It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Pre Speech/Post Speech Thoughts and Dissection

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

i just downloaded the transcript...and you are right.

I now need to wonder why?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I belive that they used bigger print on the teleprompter! The letters at one time went to fast and to small for him. So they made the all the letters X4 the size, slowed it down, and made it all in big red print!!

I think this clown was using more fear! I watched to Colbert report after this speach, and noted he had the guy from the times saying, this is America's only choice!! This bill will pass folks like it or not.

And the whole thing with McCain Suspending his campain to just vote is nothing short of trying a ploy to push his numbers up! All this man can do is vote! thats it, no work, not a damn thing other than drinking some beer, and casting a vote!! Worthless!

Back to the topic at hand. I couldnt help but notice Bush distance himself from the American people in this speach. He said those Americans affected, not we or us.. But those people kinda term. I didnt get a good feeling off this at all.. He uses fear, and is manipulating his sheep.

But this is not just the fault of Bush.. Its said by Paul that the blame rests in future Admins. So they are placing blame on something that is not here yet. Not placing blame on the past, but future. Makes sense huh?

These clowns plan on buying up the market at a low low price! They will own it. All those houses and real valued property will be in their hands.
They are going to horde this value.

But what is creeping up behind this action? Why do I get the hunch this is leading into something far more sinister than any of us can forsee.

We are all talking about the speach, and taking it at face value.

What is this really ABOUT? Thats what I want to know.

What is this WHOLE charade covering up. What is the un-forseen factor.
Im here at ATS because you guys are all the cream of the crop.
And I think someone here knows something.. Spill the beans..
More doom and gloom? Im sure it is.. But thats fine I want to hear it!

[edit on 25-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

A little off topic....but I could not resist.

Have you ever disected the new rhetoric concerning "blame the baby boomers"

They are the children of the WW 2 victors. Could it be that the fascist Elite have fashioned a new scapegoat in reflection of thier loss in WW two?

lol

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wonder which families will benifit from this bailout.

McCain has Mafia ties....He figured he needed to show who's side he is on and suspended his election thing for a few days...I wonder if the goodfellows have somehow figured it all out and are pushing a master piece of extortion on the grandest scale?!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have nothing really new to contribute to the discussion besides what has already been said. I did however notice how seemed very tired, unconvinced that this would work, and obviously forced to stand up there and explain to the public what is going on. Best display of fear-mongoring since declaring war on Iraq.

Another odd thing I noticed that I never noticed before...does Bush have two different color eyes? On my tv he had a blue/dark grey eye and a brwon eye. Maybe it is time for a new tv.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Everyone seems to be talking about some upcoming event the week of October 7th, anyone have any comment on this?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Looking at his speech, I see President Bush, yes; scared. Panicked about a situation (like his many ventures in life) that are about to go under.

What I can't quite wrap my hands around is the NEED for the speech? Clearly, no matter which way the bailout proposal goes, his administration is still going to look bad. Whether the Elite bankers make good, or whether the Government makes good, the loser is still the little guy, which translates to the administration looking bad. NO MATTER WHO was/is at fault NOW, it will still be written that way.

Personally I think Bush had VERY little to do with the current crisis. This has been a timebomb in the intestines of our country for a LONG LONG time.

While I'm all for regulation, and a constant "Bubble Flashpoint Monitor", our elected officials can TRULY only do so much.

I mean, seriously we should ALL be thinking about this:

"Did we REALLY need a $3000.00 TV to watch the superbowl once per year? In fact, did we REALLY need more than ONE of those?

Did we REALLY need a 750i in our driveways because, if we didnt, then Johnny next door would stop taking our kids with theirs to soccer practice?

Did we REALLY need 10,000 Square feet for me, my wife and my daughter because, well, Johnny has it?

Did we REALLY need to have SIX cell phones (one for me my wife and daughter in our 10,000 square foot house, and 1 as backup in case primary breaks)?

Did we REALLY need to buy Laura Ashley because a) Johnny and his wife have them b) because they just feel better
?

Did we REALLY need to have SEVERAL Console Gaming systems in our homes to match each of the $3000.00 TV's to be put to good use when we're NOT watching the superbowl on them one time per year?"

I mean folks, anyone who knows me, KNOWS I CAN NOT STAND the current administration, and wholly, our elected officials, however SINCERELY we do have to ALSO lay as much blame on ourselves for our over-indulgence and greed, and a HORRIBLE pride such that we TOO put ourselves in front of that proverbial "oncoming car" without getting out of the way (as someone stated earlier in this thread), as much as we should blame those that we had hoped would look out for OUR interests so we could maintain that over-indulgence.

Fair is fair in my opinion...

AB1

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Yeah Im not sure.. Thats what Im trying to get at here. Im hoping someone has a better idea than I have. But I do feel something is going on here that is behind the scene here.
I get this funny hunch that this whole deal is a cover up for something far more sinister and bigger than some of us can see.
I do not wish to derail this thread on some none sense that might be nothing. So if anyone wants to start a new thread that would be great!
I will put forth some effort and work today to see what I can not find about that date you said.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr
I like THIS speech more.

