It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder: Continuation of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act as of Sept 18th for 1yr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Although this has been a typical procedure since 911 it is a reminder of the supreme powers that the president still has at hand and can use at ANY TIME.

WASHINGTON, Sep 18, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- On September 23, 2001, by Executive Order 13224, I declared a national emergency with respect to persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism, pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706). I took this action to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States constituted by the grave acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism committed by foreign terrorists, including the terrorist attacks in New York, in Pennsylvania, and against the Pentagon committed on September 11, 2001, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks against United States nationals or the United States. Because the actions of these persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the United States, the national emergency declared on September 23, 2001, and the measures adopted on that date to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 23, 2008. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

GEORGE W. BUSH
THE WHITE HOUSE, September 18, 2008.
SOURCE: White House Press Office
White House Press Office
1-202-456-2580

Copyright Business Wire 2008

www.marketwatch.com... hppr

[edit on 9/24/2008 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This sounds like another "Terrorist Attack" may be on it's way to wrap up our current situation here in the US and bring about the New World Order.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We should be invading the secret societies and secret installations, and TAKING the evidence and EXPOSE all of this, instead of just talking about it. John F. Kennedy would bless us all from Heaven, if we could pull it off.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I read a small snippet mentioning this and was wondering just what it was referring to.

Of course with these extraordinary powers he doesn't have to answer to anyone, but I'd love to see Bush try to prove that this real and present terrorist threat exists to a real inquiring audience, such as a responsible Congress.

Does anyone know if the National Emergencies Act or International Emergency Economic Powers Act has any martial rule procedures? I'm still trying to figure out if the Insurrection Act is still the main law dictating martial rule procedure or if another has supplanted it. I know the John Warner Defense Authorization Act expired, but plenty of people are still claiming that Bush's expanded powers for declaring national emergencies and instituting martial rule still exist. Just trying to figure out the facts.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A terrorist attack is needed at this point. This would be Bush's ticket to rule this bail out plan into action, as well as istituting martial law and his continuity of government.

Any time now.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Do not think this way...as long as I've seen this board, long before this registered name, I've noticed this board is 70 pessimistic ...30 percent optimistic. All I have to say is bed ready. Be ready to live life the way you live it, and if something terrible does happen, be ready. The only way to avoid a full disaster is to be prepared. And it is always good to be safe then sorry. Yet still hold faith that good prevails..some how some way...I hope.

top topics

join