely gold for sure! And I forgot about Dodgeball, that was pretty funny too!

new topics

top topics

join