It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LDS Deep Secrets - Looking for info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm looking for any "Hard Evedence" about any LDS consiracy. i've read about the secret police force and alien encounters and the secret tunnels. I'm wondering if anyone has photos, personal accounts, exact locations. i'm trying to gather research on the subject, but the evedence is fuzzy at best. most accounts are not personal experences but 3rd generation or more stories. If anyone could help that would be great.

Ishtar

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
whats lds my friend?

ok latter day saints
very cultish yes

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
www.lds-mormon.com...

check out the temple reccomend

and the Mormon initiations
www.lds-mormon.com...

Mormon temple garments

www.mindspring.com...
www.challengemin.org...

The Mormon Temple is the very heart of the system of Mormonism. It is here that certain "worthy" Mormons perform secret ordinances that they believe will allow them to obtain the status of "a God" in the hereafter. Secret rituals are also done in behalf of the DEAD. No worship services are held in this building and non-Mormons are restricted from entering except for a brief period previous to its dedication.

Strange as it may seem, only about 20% of the Mormon population have been through the temple ceremony and fewer than that attend regularly.

Because the Mormon Church considers the temple ceremony as "sacred," they have never published a dialog of the temple ritual or filmed the ceremony for benefit of the public or even their own people. The devout LDS will almost never talk about the secret activity that goes on behind temple doors.

However, there are numerous eye-witness accounts by "Temple Mormons" who became alienated from the church and have exposed all that goes on in the ceremony. Dozens of these accounts have been published over the years. One such testimony comes from a former temple "Veil Worker" who had performed over 1,000 temple ordinances! As recent as 1990 actual recordings have been made of the temple ceremony.

With all this information, we can accurately examine the secret activities performed in the LDS Temple. Certainly, truth has nothing to fear from investigation. The Bible even tells us to, "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (I Thessalonians 5:21).

The late Mormon Apostle, Bruce R. McConkie, gave this information about the "Temple Ordinances":

"Certain gospel ordinances are of such a sacred and holy nature that the Lord authorizes their performance only in holy sanctuaries prepared and dedicated for that purpose....They were given in modern times to the Prophet Joseph Smith by revelation,..." (Mormon Doctrine,1979, p. 779)

That should keep you busy!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
sorry,,,meant to start a new thread

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Outside the temple

men in dress at temple

Mormon garments

Temple Reccomend card used to get into temple and show you pay your dues!

www.realmormonhistory.com...
nowscape.com...

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by cardsharp]

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by cardsharp]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
woah thats weird! omg hes gotta little! woah whats that for!?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As a lifelong resident of The Valley of the Saints (and non-practicing member), I'll tell you what this whole LDS thing is about....

Keeping that monthly 10% coming into church coffers!

If you really want to make a devout mormon squirm, ask them about their new "politically correct" temple ceremony.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
As a lifelong resident of The Valley of the Saints (and non-practicing member), I'll tell you what this whole LDS thing is about....

Keeping that monthly 10% coming into church coffers!

If you really want to make a devout mormon squirm, ask them about their new "politically correct" temple ceremony.

What "new" temple cermony is there? Its been the same and has never changed.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Being that I have just recently moved to just outside of Salt Lake City, I can tell you that the whole LDS thing is very very strange indeed. On the outside it looks harmless enough, but deep down is is really messed up. Its hard to explain, but there is just a very oppressive vibe in the whole area.

Like the other day i went to Wendy's with a friend, and we both just looked at each other like we could tell something was not right, but you just cant put your finger on it.

I am in the military, but 90% of the people that I work with are civilians and are Mormon. They are nice enough people, but if you sit down and talk to them about their religion, which I do on an almost daily basis,
you will find that they have some really really jacked up views on things. Oh, and as for the undergarments that they are required to wear (I like to call it their "magic underwear") they believe that if they catch on fire, they will not burn if they are wearing it...its some outrageous #e for sure. If anyone would like to know anything else about this subject, just let me know, ive actually come to know quite alot about their religion...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oh ye of little faith!! Check this out....helpingmormons.org...

Also, articles on this were printed in local newspapers. Although they didn't completely hide this news, the didn't publicize it either.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I post on another board where one of the Mods is a Mormon. This comes up occassionally, as in all his knowledge there are no esoteric conspiracies within the church.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Mormon Conspiracy

I would say more, but actually I've said all I care to say on the matter on this thread.

