It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to your USA balls ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As a resident of the UK, I can not understand what has happened to the universally envied USA idea of what is right and just. You are all being screued royally at every turn, and just happy to discuss it on the Internet. Why, if you are all gun lovin freaks as portrayed by the media, are you not congregating on the streets and demanding that this Administration be jailed ?

This buyout is also going to screw you ALL financially for years to come, so why do you now form an underground movement and appoint an alternative Leader ?

What I despair of is that we agreed to be your unconditional friend, through think and thin, and are now reportedly going to suffer even more degradation of our lifestyle due to your Corporate greed.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by big gee]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't blame you -- I wonder the same sometimes. On one hand, a revolution probably isn't going to help things financially, but bending over doesn't do the job either. Most people I know are so leveraged that they just hope to survive with their home, and pray for a time when they don't have to worry about each day.

The current administration has played this very strategically IMO..... just so much and no more. I think a lot of people hold out a perhaps hollow hope that the upcoming election will produce significant beneficial changes. I would guess this: Regardless of who is elected, the American people that think this way are going to be disappointed. We can't eat rhetoric, not even with a tasty dill sauce.

On the up side, I feel that the American people come from stock that has cojones and spirit and resolve, and once the other shoe drops, I think the'll rally back, make things better, reform and start the next cycle of historic repetition.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Don't you worry about mine. It's all I can do to walk. And $700 billion dollars? That may seem like a lot to a smaller country, but we'll hardly notice.

You worry about your own country. You have a lot of problems besides keeping an eye on our balls. We still got 'em, and got 'em covered.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Major appreciates your concern over the girl of his fancy and her testicular disposition. And while the Major may be somewhat enamored with what the Second Amendment guarantees, the Major is also quite sure that the remainder of that grand document will ensure this proud country's continued survival and growth sans taking to the streets.

The Major does have a concern, not with the god old U. S. of A. but with the increasingly prevalent PWI; that would be Posting While Intoxicated.

Please don't drink and post.

Dismissed.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hi There,

My dear fellow Brit, you are in error in your thinking. What is transpiring in America is equally underway here in the UK. The interconnections between our two countries are more than political and military ideologies, but of blood born and blood spilt.

Take a look at our little country, and see the mess it is in...that my dear compatriot has nothing to do with America or Americans, but with Britain and the British. Whatever we can lay at the door of blame on America, we can equally lay ourselves upon the same doorstep. As a nation, we are just as apathetic and insular and indifferent. We are not a shining beacon to the world, but a villified history of rich and poor, master and slave, feasted and famined.

The NWO's origin and focus of power is to be found within that financial edifice on Threadneedle Street. From it stretch the slimy tentacles of economic oppression and free-thinking suppression.

Churchill had a observation regarding our American cousins...' that Americans could be counted on to do the right thing, only after exhausting every other possibility first'. We on the other hand, have only ever done the right thing when told to do so. The difference between our two countries lies in the use of the word 'told'. You do not tell an American to do anything, but appeal to his/her patriotism, we however, are simply following orders. Nuff' said.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi Major Dysfunction, I have not been drinking tonight, and resent your implication ! I presented this thread as the way I see things atm between our two Countries / Allies, and perhaps a way forward.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Don't you worry about mine. It's all I can do to walk. And $700 billion dollars? That may seem like a lot to a smaller country, but we'll hardly notice.

Yea Gods Man, where is your brain ? It must be in the heavy sack between your legs that you refer to.

$700 billion, you are having a laugh. The total is nearer $ 7 trillion, and still increasing.

To say that you ' hardly notice ' $700 billion does really sum up your ability to count

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

The Major apologizes. The Major mistakenly blamed your composition on the evils of wine and gin, when a more sinister perpetrator was responsible. The Major is now acutely aware of the genesis of your hypothesis and will steer well clear. The Major keeping strict adherence to the code duello and having a clear and distinct advantage will consider this point of contention settled.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by big gee
Hi Major Dysfunction, I have not been drinking tonight, and resent your implication ! I presented this thread as the way I see things atm between our two Countries / Allies, and perhaps a way forward.

I agree, you have a right to be offended by that comment, it was uncalled for.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
The difference between our two countries lies in the use of the word 'told'. You do not tell an American to do anything, but appeal to his/her patriotism, we however, are simply following orders. Nuff' said.

I'm not smart enough to tell if this is meant as an insult but I kind of like it.
especially this part:
"You do not tell an American to do anything, but appeal to his/her patriotism"

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I cashed in my 401k, back when it was worth something.
The current situation was brought on by simple fraud, by duplicating fictitious assets to something that on paper is multiple times more than what real assets exist. The so-called bail-out is a way of deciding who really owns the assets and that will go to the big international banks. All the smaller banks that got swindled will disappear.
What we, as Americans will end up with is a big bill.
The election coming up should be decided on by who votes for the bail-out.
We shout vote out every congressman who goes for it.
That is, if there is an election.
It seems that all the politicians are tied into the criminality so are stuck with going along with it and hoping they can ride it out. So, they have the choice of siding with the criminals and expecting to be protected by letting martial law go into effect.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by big gee
reply to post by dooper

Yea Gods Man, where is your brain ? It must be in the heavy sack between your legs that you refer to.
$700 billion, you are having a laugh. The total is nearer $ 7 trillion, and still increasing.
To say that you ' hardly notice ' $700 billion does really sum up your ability to count
My opinion is they blew it by not just asking for a trillion.
Most people do not know what a trillion is but they do know what a billion is. When you say 700 billion, it sounds like a lot.
You are right that this is just the first installment that they could burn through in one day. The real price is in quadrillions, that is thousands of trillions.
For years, cities have had their governments turned into corporations and we are going to see in the near future China owning whole cities. They are already negotiating with China to buy America.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

Don't get me wrong. I don't like it one damned bit. And remember, this isn't a "done deal" yet. But this is the equivalent of ten thousand dollars per American household. Everytime we get a Democrat for a President, he taxes us a lot more than that.

Let's see. Ten thousand per household. They raise the minimum wage, inflate wages, and the ten thousand isn't even felt, especially if spread over a five year period.

A lot of money? You bet. I wish that like in China, we could round up these executive who over the past decade caused this, put them against a wall and shoot the bastards.

But, this isn't the end of life as we know it. And the funny thing is, a thousand years from now, no one will even notice.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
dude, it was english immigrants that fled here from a tyrannical gov't, so what has happened to the UK's balls?

Speaking for myself, a woman raising two kids on her own through all this crap, I'd say, figuratively speaking, considering that I can see the path ahead of me pretty damn clearly, I have what it takes and possess more than a lot of the men.

I'd say those who are truly aware of what is going on around the world (not just in America) understand that for the time being the best thing that can be done is to keep the head low and focus on what is going on in front of you.

The big boys' are distracted at the moment and that is something wise ppl will take advantage of
When # hits the fan, those wise ppl will be ready to stand.. when the need arises.

new topics

top topics

join