It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Exploration Key To Mankind's Survival: NASA Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Space Exploration Key To Mankind's Survival: NASA Chief

rawstory.com

Mankind's very survival depends on the future exploration of space, said NASA chief Michael Griffin in an interview with AFP marking the 50th anniversary of the US space agency.

This journey, said the veteran physicist and aerospace engineer, is full of unknowns and has only just begun.

"Does the survival of human kind depend upon it? I think so," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While I might agree with him to an extent, there are other issues in the immediate forefront that precede this, such as:

*Discontinuance of endless warring (which will eventually exterminate our entire species if not changed)...

**Taking better care of the PLANET WE'RE ON.

While I want to explore space and the cosmos as much as anyone else, we have such a big mess on this one little rock here that I think we need to get our own house cleaned up first.

But that's just me I suppose.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The defense and aerospace industry have blinders on and can only see their own goals versus the rest of us that just want to live productive lives in peace as it was meant to be. Yes, someday the sun will go supernova or a giant something will crash into the planet but until then we have a lot of other stuff to do. Watch the video at the end of my signature. if Carla Rossin is right the defense industry is having its way with the people of Earth insisting we have to have weapons in space to fight commies, asteroids and evil aliens.

new topics

join