It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voodooism may be the mantra to banish your day-to-day demons!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Voodooism may be the mantra to banish your day-to-day demons!

[url=http://www.newslocale.org/sci%10tech/stnews/voodooism_may_be_the_mantra_to_banish_your_day-to-day_demons!_200809236643.html[/url]

Aussies have come up with a unique way to fight their day-to-day demons - voodoo.

According to tourism officials, Australian visitors to African countries are increasingly turning to voodoo - even if they sometimes won't admit it - as a way to beat problems they think western-style experts can't solve.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/9/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Anyone tried this? I am an Aussie and have never! I guess I just hang in the wrong circles....
The closest I have come to cursing some one is "
you!"
So does anyone here practice the art?

[url=http://www.newslocale.org/sci%10tech/stnews/voodooism_may_be_the_mantra_to_banish_your_day-to-day_demons!_200809236643.html]www.newslocale.org[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Now it seems I am cursed
...Can a kind mod please help with the link coding...

[edit on 23/9/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would have never thought of Australia as a hotbed for voodoo.

Though I thought Voodoo, or "houdon" was really more Haitian than African?

Anyways. I think it just represents humanity's overall trend of leaving the futility of organized religion for more spiritually based practices. I can't say if voodoo is better or worse, I just think it reflects that changing trend.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It was my understanding that the 'original' haitians brought the practice with them from the start...

The saddest thing is though, I would guess that many of the people tending towards the voodoo have ever even considerd main stream religions as an option.

new topics

top topics

join