Here he gives us the reason for the mess he (together with his financial geniuses) made. Everybody should have a beautiful home, he said, and F and M made it possible for him.
IT is a beauty, isn't it.

Oh man, now that is ironic. Thanks for posting that link.
I can't believe how powerless I feel in regards to all of this and being able to avoid having to foot the bill for someone else's stupidity, greed and gluttony...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flash_dancer
What is not mentioned in his speech is what caused the problems or how to fix them.

He did explain the situation that lead to the problem. He offered the official, easy to follow version:

First, how did our economy reach this point? Well, most economists agree that the problems we're witnessing today developed over a long period of time. For more than a decade, a massive amount of money flowed into the United States from investors abroad because our country is an attractive and secure place to do business.

This large influx of money to U.S. banks and financial institutions, along with low interest rates, made it easier for Americans to get credit. These developments allowed more families to borrow money for cars, and homes, and college tuition, some for the first time. They allowed more entrepreneurs to get loans to start new businesses and create jobs.

Unfortunately, there were also some serious negative consequences, particularly in the housing market. Easy credit, combined with the faulty assumption that home values would continue to rise, led to excesses and bad decisions.

Many mortgage lenders approved loans for borrowers without carefully examining their ability to pay. Many borrowers took out loans larger than they could afford, assuming that they could sell or refinance their homes at a higher price later on.

Optimism about housing values also led to a boom in home construction. Eventually, the number of new houses exceeded the number of people willing to buy them. And with supply exceeding demand, housing prices fell, and this created a problem.

Borrowers with adjustable-rate mortgages, who had been planning to sell or refinance their homes at a higher price, were stuck with homes worth less than expected, along with mortgage payments they could not afford.

As a result, many mortgage-holders began to default. These widespread defaults had effects far beyond the housing market.

See, in today's mortgage industry, home loans are often packaged together and converted into financial products called mortgage-backed securities. These securities were sold to investors around the world.

Many investors assumed these securities were trustworthy and asked few questions about their actual value. Two of the leading purchasers of mortgage-backed securities were Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Because these companies were chartered by Congress, many believed they were guaranteed by the federal government. This allowed them to borrow enormous sums of money, fuel the market for questionable investments, and put our financial system at risk.

The decline in the housing market set off a domino effect across our economy. When home values declined, borrowers defaulted on their mortgages, and investors holding mortgage-backed securities began to incur serious losses.

Before long, these securities became so unreliable that they were not being bought or sold. Investment banks, such as Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers, found themselves saddled with large amounts of assets they could not sell. They ran out of money needed to meet their immediate obligations, and they faced imminent collapse.

Other banks found themselves in severe financial trouble. These banks began holding on to their money, and lending dried up, and the gears of the American financial system began grinding to a halt.

He did also briefly mention the remedies, but these are vastly unspecified, so he moved on.

I almost missed the speech the way you did. But when Bart Simpson said "whee-haaaa-whoo," I became suspicious and hit the remote.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about "we can't sit in school without being medicated?" That's one of the most sweeping statements I've ever heard and it is quite offensive. I ask you to revoke that statement and quit eating up my social security fund.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

What the hell are you talking about "we can't sit in school without being medicated?" That's one of the most sweeping statements I've ever heard and it is quite offensive. I ask you to revoke that statement and quit eating up my social security fund.

Both statements had blanket generalities in them.

I just heard a Rep. from Louisiana state that he fronted a bill that offered $1000. dollars to every women who gets her tubes tied.www.nola.com...

We are beginning to see how a society breaks down.

We move toward bio survival as a mamalian pack mentality takes hold.

This can also be termed nationalism.

I am fascinated.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Originally posted by Ketzer22

Both statements had blanket generalities in them.

I just heard a Rep. from Louisiana state that he fronted a bill that offered $1000. dollars to every women who gets her tubes tied.www.nola.com...

We are beginning to see how a society breaks down.

We move toward bio survival as a mamalian pack mentality takes hold.

This can also be termed nationalism.

I am fascinated.

no, mine had blanket generalities in them.....her's was just a down out lie!!! and, of course out she comes with another.....
I'm eating up her social security fund!!!

ya, tell ya what, I quit gobbling up your social security fund when you and your friends stop popping babies out every year for us to take care of financially, okay?? Social security will be gone by the time I am ready to retire.....
as far as the comment about the tendancy of people scapegoating the boomers, ya, I am noticing....

