It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So while We The People were being told "the economy is fundamentally sound"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
...these crooks have been planning this bailout as a contingency plan!

www.rollcall.com...

The White House today is drumming up extraordinary pressure on Congress to approve its plan to enact a $700 billion mortgage bailout fund, suggesting the markets cannot wait much longer and dispatching Vice President Cheney and other top officials up Pennsylvania Avenue to jawbone lawmakers.

Fratto insisted that the plan was not slapped together and had been drawn up as a contingency over previous months and weeks by administration officials. He acknowledged lawmakers were getting only days to peruse it, but he said this should be enough.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by negativenihil]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by negativenihil]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What country in the last century had the best model for world domination? I'm inclined to believe the general plans were laid out decades ago, post WWII. In fact, the American public was warned by President Eisenhower that this could happen.

I'm not sure why people are inclined to believe that simply because other people are born under the ideal of freedom that they aren't inclined to take freedom from others. Freedom has never been universal simply because for true freedom there must be true equality. What leader's ego can accept that?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wrote my reps against it.

I mean, no oversight by the People at ALL!?! No legal recourse? WTF?

And you BET it was not thrown together. It was very precisely constructed.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I too have been busy voicing my concern, but i'm really worried it has fallen on deaf ears.

It unfortunately feels like there's nothing left to do but "take it" and move on. sigh.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
I too have been busy voicing my concern, but i'm really worried it has fallen on deaf ears.

It unfortunately feels like there's nothing left to do but "take it" and move on. sigh.

YES! That's the spirit! Bend over and take one for the team! BTW, you're not on the team, in fact the team doesn't even know you, but they are happy you gave up so easily.

what are you going to do as the months progress after October 7, 2008 and you can't buy gas because of rationing? Or you are hungry because some of the local food processors can't get supplies to make your sweet cakes? What are you going to do when the local authorities are fully Federalized and a state of Martial Law says "you don't belong here and you can't be out after 6:00pm". Then what are you going to do?

Or the predicted major Earthquake in December strikes the Seattle/Vancouver area leveling most of the cities? Are you ready? Can you handle restrictions on your movements? restrictions of your ability to get supplies? Restrictions on your ability to survive?

Oh yeah, I remember ... you are going to
bend over.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

I don't recall stating it would either be enjoyable nor the best option - and apart from voicing my concerns to people who simply don't care, what other option is there?

Violence? Strike?

Neither of those paths lead to a very pleasant place.

There is no two ways about it - no matter the option this is going to be a painful period in history.

Now if you don't mind sharing, what are YOU doing about it?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have paid off all of my bills.
I am talking to people and explaining what this financial mess really means.
I am active in my community helping others.
I am currently looking at joining a new Political Party because the other two don't work for me any longer.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
I have paid off all of my bills.
I am talking to people and explaining what this financial mess really means.
I am active in my community helping others.
I am currently looking at joining a new Political Party because the other two don't work for me any longer.

Congratulations - however, how will any of this help to change anything when the ruling parties cram this down our collective throats?

You will share the exact same tax burden that the rest of us will carry due to this mess - and as such you'll be bending over and taking it along with the rest of us. Changing political parties may make a nice statement for the future, but it will do little to help you or anyone out of this mess *today*.

The time to act has unfortunately passed.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So while We The People were being told "the economy is fundamentally sound"

the media was busy ignoring or cutting out the second part of the sentence

"but these are very, very difficult times."

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I wrote my reps against it.

I mean, no oversight by the People at ALL!?! No legal recourse? WTF?

And you BET it was not thrown together. It was very precisely constructed.

The Executive Branch came up with an emergency proposal. That's why it's composed the way it is.

If the Feds could see ahead, they would try to fix Lehman Brothers. The company virtually begged for help, but the Feds decided to teach Wall St. a lesson. Also, bailing out Lehman would have been an expensive affair, and that heavily contributed to the decision to let the investment firm go under. The problem was that Lehman was a bigger snowball to roll down the hill than the Feds could anticipate. Things moved quickly and the Feds were faced with an avalanche; the cardiovascular system of the economy was suddenly clocked with junk and the economy was about to experience heart attack due to the mind of the financial system being virtually paralyzed by the fear of having billions of bad money in the system. It was the fear that contracted the arteries and the blood/credit was reduced to a trickle with heart attack pending.

So Feds came up with a resolute solution that kicked out anyone except the qualified medical personnel from the operating room, and once Wall St could hear the ambulance siren the way it likes to hear it, it chilled out.

No one within the Executive Branch expected that the law makers of the Judicial Branch would sign the plan as it is. It's like when you would like to buy something but the price is too high. So the seller says that he gives you 20% discount. That sounds good and you buy it without knowing that the average price the item goes for elsewhere is bellow the one that you just paid.

The government folks know each other well and know how to deal with each other to get what they want. It's a hard bargain.

Meanwhile . . .
The Wall St won't listen to the ambulance siren indefinitely; it would like to see it turning around the corner -- or else . . .

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Listen guys...

The truth is the super rich are taking a bath on this one, even worse than those who have nothing and the world power is changing, the rockefellers and the rothschilds will be speaking chinese along with us so they are trying to get us to fund their loses so they can get back what they stated with but even if they do, the world economy will collapse and they will be eaten by the poor who are hunting for food. Rich people don't hunt, they don't even know how to put gas in their cars or go to the store, they will be the first to lose in the coming years...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
The truth is the super rich are taking a bath on this one, ... the rockefellers and the rothschilds will be speaking chinese along with us ... they will be eaten by the poor who are hunting for food.

One can only hope.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You see how easily my proposal for a Constitutional Amendment making lying by a politician to be punishable by death, carried out immediately after the verdict, would have prevented some of this?

top topics

join