It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Government Bailout Financial Market? Vote Here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I say hell no. My business was not bailed out when we couldnt make it.

Why should theres?

A big HELL no!

No

Yes

edit to add tally

[edit on 25-9-2008 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I vote no.

The results of the loudobbs.tv.cnn.com... vote were surprising to me...

Support 8% 1362
Oppose 92% 16167
Total Votes: 17529

The reason I oppose is I believe the federal reserve are actually buying these banks for pennies on the dollar.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
NO.
It should come out of the pockets of the corporations who have stolen it in the first place.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I. too, vote no.

Taking losses is part of any business.
They should just suck it up and dip into their profit margins.

Obviously, they've extended themselves farther then they should have.
There's no reason we should have to pay for their bad business practices.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by abelievingskeptic

I vote a BIG NO!! SErtinly not!!!
And to keep this from being a 1 line post.. I will say if this bill was to be passed.. This needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb!

I as an American want to understand every part of this bill before its even considered..
Its making me uneasy to know they want to pass this so damn fast!

They want it done, and done right now! Becasue they know, if WE the slaves see what they are doing many of us will wake up!
They do not want that at all..

They will use fear!! And say its our only hope.. WE HAVE no other choice so we are told..

Its either this.. Or doom!!! I think its a bunch of BS!!! There is always another way out of this mess!!!
But they claim there is no other way..
That is dangerous!!!
VERY DANGEROUS!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
NO

Fear being used to convince the average person the 'rescue' is necessary.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As Whitney and Bobby are fond of saying..."Hell to the naaaaw!" Where's the little afro-smiley when I need him...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I abstain as just like the real elections, my vote has no bearing on anything whatsoever. Besides, a depression is coming either way. They just want to consolidate more power first.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I would vote yes.

But only if I could photocopy cash and use it to pay for may taxes.

Until then, no

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I vote NO to a bailout.

I think there is hell to pay for the average person, bailout or no. It isnt going to help us.

I think all a bailout will do is prolong the agony for those of us on the bottom and let the guys on the top who created this whole debacle escape the consequences of their own greed and incompetence.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

here is a video from anothr thread everyone should watch as soon as possible

edit to update tally

NO

YES

big shocker there!

edit to update tally
[edit on 27-9-2008 by abelievingskeptic]

[edit on 27-9-2008 by abelievingskeptic]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
NO

The government caused the problem in the first place, in the name of diversity and affirmative action.

Let real capitalism fix this problem...not the government.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
NO

This is a rare thing here! I just had to comment on this.
RR and I go back a bit on here.. And I dont think we have ever seen eye to eye on anything! However I do respect the man, and anytime I see his name come up.. I say to myself.. here we go again.. time to put on the gloves

But this time.. RRconservative has broken charater and said something I never thought I would see..
I honestly expect you to say YES, we need this passed because of this or that!
Cheers to you RR!! Its good to see 2 people from totally different walks of life comming together on an important issue such as this.

Rare indeed, and this speaks volumes within itself.
AS divided as some of us may be.. I think we all feel very close to the same thing on this issue..

We are standing together as Americans, speaking up for what is best for our country.. And our people..
Its nice to agree with you here RR.. And its nice to fight on the same side for once.. Its a good feeling that gives me hope.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

right on
ive noticed a few different opinions he has held i completely disagreed with, but i mostly don't say anything. maybe a sarcastic comment or 2
but mostly I keept it zipped up usually.

interesting how average joes with completely different views can come together on topics like this.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Honestly, NO.

However, at this point, I don't know what else they can do. They'd be running quite the risk to just let this # run its course without some kind of intervention. *SHRUG*

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I vote no... just wish that my and your votes meant something at the moment.

Wonder how long ago politicians stopped listening to the public? Did they ever really listen?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
They'd be running quite the risk to just let this # run its course without some kind of intervention. *SHRUG*

Correct.. Something does have to be done. If we vote this down. Then someone will have to think of something..
While this thread is not the place to talk about that.. I will send you a u2 here in the next day or so Speaker so we can have a more direct talk about this current issue.
But its true.. We can't just do nothing, and hope it goes away.

With this vote of no. Its going to have to be replaced with a better and more trust worthy deal. Something that we can sink our teeth into. And get a real taste of what we are up against.

As most of us are to disconnected right now to even fathom what will happen if we dont do something.. Or if we do something..

Catch 22 anyone?
Damned if you do.. Damned if you dont

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I will say a resounding NO!

As for a solution to this government induced mess, I suggest following this link,..... www.fedupusa.com...

There's alot of intelligent individuals fighting to knock this bill down.

As a matter of fact, there is a protest occurring as I type in DC.

www.tickerforum.org...

DC protest, THIS SATURDAY the 27th TRILLION DOLLAR MARCH in forum [FedUp]

All people need to do is get behind this, and MAKE our voices heard.

Email your representatives and show them that WE THE PEOPLE will not stand for this garbage bill, and that there's other options being offered.

Later,...... Ausable_Bill

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My biggest concern...or at least the one that tingles my spidey senses the most is the speed in which they want to pass this. This is a serious as hell issue and problem and they want to have it decided yesterday. I doubt this is an issue that the fireman commerical cold all agree on this fast. (the commercial that shows a scenerio where the Congress was made up of all firemen and how fast they could get things done)

My solution would be for the United States of America to call the members of the Federal Reserve, including the New York branch and tell them, thanks but no thanks. We are going to stop using private banks to fund the United States. We are going to look at this Constitution piece of paper that provides that we can print our own money. You, bankers, are going to go broke. Your greed, your abuse of power, the trouble you have caused the entire world is over. Why can we do this? Because we still control the military. Death to the Federal Reserve. Base money on Gold or Silver or whatever but screw the privately owned federal reserve.

We need to throw off our shackles and see if we can handle real freedom.

No bailout! if you are going to keep the federal reserve owning us! No apology accepted or promise of "reform" through "pseudo regulations". We don't believe you nor trust you.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
NO, No, a thousand times, NO!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join