It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does reincarnation follow linear time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One thing that I hear hinted at from people who have had NDE's is that time is taken away, and is really only a construct of living in a physical body.

I lean towards beleiving in reincarnation, but I wonder this. Does one's pattern of reincarnation, if that is indeed what happens, follow linear time?

We seem to expect that one might reincarnate, (to use s me popular examples) in Atlantis, then Egypt, then Rome, then Industrial Age London, then now, then sometime in the future.

However, if there really is no time, why should they follow that patten at all?

If there is really no time, then we may be able to remember our future just as we remember our past ones. I wonder if this is where we get our deju vu, "that feeling of waiting for something," or even overt visions of the future? For example, someone who "foresaw" 9/11 might not actually have foreseen it, but remembered reading about it or watching a documentary from a future-life?

What does ATS think?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Starred and flagged great question and topic.

Makes you wonder about a whole load of things, if one believes in other time lines and multiple dimensions, then which time line of you gets reincarnated, or are we one soul that experiences many different time lines, and at the end only one soul gets reincarnated?

Mind boggling.

Does reincarnation follow linear time? Well ive found an opinion thats interesting, but not necessarily the truth.

To begin with, reincarnation does not take place within a matrix of linear time. It’s not as if e.g. you had a life in ancient Greece and then you died; then you had a life in ancient Rome and then you died; then you had a life in the Middle Ages and then you died; etc. Rather, all of your past and future lives are going on at once, in an eternal NOW moment.

Think of it like this: survivors of near-death experiences often report seeing all the events that ever happened to them flash by them in no time at all. Thus it would seem that we experience the thought forms of our lives twice – once in linear fashion over a lifetime, and the second time around in timeless fashion at the moment of death.

In an analogous manner, while there is indeed an evolution going on in the universe, this evolution is not taking place in linear time: it’s all happening at once. Space and time have no objective existence. They are merely cognitive tools which evolved as sentient beings evolved, to enable them to focus upon one thing at a time instead of everything at once. The linearity of time is an illusion, a falsehood, which Eastern philosophers have termed maya or samsara. It is this false appearance that there is such a thing as an objective reality out there unfolding in linear time, which animates the striving of all sentient beings and keeps the wheel of reincarnation – of life and death and rebirth – turning.

For most people, 99.9% of decisions are made on the basis of socially-conditioned actions and reactions – what they were taught by their parents and society. But every now and then everyone has poignant moments – moments of consciousness or conscientiousness or conscience – when they sense that probable realities are branching off this way or that; or they feel echoes from other lifetimes and realities; or they hear voices from deep inside them. When this happens people feel connected to something more profound than their customary hustle and bustle; and that something is their true purpose in this lifetime – the reason they were born.

Source.

Also in regards to past life regression, ive heard they are able to look into future lives too, is that true?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I believe your theory is correct and I agree that is why you can have past-life regression and future-life progression. There are several explanations for 'deja vu' and your suggestion is quite likely one of them.

Sorry for the hastily written reply but my laptop battery-pack died earlier and my battery is very low now. Aggggh ! Just when I find a thread I can get involved in properly. I hope to be back within a day or two and hope the thread will still be going strong.

Woody *slowly fading into nothingness*

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Starred and flagged great question and topic.

Makes you wonder about a whole load of things, if one believes in other time lines and multiple dimensions, then which time line of you gets reincarnated, or are we one soul that experiences many different time lines, and at the end only one soul gets reincarnated?

Mind boggling.

Also in regards to past life regression, ive heard they are able to look into future lives too, is that true?

Well, thanks for the S&F and the article!

I do not completely beleive in reincarnation, just because I can't prove it, but it's something that i love to think about. As you said the possibilities as to how it could play out are endless.

I am not even sure that Ibeleive we are all different souls, so if it is the case that we are just different extensions of one larger personality (read: God) then technically there isn't reincarnation at all, but you could still have some of the things as mentioned above.

