It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Operations (for lack of term) WANT your UFO report?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for awhile. And my reason for having to think about this stems from the 70s when bigfoot sightings as common ground in news and print media suddenly ceased.

I'm 40ish, so then I was small-but I recall there being something of an accepted protocol for seeing something not commonplace and it not being uncommon to hear about people seeing stuff.

Then the Welcome for that went away. No more matter the fact news. Operational silence. Does any old timer remember this?

Well, it doesn't bother me, the operational silence and freakouts for not panicking the public. Ok Fine. But does this mean, see something keep it to yourself?

Does this mean everything seen is understood to be normal or rather is there some understanding of the ways things are supposed to be handled by 'the public' that I am not priveledged to.

Well here's my point. Once calling sightings of 'whatever'-UFO to bigfoot became a media hush hush, and claims (some warranted) of fraud or attention getters became the excuse for that deadening of the issue-globally, I think 90 percent of us stopped calling them in. So it must not be important to, right? That's my theory of mind. But on the small risk that this is not the case...I usually don't make it that far.

I don't call them in. I assume the government (for lack of term) already knows or that IT IS operations themselves or that its with Operational permission or it, they, whatever wouldn't be here or wherever. I believe in treatsies or whatnot, as to both flyers or biological creatures-and not even speaking on or to the paranormal aspects of the dead. Just speaking as to the tangible.

So my question is-because I DONT KNOW-KNOW, at the local level is it perferred to call in a hover or a being or a technology? I guess I should call the call center and ask them this very question-but that itself seems odd-doesn't it?.

If they wanted to know-then I could open my evening paper and read, "such and so saw (a thing).."

On the hidden side of things-if the police and news are under direction from the civics leaders whom they get their funding from is it any wonder we don't know what to do?

Based upon economical excuses of the hypothetical negative economic public responses or conversely mass exodus's to the sighting zones by the interested.

To the to keep this aspect of living portrayed as a surreal subject- makes it a surreal subject.

At the same time, I wouldn't neccesarily want to be the one pointing the finger in that direction say, on a ufo reporting sight because I wouldn't know what malicious people might just take note of that.

It's a matter of not knowing my obligations. I tend to be 'of a mind' that it is us up there. I don't call the police to report that a police car has just driven down the road.

Conversely, well, what's suspicious? If I see a ufo-I *think* its on the same status of seeing an aeorplane, just a flight I can't take. If I were, say, to see it firing on someone, I would think *homicide* and maybe want to call it in. I never see criminal behavior.

Maybe I should think of it as tresspassing. Since-I DONT KNOW-that it has permission to be in our air space. Then again, it's MY airspace and it's not bugging me a bit-so why would I rat out a friend--unless it is being criminal at which point I'd be guilty by association or would choose to end the friendship. Then, if still around, it may become the issue of stalking.

Just a train of thoughts I thought I'd share for lack of a manual.

I can't be alone in pondering this aspect of civics.

Thoughts or harrassments?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The media are slowly opening up again to these kind of things, it could be that fad go through cycles, Remember Yo-yos?.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes....I remember Yo-yos....but...not what they were about.

What are you referring to?

You know what I liked was the sticks. You balance one stick in constant motion in the air back and forth using 2 other sticks.

Yes, the medias opening up. "Bush is a reptile" and the "Vatican acknowledges it's O.K. now to believe in aliens"

I know..everyones finally settling in.

I just want to know.
So should I call 911 when I see phenomenon?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you feel that your life is in danger, then call 911. But you can still report Ufo's to some officials, i dont know were in the us.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You can post them to Mufon.org or Nuforc.com. When you see something that doesn't fit you would thinks someone would want to know. The two places I mentioned accept the data and make it available to the public more or less.

top topics

join