It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there no believable photage of the back of the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes why? My guess is they have either never seen it or there is some ageold structures there that would blow our mind. Is the moon eggshaped or even a flat whitescreen for the gods, if not then why doesn't it spin? The same face of the moon has been recorded in art from the stoneage and forth. What does the back of the moon look like? And another thing -- why can't any of the astronauts remember anything from their moonwalks?

Edited title...

[edit on 25/9/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Yes why? My guess is they have either never seen it or there is some ageold structures there that would blow our mind. Is the moon eggshaped or even a flat whitescreen for the gods, if not then why doesn't it spin? The same face of the moon has been recorded in art from the stoneage and forth. What does the back of the moon look like? And another thing -- why can't any of the astronauts remember anything from their moonwalks?

There are many photos:
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

The moon is round.

It does rotate, one rotation per month.

The far side of the moon looks a lot like the near side.

Do you have a reference about the astronauts having amnesia?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Somehow this picture looks a bit suspicious... Not much there compared to the front side...

And this:

Somehow I have great difficulties joining in that the craters along the edge would even make any distortion to the circle, but it is clear that the edge of the satelite is rugged in this picture, meaning we are talking about crater edges measuring tens of kilometers high. If you scaled down the earth to the size of a marble the earth would be much smoother than the marble. You wouldn't even feel the himalaias.

[edit on 25/9/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You need to do some homework. Go to google and type in "far side of the moon"...lots and lots...

One example: Far Side of the moon

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Do you have a reference about the astronauts having amnesia?

Ive come accross it several places, last time I heared it was on coast to coast about dr Edgar Mitchell's alien disclosure. It's supposed to be a little talked about but well known fact. Some of the moonwalkers have reported only remembering strong flashes theorised to be cosmic radiation.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
WELL, EXCUSE ME !

My Multi-Trillion dollar mansion is on that side,
and I don't want all you people snooping in all my windows...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Not so, I'm afraid. It revolves around the earth, but it doesn't rotate or spin around it's own axis. Since the earliest recoded art showing the face of the moon, the same picture is shown. All we see is the same side of the moon year in and year out. Why? I've never come accross a good explanation for this.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Not so, I'm afraid. It revolves around the earth, but it doesn't rotate or spin around it's own axis. Since the earliest recoded art showing the face of the moon, the same picture is shown. All we see is the same side of the moon year in and year out. Why? I've never come accross a good explanation for this.

Well there is only one explanation. If you don't think it's good enough there's not much I can do about it. If it did not rotate we would see all of its surface at some point in time. Maybe this will help (but I kind of doubt it):

Or this. You may have to download the video to view it.
Why do we only see one side

Here's another one:

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Because that's where the ETs have their bases. If we had good pictures of the back of the moon (un-airbrushed), then we would all know that we live in a big zoo, and that we are the monkeys they've been experimenting on.

Come on, this is like the inner workings of the Illuminati, skull-and-bones, and Area 51. They won't tell us. We'd have to invade Area 51, dismantle the Illuminati, torture the members of skull-and-bones, and send a civilian spaceship to the far-side, if we wanted any of these answers.

The best evidence of the conspiracy, is that it's a secret. I've been trying to find high-detail untouched photographs of the dark-side of the moon for many years, now. I can get better pictures of Pluto or Io, than the moon.

Remember, JFK warned us about secret societies, and the Illuminati killed him for it.

BTW, why does "Illuminati" not show a spell-checker error, if it didn't exist?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

You're wrong. The moon orbit, and moon rotational period are the same. The moon IS rotating around its axis, but it's at the same speed it goes around the earth, so all we see is the same side.

The moons' rotational period is 27.32 days. The moons' orbit is 27.32 days.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Look up tidal locking.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So if I take a ball and tie it to a string and then start spinning around my y-axis like a hammer thrower, the ball is rotating around it's axis? I don't think so. The moon doesn't spin around it's axis it is stationary.

And another thing. Why are there a lot more craters on the front of the moon, compared to it's far side. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

And Phage. Is it just a coincidence that the moon is egg shaped in your pic?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So if I take a ball and tie it to a string and then start spinning around my y-axis like a hammer thrower, the ball is rotating around it's axis?

Yes, it is. The problem stems from a self-centric point of view. In other words, your perspective needs to change before you'll see the elementary truth in the kinesthetic properties of Earth and its moon.

