It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass UFO Sighting in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
According to the article, 6 people in the Northern Territory were witnesses to some spectacular recent UFO activity. The sightings occurred over 2 nights and involved unexplained lights in the skies of outback Australia.

"You could see it coming towards us but it wasn't a plane. It made no noise - you couldn't hear anything.''

www.news.com.au...

www.ntnews.com.au...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Also, here's the ATS thread discussing the last major sighting in the Northern Territory:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
why northern territory of all places. Why not western Sydney for one thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Maybe they want to do some croc hunting

Or maybe America has setup shop in the NT somewhere

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Any picture evidence? I know if i saw a UFO a second time in 2 days I'd be prepared.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack
Maybe they want to do some croc hunting

Or maybe America has setup shop in the NT somewhere

Being Australian I'll let the first line slide, but you may want to look up Pine Gap.

Having spent a few weeks in the outback, the night sky is totally amazing. Stars to the horizon in 360 degrees.

Central Australia is a hot spot for sightings.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The logical explanation of these observations is they saw the International Space Station crossing the sky, West to East, as it does in the Southern Hemisphere. Unfortunately, no details of the date or time are included in the report, so verification isn't possible. However, the observations describe the exact visual impact the ISS can have when it passes you at a high elevation. Visual magnitudes greater than -2.5 are common. This makes the station the brightest object in the sky except for the sun and moon.
The reappearnce of the object the next evening, at a slightly different angle is also consistant. The rotation of the Earth means the ISS shifts direction every time it passes over a particular area. The outback in the Northern Territory is only about 18 degrees South of the equator, placing it well within the ISS envelope. An overhead pass just after sunset in such an unpolluted region will be quite breathtaking.

WG3

[edit on 24-9-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

could it be min min light we have them here ..have herd stories years ago..maybe

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

too many other lights ...maybe

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nice to see some intelligent discussion going on in this thread...

*yawn*

Good find though, OP.

top topics

join