It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Billions of Dollars: Where's my cut?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My Dearest Politicians
All the D's, the R's, the I's.
All of you, listen up, for once.

So you want to save the country, by saving the economy, by dumping billions of soon to be hyper-inflated dollars into a "doomed to repeat this failure" banking system?

I noticed that you are in a REAL hurry to get this taken care of.
Why is that? Do you suddenly care about the American people?

Frankly, I think you are in a hurry to cover ALL of your butts.
You want to get this "taken care of" because you don't want us to discover your improprieties. I believe there are many, some horrendous, some minor.
Some of you pushed legislation that was bad for everyone except the banks and lenders. Some of you were lobbied so hard, you lost sight of the ramifications. Well here they are.

And now. You want to own our loans?
A lot of us are EXTREMELY unhappy about this. Just the idea of the US government running the bank that owns the loans is unsettling.

Forget it. We are paying attention. If and when you two parties come to an agreement, we'll know who voted, and how they voted. I suggest you follow Ron Paul's lead on this one.

I want my cut.
the way I look at it. It will be MY tax dollars that will make this bailout possible. Mine, and millions of others. We want a piece of the action.

First, I would like shares in this new entity that you are probably about to create. You can base my ownership on the amount of Tax dollars you have TAKEN from me. Same for all other tax-paying citizens in the great country.
We all want a share.
In addition to that, I would like the ability to buy a larger stake, at a discount. I want YOU, the US government to SELL FANNIE, and FREDDIE to us. You need to limit the amount of ownership to a certain number of shares, so one, or two, or three billionaires can't buy it all up.

You FAILED, and you failed HORRIBLY.

It's our turn!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nice post..

But you cant have a cut, Ur a moderator on ATS, and I cant cause I have a record of not being nice about our government.. So we are out..

But sucks, nothing will be done.. I agree with someone who stated somewhere else..

The only way America got to be free was thru bloodshed. Today seems like the same track were are headed. We want to be free yet again, we have to fight.. They wont give up that easy... Any value being American then we have to stand together and fall together.. If that don't happen they will all continue to rape us from the inside out.. Until there is nothing left except a shell of what America Used to me.

Sorry, bur reality sucks, and its time to share..

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thickheaded, thank you for taking the time to respond to my rant!
It looks like you're right, no piece of the action for me, or anyone else who will be funding this boondoggle.

I still think public ownership would be a great way to keep on eye on these greedy thieves. However, we'll just hear excuses as to why such a plan is not feasible.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The only thing the bail out can achieve is to have CEO take massive golden handshakes and head off into the sun set . Nine times the size of the New Zealand economy looks set to be spend just ensure that a minority of elitists can escape the responsibility for the mess the global economy is in . If I understand things correctly the low US dollar means that money of little value will be used to basically debt or rather failed financial institutions.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmm, this was a rant from the last Bailout.
Seems to still apply.
Maybe none of them will listen again!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

No kidding man, where is my cut.

Here is what I have decided to do about it. I found an ETF with the ticker symbol FAZ.

It's 3x short financials.

It is really low right now, and when the banks fail again, you can make a killing on it. You can do your part to boot these rotten bankers in the arse.

You can actually get some of the TARP funds using this method. (Warning you could lose a lot of money doing this type of gambling)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hey there SD,

Great post... S+F for you.

I hear you about what you've said hear. Being no dummy myself I'm under no illusion that I'll see any of this magical money that they're talking about.

You bring up a point that always has bugged me. It's the two party system. Why can't there be one party making the decisions that run (or ruin) our lives.

I'm convinced that there are two parties so that they can blame each other for holding up important bills and such. That way nothing ever really gets done unless the polling data shows it's time to actually do something about an issue. These politicians stay in power and make us think that we need them to make it all work. It's just an elaborate shell game.

Finally I have no idea where the $$$$$ is coming from and how it's being put back into the economy. Sure, I read what they print and watch what's being reported on TV, but it's always a bit vague and ambiguous.

Time for more "wait and see"

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
But wait my friends...we do get a slice!!!

600 dollars for singles, 1000 for couples!!!

All part of the *cough* brilliant stimulus package!

Why didn't they just drop income taxes for a year? If the government is going force us to go down in flames at least let us enjoy the last of our non inflated tax dollars before it's too late.

I don't know how anyone can't be angry.
It doesn't seem to matter who is in charge, the results are always the same.

S & F

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

LOL..
Notice how gas prices went to 4 bucks per gallon just before the earlier stimulus checks were being mailed out? That was Corporate welfare for Big Oil. Sucked right out of your wallet, faster than the post office delivered it!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I hadn't realized this before but u are right. I remember getting that money and thinking, "This will really help me out because gas is so expensive." They could have just gave the money to the oil companies to keep their prices down and the results would have been the same.

If gas prices get that high again I'll be in trouble. I really hope that doesn't happen.

It's maddening though to continue to get screwed over and over again. I can handle some mistakes but this is getting ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If this wasn't so valuable, I would throw it through a bankers window on your behalf.

I feel your pain.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Your cut will probably be higher food prices, higher gas prices, higher utilities cost, higher state and local taxes, higher interest rate charges on your credit cards, and a higher price/cost for everything else. I know this isn't the cut you are looking for, but it is the part of the cut the government wants you to have. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If you gave 10 million Americans 50K each to start a business that would stimulate the economy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The old adage "You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear", is very true.

The same with all the others:

No lemons no lemonade.
A rose is a rose.
Nothing in nothing out.

All attempting to say the same thing. You can not work with what you don't have and no matter how you dress it the pig is still a pig.

So I guess you can feel confident that you already got you cut.

We all did.

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

top topics

join