Hope this helps,
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm not a Mormon or even a Mormon sympathizer, but here's my $0.02 worth:

Practically all religions seem strange to outsiders. Sure the Mormons come off as a little weird to those of us who are not LDS. But are their beliefs and practices really that stranger than other sects?
For example, Baptists believe it is perfectly reasonable that the Deity of the ancient Hebrews conceived a son with a virgin, and this child gew up to be murdered and resurrected, after which he went up into outer space on a cloud, where he presumably still resides in the flesh.
In like manner, the Muslim takes it for granted that Gabriel really did appear to Muhammed, just like the Mormons believe that Moroni did with Joseph Smith.
I could go into Shinto, Hinduism, etc., but the point would be the same. One man's religion is another man's psychosis.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No, but the Mommons believe that Moroni was a Native American, and he came to Joseph Smith, and told him that Jesus lived in Utah, and that Adam and Eve were in the US, and that the Indians used to be white but they tried to kill Jesus and God punished them by turning them red....and thats just the beginning...i mean im originially from the Southeast, and stuff gets kinda crazy there too, but absolutly nothing like it is here...youd have to live here to fully appreciate what im talking about...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
but...PLEASE dont hold that handycap against me...

The STRANGEST thing I know of that the LDS church is up to is Baptising for the dead........
Since they believe that life is eternal, they believe that souls can STILL be SAVED by baptising them after they have passed away......a person will STAND IN for the deseced, and be fully imursed in the baptismal font, time and time again, one dunk per person. One 'stand in' may be dunked for over 50 people in one session....
I know the LDS people have been TRYING to baptise the Jews who were exterminated by Hitler to save theyre imortal souls.....I also know that they have even baptised Hilter himself via this method ( I find this extremely disturbing, this Hilter ..and Jewish baptising thing....I mean those people DIED for they're beliefs and WHY do the LDS think they can change the choices they made during life?
?)
I know that the LDS use table tipping as a means of comunicating with the dead, inside of Temple.
I know that the LDS believe God was a man like US at one time but was such a devout man he earned the right to be God of his own planet........and that all men of this earth can do the same by keeping the church covenants....and the LDS folks are trying to earn themselves a planet to be God of after this life is finished.....
I know that in the marraige ceramonies of the LDS temple people are joined 'for all time and eternity' instead of till death....and that familys are bound together in a teple ceramony so that they can find each other in the next life. They believe if your not BOUND TOGETHER in the temple, you will NOT be able to be together in eternity.
The LDS church has the BEST welfare program on the planet that IS for sure.....and they ARE willing to help you EVEN if your NOT a mamber. They will pay your rent if your out of work, they will feed you from the personal church storhouses if you are hungary. They do NOT require attendance to recieve such wellfare...they will help those in need if they are asked.
Yes.......seceret tunnels ARE in place under the Ogden area, as well as under Salt lake City...these were built to hide the polygamists from the government a hunderd years ago when the government made polygamy against the law of the land.
Yes Mormans believe in life on other planets...and Aliens.....because IF you live a devout life, you can be a God to, so there are LOTS of other lifeforms in the universe, with many other Gods.
They belive in God the eternal father, and his son Jesus Christ, and that they are 2 seperate beings...NOT one and the same......
I have been a "jack mormon" now for 25 years, wich means I am non practicing......and a non believer, but I was baptised as a child, so they count me in theyre numbers........and they always find me whereever I go, and they continue to pray for my eventual return........................BUT, they will have to wait a LONG LONG LONG time.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was gonna chime in. Then I saw that a whole bunch of other Utahns added their 2 cents. I don't think I really have anything else to add.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
here is a number if you want information or literature........................1-888-LDS-7700

IF you call this number the missionaries will come to your house, and you can fight with them in person

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
but...PLEASE dont hold that handycap against me...

Yes.......seceret tunnels ARE in place under the Ogden area, as well as under Salt lake City...these were built to hide the polygamists from the government a hunderd years ago when the government made polygamy against the law of the land.

In Ogden, these tunnels also proved very useful during the railroad heyday and prohibition for booze, drugs and prostitution, in fact at one point Ogden was known as "Little Chicago".

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I read this as '___' secrets

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
so I had some conversations with family members concerning THIS thread.........

The word Mormon....or group name Mormons is just a nickname...given to the people by folks in New York when the religion started......the name of this religious group is truly 'The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints'.....hence the initials LDS church....they call themselves The Saints........and they call themselves Mormons....for back in the day of Joseph Smith they had no problems going along with what other people were calling them.

About the garments (underwear) I was told the yes, the garments would help you not burn in case of a fire....not for any blessing per say, but BECAUSE it is sewn from pure cotton, and that is harder to burn than any cloth with polyester or other chemical additives.....wich have a tendancy to melt and burn hotter and faster.....so in THAT sense they are better protected from a fire.

They also told me that young people on theyre Mission....cannot go swimming! or boating or join in ANY water sports! They said that was because the water is the relm of the Devil unless it has been BLESSED like water in a Baptismal font.......(this I TRULY dont get?????I love water and swimming and feel wonderfull in that enviroment) this most definatly makes me go "hmmmmmmmmmmm"

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join