It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with Venezuala?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Venezuela is trying to provoke us into getting into war with both them and Russia. I don't understand what they want to accomplish by making enemies with our government. I can understand the negative feelings they have toward the government but I don't know what they are trying to do.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
From what I have read and seen so far, they aren't trying to provoke a war at all. The US is all over the place flexing it's muscle and trying to be the world police...

This pisses people off.

There have been and currently are many other countries out there with their own alliances in their own interests. They also want to show the world that they matter too. It's not just the US of A like the morons in the federal government must think. You know, that "our way or the highway" mentality.

So other places rattle some sabers a bit to show us they aren't intimidated.

I may not agree with every government out there, or every world leader, or the people of those countries, and certainly not any of the religions out there, but I like countries that will stand up and not kowtow to the biggest military spender out there.

Just look about in history how the US treats other countries, be friend or foe. You will notice patterns.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You should never underestimate Russia and there intentions, I would defintly keep an eye on them and thier true intentions. They sat and collected data in Iraq on how we orchestrated the war there, they practice mass land invasions with China, there now setting in our backyard with their NAVY. Hmm I think this could make Pearl Harbor look like childs play. Never know when a Trojan Horse in the form of Chinese cargo ship withtrade goods could be loaded with armed men while Russia starts taking out our infrastucture, won't take long since we don't bury out lines in the ground and use stupid telephone polls. Japan was talking peace with our president while they were bombing Peral Harbor. Think what you want but it is plasuable that Russia could be planning a full scale assult on the USA. To deny that this is possible would be foolish. Would they attack on election day. They will defintily attack when our guard is down, if that's there intentions. They invaded Georgia to see if we were ready to respond and they seen us wait, was it a test to really see if our military was over streched in Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't forget all those chinese men stealing our military technology. All I'm saying is watch out, the wolf may still be a wolf.

Plus I think the Russians are pissed about our missle sheild over there, The missle shield thats planned to be installed over there for one isn't even big enough to stop all of Russias ICBM's anyways so I don't know what there so worried about, its only big enought to stop a few rouge missles anyhow. Maybe they fear for now its just a few, next a few hundred and so on.
[edit on 23-9-2008 by Pendar]

join