It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scaramuccia painting depicting ressurection of Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is the link to the episode of Leno. Go to 21 min.
www.nbc.com...=689581
Charlize is giving a demo of how she did a kareoki version of Bohemian Rhapsody. She gives Leno the parts where it says Scaramuccia and Gallileo. That explains why she did not say those lines. Leno kept messing it up.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thanks jmd.. I thought it was really funny
but it had some religious significance for me. For whatever reason I have been seeing alot of subliminal symbols, and I automatically assume that are occurring for a reason. Kind like God telling me... hey numb nut... wake up.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And the other bit of weirdness or irony.. that I read into this message.
The band "Queen" instantly made me think of the saying "God Save the Queen".
More or less some mental association more than anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In the painting isn't that God behind Christ with the white dove(Holy Spirit?) in between them?

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Thanks jmd.. I thought it was really funny
but it had some religious significance for me. For whatever reason I have been seeing alot of subliminal symbols, and I automatically assume that are occurring for a reason. Kind like God telling me... hey numb nut... wake up.
You are not being paranoid. If you watch TV, you are constantly being given subliminal messages and they study these things scientifically and do what works. There is like a TV new world order version of religion that has been forced on us for a long time.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here is a crop of a higher resolution version of the same photo.
Hopefully you should be able to pick out more detail here.
Maybe what is in the center is an oyster opening with a pearl coming out of it. That's what it looks like to ne.

Here is the center blown up a little over 200%.
i222.photobucket.com...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hey jmdewey. Wow yeah.. Check that out. There may be better pics of this, but I believe that it is actually painted on a ceiling in a chapel somewhere. I do see the dove there, and I assumed that to be God the father, but it might be a hole in the ground for all I know.

You said somehing about the influence of TV.. yeah it is pure poison on the brain, but I have to admit I watch out of boredom. I guess people see/hear what they want and ignore the rest. I hear alot of stuff in music lyrics as well. I did see DaVinci code.. and believe there may be some truth to grail/templars and the extortion of the church. I always thought it may be God's way of telling us *something* is up. Also with all the events that occurred in the church related to pedophiles, etc... I think there is no way God would let those offenses go unpunished. There will come a day when all will be revealed and maybe it's happening now??

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In Bohemian Rhapsody it's Scaramouche, same thing though. Freddie Mercury himself always said it was "random rhyming nonsense." I'm sure the song overall means something, Freddie was a very deep thinker and wrote some very meaningful lyrics. Freddie didn't like to analyze his songs for the public. I've always interpreted it as a suicide note.

The intro is the gist of the note for whomever should find the body

Is this the real life
Is this just fantasy
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because Im easy come, easy go,
A little high, little low,
Anyway the wind blows, doesnt really matter to me,
To me

Basically saying not to fret over me because I'm not important

The next verse is a confession of why he committed suicide, an apology to his mother, and the usual doubt about the act, an apology:

Mama, just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger, now hes dead,
Mama, life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry
If Im not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine
Bodys aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody Ive got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama ooo (any way the wind blows)
I dont want to die,
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

The middle (opera) section taken line by line:

"I see a little silhouetto of a man"

The murder victum

"Scaramouche, Scaramouche will you do the fandango"

Seeing himself as the Scaramouche character, boastful but in reality a coward.

"Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me"

The gunshot

The Galileo bit I'm not sure means a thing, Freddie claims he wrote it into the song for Brian May who is very into astronomy.

"But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! no, we will not let you go, et him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go, let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go,let me go
Will not let you go, let me go
Will not let you go, let me go
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me"

Contemplating suicide, at firstbeing encouraged and then fighting for him not to, and countering with the fact he's going to hell for his crime and that it's inevitable that Beelzebub "had a devil put aside for me"

Then the heavy rock section kicks in, it's the murderer yelling at the hypocrisy of those who kept him from suicide, condemning him and ignoring him "so you think you can stone me and spit in my eye" and then keeping him from suicide "so you think you can love me and leave me to die"

And in the end, acceptance:

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows....

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
Can anyone identify this flag?

This is the only one I can come up with that looks like it. Old Switzerland flag.

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah thank you for your input... My eyesight isn't that good, but I appreciate that clarification..

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I clearly see a man (God?) leaning forward looking down over Jesus and a dove flying up and toward us underneath that. Maybe that is just me?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

I clearly see a man (God?) leaning forward looking down over Jesus and a dove flying up and toward us underneath that. Maybe that is just me?
Actually, you are right.I can see it now that you said that.
What looks like a pearl is God's chin. What looks like the top of the oyster is God's mustache.
His head is facing down, toward the Christ figure.
It is so weird, once your mind adaptes to what you are supposed to see, it all of a sudden just popps out at you.
The way it is composed, it looks like a picture story of the Trinity.
God's hand looks like it is wounded.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terra Serranum
In Bohemian Rhapsody it's Scaramouche, same thing though. Freddie Mercury himself always said it was "random rhyming nonsense." I'm sure the song overall means something, Freddie was a very deep thinker and wrote some very meaningful lyrics. Freddie didn't like to analyze his songs for the public. I've always interpreted it as a suicide note.

If you were a kid growing up in England, you would have seen these Punch and Judy shows that were done in the street. Scaramouch would have been in one of these shows.
My guess is that the letter writer, who's voice the song is in, saw himself as that character who ends up being beaten down. (actually, in the puppet version his head gets knocked off)

[edit on 24-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Trying to remember all of my art history classes here.
I am not 100% sure but the opening you see at the top of the panel could be considered an "ocular".

The reason I am not sure is I never heard of this artist or when he painted. Oculars became prevelant in the Romanesque period but were usually portrayed as a window "looking up". I know that is a very weird term but I cannot think of a better way to put it. I guess metaphorically speaking this can also be interpreted as the "tunnel" leading to Heaven, which could also be a "window".

I would also assume that the person behing Christ is God. If you look at the general appearance, old man, flowing white beard, he pretty much looks like the imagery that Michelangelo used in his Sisteen Chapel frescoes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join