I don't know anything about PLR, personally I am very suspicious of it, because I don't t hink it's possible to do without bringing in contamination, either in the form of the hypnotists' suggestions or the clients' ideas as to what he would like to have been incarnated as.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

I believe your theory is correct and I agree that is why you can have past-life regression and future-life progression. There are several explanations for 'deja vu' and your suggestion is quite likely one of them.

Sorry for the hastily written reply but my laptop battery-pack died earlier and my battery is very low now. Aggggh ! Just when I find a thread I can get involved in properly. I hope to be back within a day or two and hope the thread will still be going strong.

Woody *slowly fading into nothingness*

Future life regression seems to be an underexplored area.

I wonder if many different regressionists, if they were working with no collaboration, would be able to put together a "future history" by chronicaling what they regress?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Time is an abstract concept of mankind. Years, months, days, weeks, hours, minutes, seconds...were all created by man, for man. With that, and the above replies/research in mind, it begins to suggest that time does not exist beyond man's own conscious plane of existance.
As to reincarnation, I put some stock in that belief simply because I feel that one trip around is an illogical waste. I have to agree though, that if you look into your past lives, you very way may see what seems to be a huge linear gap that may have only existed in the blink of an eye. I for one and glad that we do not go through life with any true understanding of death and past lives. I think some people would be greatly disappointed in themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think that it depends upon what you, as an entity, need to learn.

Lessons in school are sequential, but for the soul to develop it may be advantageous to go to different times to learn what you need next.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth I for one and glad that we do not go through life with any true understanding of death and past lives. I think some people would be greatly disappointed in themselves.

Totally agreed.

I think those who are preoccupied with what they were are completly shorting themselves out of what could be a beutiful experience as they are.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If reïncarnation is real and when you die you go to another realm or back into some kind of energy while retaining coherence to a point that you are still 'you' then i think it doesn't have to be linear, you could see it as a pond or something. Jump in anywhere/when you want/need.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another question that comes to mind, now its got me thinking lol is, what about ghosts etc, the ones that are stuck in their own "time" replaying an event in our perceived linear time line??

And the ghosts that living people in the "here and now" interact with, they are dead, yet interacting with us in our time, just at the right time.

Rather than calling it time, maybe its a progression, an evolution of consciousness, constantly developing, but then there would be a past and therefore time...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Another question that comes to mind, now its got me thinking lol is, what about ghosts etc, the ones that are stuck in their own "time" replaying an event in our perceived linear time line??

And the ghosts that living people in the "here and now" interact with, they are dead, yet interacting with us in our time, just at the right time.

Rather than calling it time, maybe its a progression, an evolution of consciousness, constantly developing, but then there would be a past and therefore time...

I think 95% of ghosts are cases where land or a building has "recorded" a person doing a repetative action or absorbed a necative emotion. Nothing to do with reincarnation at all, IMO.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Im not saying that ghosts replaying an event are to do with reincarnation, but that they happen in our perceived linear time, which is a strange concept.

Also what about communication with the dead through mediumship or Ouija boards, why were those spirits not reincarnated, if you believe in reincarnation then how come we are able to communicate with a dead spirit that still has the same identity.

Im not asking whether you believe in the above, just speculating things based on my opinion/beliefs.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Im not saying that ghosts replaying an event are to do with reincarnation, but that they happen in our perceived linear time, which is a strange concept.

Also what about communication with the dead through mediumship or Ouija boards, why were those spirits not reincarnated, if you believe in reincarnation then how come we are able to communicate with a dead spirit that still has the same identity.

Im not asking whether you believe in the above, just speculating things based on my opinion/beliefs on the paranormal.

No hard feelings, I was just replying with my own thoughts.

Here too:
I am dubious that the "Dead" that mediums talk to are actually dead people. I thinkt hat there is a very good possibility that they are either talking with "evil" spirits or their own subconscious.

But assuming that they are actually dead, here's what I think may happen.

