It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Finally Probes Bailout Recipients!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Did we have to let it get this bad? Little information is being given at this point, but....FBI vs. Freddie, Fannie, Lehman & AIG

The inquiries, still in preliminary stages, will focus on the financial institutions and the individuals that ran them, a senior law enforcement official said.

Officials said the new inquiries brings the number of corporate lenders under investigation over the last year to 26.

Spokesmen for AIG, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac did not immediately return calls for comment Tuesday evening. A Lehman spokesman did not have an immediate comment.

So now what with the bailouts?

I'm shocked to see this happen now on the eve of the next Fed Bailout. Still trying to wrap my mind around the why and when, and what impact if any it has on the proposal the Fed is trying to shove down our throats.

Not enough info yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can you beLIEVE it? It finally happened. Gee, wonder of wonders, investigations ensue. D'you suppose they're going to yank back those $32 million dollar severance packages too?

Naw. They're probably already out of the country. Still, it's a tweak of confidence building..... a TINY block of confindence that at least the FBI acknowledges that ..........ummm...... something might be amiss.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
They maybe investigating but will they arrest and jail anybody? will they find out what happen to all the money that this institutions where holding?

I wonder.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually Marg - it's the timing of it that worries me. Why didn't this happen before now? Why didn't they hold off till the "big rescue" was finalized.

Something stinks here, I just can't nail it down.

Some one (or ones) will have to be the sacrificial goat here, and it almost doesn't matter who at this point, but the timing....something is desperately wrong with this picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Everything that is going on with the Benanke and Paulson stinks but right now no even congress can get a good answer from them.

I can only imagine that the Probe is for the benefit of the Government an the upcoming elections.

What else can they be doing this now.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hi There,

Just in case this is a false-flag rouse to pamper and appeal to the American people's anger, I suggest you all continue to openly show your anger...especially at and to your local representative...have at them knaves!

It may be that certain members of congress and the senate are beginning to fear the people...and so they should. May be, just may be, actions are being taken secretly in the background?

Best wishes

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The FBI needs to probe the Fedral Reserve.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
reply to post by marg6043

Actually Marg - it's the timing of it that worries me. Why didn't this happen before now? Why didn't they hold off till the "big rescue" was finalized.

Something stinks here, I just can't nail it down.

Some one (or ones) will have to be the sacrificial goat here, and it almost doesn't matter who at this point, but the timing....something is desperately wrong with this picture.

When I first saw/heard a little blip about this on my local news, I thought GREAT!

But after having a couple of hours to think about it, it's startin' to smell fishy .

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy theory site so im going to assume most of you have seen zeitgeist, for those who have not take a look. For those who have, seems like its all a setup for another condensing of national banks does it not? Great depression from the 20's i do recall.... www.zeitgeistmovie.com

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i am glad this is happening

i will not get my hopes up

but this is at least a start

now if we all as citizens do our part...we can actually change things

if we put enough pressure on these politicians

if we put enough pressure on the media and the powers that be

we can change things

if we elect the proper people to office

and hold them accountable more then we have in the past

we can change things

we must storm the political offices

we must call and harrass the media for truth and answers

if we as a civilization pushes hard enough and gets as annoying as possible

if we put everything under the microscope

we can stop the things that are going on

but it all starts here

we gotta organize and ask questions and put pressure on these people

put on the pressure and catch em when they crack

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Call me unreassured even if we demanded and got a real hunt for some heads... we'd get judas' goats staked out to see who bites...

The fix is in but it's interesting that they feel they need to launch the FBI to keep the masses appeased... Their position is tenuous a few good and strategic pushes will mean more than billions wasted in fruitless investigations.

new topics

top topics

join