It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington

www.wnbc.com

With extraordinary stakes on the line, President Bush has invited both presidential candidates and the leaders of the House and Senate to the White House on Thursday in hopes of securing a bill to rescue the economy.

Bush took the unusual step Wednesday night of calling Democratic Sen. Barack Obama directly to invite him to the meeting, White House press secretary Dana Perino said. An Obama spokesman said the senator would attend. The White House has also invited Republican Sen. John McCain.

Perino said the goal of the session is to make progress -- fast -- on a bipartisan solution to the biggest economic crisis in decades.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I find it odd this invitation comes out after the mccain suspension. I think this was a move in hope that Obama rejected the invitation to make him look bad. Nothing is going to get done in one day. I dont know why others think it will. These meetings are simply political band-aids for stab wounds given to us by the government

www.wnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
With the Russian disclosure of news that Bush contacted UK with plans to declare martial law
in the first week in October, it makes sense. They're being briefed in full that the election is off and the details.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

huh.. source please.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
With the Russian disclosure of news that Bush contacted UK with plans to declare martial law
in the first week in October, it makes sense. They're being briefed in full that the election is off and the details.

You mean the Sorcha Faal disclosure, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes he does. I honestly see it happening. Maybe this is the one time Sorcha is right???

[edit on 24-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

someone please explain to me what scrocha was talking about here.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
someone please explain to me what scrocha was talking about here.

Link and link...two ATS discussions on the matter.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB) is reporting in the Kremlin today that the Bank of England has received from the United States Federal Reserve Bank a ‘notice’ that President Bush is preparing to declare an ‘Economic Emergency’ during the week of October 5th and will further announce that the American Presidential election due to be held on November 4th will be ‘indefinitely suspended’.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Snuffleupagus' summons Alien Armada, Destroys White House.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
At first I thought there would be riots because of an Obama loss.

Now I'm thinking riots will occur because of a huge financial collapse.
Beeg Badda Boom

link   
This just makes McCain's decision to suspend his campaign have more legitimacy. IT adds to the sense of urgency to have an unprecedented meeting called like this so close to election. Obama looks like he is not on the ball and had to come higtailing it to Washington while McCain knew the grave seriousness of the matter.

link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

my goodness. very odd. only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
This just makes McCain's decision to suspend his campaign have more legitimacy. IT adds to the sense of urgency to have an unprecedented meeting called like this so close to election. Obama looks like he is not on the ball and had to come higtailing it to Washington while McCain knew the grave seriousness of the matter.

honestly, sectioneight.... do you ever make a post that doesnt seem like you are making it from mccains (suspended) campaign headquarters

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by SectionEight

honestly, sectioneight.... do you ever make a post that doesnt seem like you are making it from mccains (suspended) campaign headquarters

I didn't get the note to suspend actions.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This had better be a one day stunt.

This is starting to look like an unnegotiated agreement to *play* emergency, and therefore not have to further discuss fundamental governance issues to the people through the process of a NORMAL campaign.

It really is unbelievable how weak both of these guys are.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This doesn't help McCain at all. In fact, it takes away John McCain's big winning strategy, which would have been for him to vote "NO" on the bailout plan, and then point to the Democrats as being responsible for the giveaway.

Now, McCain's going to be forced to get behind whatever compromise is made, making him seem weak and tying him further to the disastrous 8 years of George Bush.

Obama gets an immediate boost from the invitation, showing many Americans who don't know who he is or what he's about that he's a serious contender, otherwise, why would the President be "inviting" him to the White House for the big pow wow?

This is actually something that George Bush promised 8 years ago, that he would be a "uniter not a divider" - a promise he never fulfilled.

Anything reasonable solution increases Obama's stature and makes McCain look less like the toughly independant Maverick who's the new sheriff in town. McCain better hope that no new photos of him and Bush "hugging it out" show up again.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

i think obama is only accepting as a political move. if he ends up agreeing to delay the debate, then i will be worried..... and im a skeptic

hell... reagan and carter debated during the iran contra crisis

bush and gore debated 5 days after the attack on the uss cole....

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vuoto

This is just too funny.
Obama running to the beckoning call of Bush, to be his puppy begging for scraps at his table.
Oh what a sad day for the Bush haters of the world, their annointed having to get photos with the devil incarnate.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

And if he didnt accept, you would be on here saying how Obama doesnt put his country first.... yawn.............

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join