The moon's farside appears to be more uniform only because it's been blasted so much, individual craters are subsumed into the jumble. Much like cities in Europe during WWII....one or two bomb craters in the middle of town appeared quite dramatic and "un-fractal".....Bomb the entire city and eventually it will start looking rather uniform.

I'm glad to see you've finally been rescued from that remote island...without access to any books, media, information, etc....and can now begin learning the wonders of our planet and solar system.

Of course, regrettably, you're asking questions....getting good answers...then immediately denying the answers, despite their uniformity. So what's the point of asking the question?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why is there no believable photage of the back of the moon?

Thats because all the footage of the "darkside" of the moon has been cleverly hidden in an abandon McD's and is currently being "re-mastered" or developed....

It can be read here... "the thread".
Its an interesting read none the less!~

Alter'D to fix my Ego.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Somehow this picture looks a bit suspicious... Not much there compared to the front side...

More strange than "not much there" is the fact that there are striations that run north/south about every 1/32 of an inch in that picture.

It was the first thing that I noticed. Almost like papermache (sp?) over a wire frame model.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
there are striations that run north/south about every 1/32 of an inch in that picture.

That's because the entire image is composed of individual "strips" of images. It is a composite.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"Why are there no photos of the back side of the moon?"(paraphrase)

Some years back out of boredom, frustration, and S and G's, I bought the "psitech free distance reading 3 card test package". Just curiously. And followed the instructions-which made no sense to me. And drew what I drew while looking at the number on the envelope.

The experience: I walked through a door way and found myself in a HUGE brightly lit clean warehouse devoid of sound but for the humming of rows and rows and rows of 5 foot high mainframes computer like things. (I don't work in networking but it looked like that type of stuff).
The sense of the place was so devoid of what I consider as my common understanding of the condensed flow of life. The indoor atmosphere cool-I thought maybe ONE person was around out of sight. And I pondered, 'What an interesting job". I decided it was the moon. Even though I didn't see any moon.

So, I opened the card and it was the moon.

Later and currently while pondering I was thinking, well, what IS on the moon? (not that I really care, because I am never going to see it). But my head thinks the things it thinks whether I have an interest or not.

For whatever reason it's my belief that one of the things there is the back up for the INTERNET or RECORDS.

Because if everything fried at once, it's just nice to know there is a back up.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Of course, regrettably, you're asking questions....getting good answers...then immediately denying the answers, despite their uniformity. So what's the point of asking the question?

Here's some kinetix for you. Does the moon revolve around the earth or the sun? The moon revolves around the earth, not the sun. The earth just drag it along. Ergo, the angle of the Y-axis of the moon is actually a straight line through the moon from back to forth through near space and through the center of the earth along equator. The moon doesnot rotate around this axis. However, since you are so clever and have found a source of free energy. It's midnight and the moon is UP at equator. Your coordinates are wrong. Big wheel keeps on turning, proud Mary keeps on burning, rolling. Rolling. Rolling on the river. If the moon was spinning around it's axis, there would be kinetic energy to harvest, but all we have is self sustainable magnogravitational friction from the moon, since the y axis of the moon goes from center front to center far, you see this in the shape of wind and waves here on earth, since the moon revolves around the earth once a month. The earth never sets on the moon, but the sun varies in size and sets once a month. Again. Had the moon been a planet, circling around the sun, your assumtion would be correct, but since the moon's orbit is geocentrical, it doesnot spin, earth does. The moon is a geocentric satellite, not a heliocentric planet. Ha! Did Phileas Fogg's boat spin once around it's y-axis in 81 days? The Y axis of Fogg's ship goes along the mast, and that y axis is actually relative to earth's y axis. With your logics and understanding of kinetics and mechanics, Foggs ship would either spin around it's mast on a coin, or it would have to turn once around it's z axis (leaving the boat upside down, keel up, after fourty days) before it returned to it's startingpoint. Your logics excludes gravity and magnetism. If you were right, gyros wouldn't work. Well, atleast that's my logics. One day we will have a giant cubic counterweight on earth, halting earth's spin around it's current y-axis, so the sun never sets on one side and never rise on the other. Inside the 2220km*2220km*2220km huge box is a new world. On the oposite side Hell is inevitable, and nothing will grow there. Talking about scorged earth.

new topics

top topics

join