I don't think it's an obsure plan by the facists to get even with the boomers for putting an end to their last endeavor. It doesn't take a master's degree to know that there's no way in heck that my kid's generation is gonna be able to prop us all up...and recent events in the financial sector has about guarenteed that one for us I think...
giant deficit to pay, elderly parents to take care of, natural resources frittered away, they ain't gonna stand a chance! it's probably more of a sign of the sheer utter frustration that is hitting them. but hey, most of them had just about everything they wanted as kids!! where I maybe had one or two toys under the tree christmas morning, winter coat, boots, gloves (had to wait till christmas to get them, didn't matter if your old winter clothing was tore up or not), they probably had lots of toys... where my family didn't have one car, and I ended up walking everywhere I went, hey, theirs probably had two, and momma taxied them everywhere. we went some time without a tv even, let alone all those neat video games...
heck, when I wanted to take the college entrance exam in high school, my mom said I didn't need college, I just needed to meet a nice rich man, one that would take care of her too!
she finds it offensive that I said that none of them can stay put in school without medication...well, I find it offensive for her to say my mom spoiled me!!
the spoiling didn't take place till the next generation, and they are the spoiled generation! we were the ones who just wanted to give our kids more than we had....thus, the giant mess we are all in now!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well this is what I got out of that spouting of talking points:
Blah.......blah...... Oh were f&**ed...blah...blah.... It's not my fault or my dads...blah...blah...Clinton started this.......blah blah....Were stealing your money cause you idiots have no other choice but let us cause if you say any thing I'll sic the IRS on you and lock you up for being a domestic terrorist....blah...blah...We really have no idea what were doing here...blah blah...We need this money cause if not your never going to be able to retire.....

Here's a funny thing no-one is asking,

If 700 billion is needed SOOOOO bad.
Then why 100 billion being held at request
And another 250 Billion slated for congressional vote???
Does anyone find this strange? WE NEED 700 BILLION but we only really need 250 billion right now???? Where was the other 400 billion going?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

I still say bush's creditors are on his tail...they want more than worthless paper. for all the loans he's taken in our name. so, well, guess who's gonna get all of our real estate? give ya a clue, you might want to learn arabic and chinese before you rent your next home or apartment.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

"Did we REALLY need a $3000.00 TV to watch the superbowl once per year? In fact, did we REALLY need more than ONE of those?

Did we REALLY need a 750i in our driveways because, if we didnt, then Johnny next door would stop taking our kids with theirs to soccer practice?

Did we REALLY need 10,000 Square feet for me, my wife and my daughter because, well, Johnny has it?

Did we REALLY need to have SIX cell phones (one for me my wife and daughter in our 10,000 square foot house, and 1 as backup in case primary breaks)?

Did we REALLY need to buy Laura Ashley because a) Johnny and his wife have them b) because they just feel better
?

Did we REALLY need to have SEVERAL Console Gaming systems in our homes to match each of the $3000.00 TV's to be put to good use when we're NOT watching the superbowl on them one time per year?"

I mean folks, anyone who knows me, KNOWS I CAN NOT STAND the current administration, and wholly, our elected officials, however SINCERELY we do have to ALSO lay as much blame on ourselves for our over-indulgence and greed, and a HORRIBLE pride such that we TOO put ourselves in front of that proverbial "oncoming car" without getting out of the way (as someone stated earlier in this thread), as much as we should blame those that we had hoped would look out for OUR interests so we could maintain that over-indulgence.

Fair is fair in my opinion...

Yep, fair is fair.

I own nothing mentioned on your list. No house, no cell phone, no car, and a 10 year old pawnshop TV.

Blame yourself if you like, but don't blame me.

In reference to Bush looking as bad as he did- tired, drawn, almost haggard.
We all know how the media makes things look the way they want. Could all his unhealthy appearance be a put on? Make up and lighting to make him look so bad so the public will feel sorry for him? "Oh, look how tired he looks. He must be very worried about the country, and working so very hard to fix the problems, he's loosing his health."

Just a thought. It could very well be my natural suspicion saying this, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

I think you are mistaken in that they are only taking from "YOUR" children and grandchildren. Their own children are well and set up thank you every much. They are in reality hoarding it for their own family empire. The CEOs are still getting their bonuses...this is a case of failing upwards?? I wonder if a humble employee does not perform to expectation he/she would be shown the door...rather than be given a bonus...I think there is something really really wrong about this picture. I wonder if they the CEO and the top level managers who will be left off with no accountability are all laughing at the mopes (that us, by the way). We have been blinded and hypnotised into non thinking, and even if we wake up now it is too late...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice the deer caught in the headlights look of bush minor during that speech... he looked as if even he was thinking that he was in over his head.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

I happen to think I have a hunch where that other money is going and the root to this crisis.
WAR! Alot of this money is going to fund the WAR machine!

This crisis is being used to prolong the war!

I took the last few days to try to make sense of all this.
And thats what I came up with today.

This will be used to prolong the War! Fund the War machine! with the extra unsaid amounts!
This will be used to as a ploy to keep our troops over there for a much longer period of time.

Anyone else with thoughts?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, I thought I might also comment on the pres debate. I thought McCain was a conceited pompass ass who would not even one time look at or acknowledge Obama (even when Obama looked at him). He constantly shrugged like a constipated old man whilst characterizing his opponent as "naive" at every turn. Not only this, but he outright lied in his many mischaracterizations of Obama's statements (as he has done repeatedly now throughout the whole campaign)!

Now beyond that, not much of substance was really said by either candidate (but that is typical of politics). However, I would give Obama an A+ for character and McCain a D-

[edit on 26-9-2008 by whatsup]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join