1. If there is no time on the other side, perhaps you are essentially always there. Like a person might log on to the internet at different times to different sites, but when he does so, he is always sitting at his desk. So it really doesn't matter if that person has reincarnated back to "time," because you are talking to the part of him that is outside of "time."

2. Perhaps it is actually possible to communicate with the dead person through the meduim after they have died, and then reincarnated. This is a more interesting scenario to me: I wonder if some mechanism like this is what makes for so many bad experiences with mediumship. The "dead" person might be totally unprepared to deal with the medium trying to talk to him, and go insane or fearful or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If you have no memory, why would it matter? Memory seems to be the only thing in life worth holding on to, so if that was gone, you would be someone new anyway.

Imagine your DNA as a Ledger of lives. Contained within this "Akashic Record" is everything that makes you, only you don't know it, because you never even knew there was a language to begin with. Ever wonder why "Royal Blood Lines" are important? They are important, because recall comes much faster with pure blood, not mingled with "the nations".

People experience minor moments of recall and this is called Deja Vu. With every life, is an auto lock on memory so as not to recall the "Bad with the Good" of past lives. The past lives are that of your family, which is all a part of the individual. You could say that they are "Re-incarnated" into you, those who you remember. All those that you "literally" "RE-Member" have lodging in you.

Imagine the outside like this....You are alive...you see the alive earth. But if you die with no home (someone to remember you), you see the moon...like a dead planet.

No one to remember you=Not Remembered
Someone to remember you=You are remembered.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The answer is no... Time is a man made thing, the rest of the universe knows no time... Man created time to explain day and night and the rotation of the earth, it's not needed anywhere but here on earth.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Concerning reincarnation.. and this is no offense to any Hindu's.. but I would suggest that you re-evaluate your core beliefs. Nobody will be able to answer the question with any authority, perhaps the creator can enlighten you on the subject.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The dead you have loved have safety in you. Those on the outside were human or previous entities, but are outside because they stopped life by not reproducing. In the bible, paul speaks of being "Caught Up in the air". Christians think of this as "The Rapture", but what they are calling it and what it is, are totally separate things.

The real "Rapture" is recall of Past memories, not just your own, but generations of those before you making the "collective you."

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
If you have no memory, why would it matter? Memory seems to be the only thing in life worth holding on to, so if that was gone, you would be someone new anyway.

Imagine your DNA as a Ledger of lives. Contained within this "Akashic Record" is everything that makes you, only you don't know it, because you never even knew there was a language to begin with. Ever wonder why "Royal Blood Lines" are important? They are important, because recall comes much faster with pure blood, not mingled with "the nations".

People experience minor moments of recall and this is called Deja Vu. With every life, is an auto lock on memory so as not to recall the "Bad with the Good" of past lives. The past lives are that of your family, which is all a part of the individual. You could say that they are "Re-incarnated" into you, those who you remember. All those that you "literally" "RE-Member" have lodging in you.

Imagine the outside like this....You are alive...you see the alive earth. But if you die with no home (someone to remember you), you see the moon...like a dead planet.

No one to remember you=Not Remembered
Someone to remember you=You are remembered.

Peace

Very interesting.

In one of the stories I am writing, a certain culture has a taboo about speaking about the dead, because they beleive that calling up their memory will prevent their soul from finding peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
Concerning reincarnation.. and this is no offense to any Hindu's.. but I would suggest that you re-evaluate your core beliefs. Nobody will be able to answer the question with any authority, perhaps the creator can enlighten you on the subject.

No, please re-read my OP, I did not say I fully beleived in it for precisely that reason, I posed the question assuming that it was ture.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Very interesting.

In one of the stories I am writing, a certain culture has a taboo about speaking about the dead, because they beleive that calling up their memory will prevent their soul from finding peace.

Think about it. We are all memories. Every person is a memory in reality....a living breathing memory. I can imagine that as we are dieing we will here..."Files done"...lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join