It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LDS Deep Secrets - Looking for info

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IshtarG

One resource that is actually a very easy and enrgrossing read on the history of the religion is Under The Banner of Heaven by John Krakauer. He ties it in with a modern murder of a fundamentalists wife - overall a good read and very, very, eye opening for the newcomer.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I know that the LDS use table tipping as a means of comunicating with the dead, inside of Temple.

wha??? what is table tipping?

I know that the LDS believe God was a man like US at one time but was such a devout man he earned the right to be God of his own planet........and that all men of this earth can do the same by keeping the church covenants....and the LDS folks are trying to earn themselves a planet to be God of after this life is finished.....

this is true

I know that in the marraige ceramonies of the LDS temple people are joined 'for all time and eternity' instead of till death....and that familys are bound together in a teple ceramony so that they can find each other in the next life. They believe if your not BOUND TOGETHER in the temple, you will NOT be able to be together in eternity.

this is true

The LDS church has the BEST welfare program on the planet that IS for sure.....and they ARE willing to help you EVEN if your NOT a member. They will pay your rent if your out of work, they will feed you from the personal church storhouses if you are hungry. They do NOT require attendance to recieve such wellfare...they will help those in need if they are asked.

this is true...(but don't spread it around, people have and will abuse it)

Yes.......seceret tunnels ARE in place under the Ogden area, as well as under Salt lake City...these were built to hide the polygamists from the government a hunderd years ago when the government made polygamy against the law of the land.

this is true...not so secret actually

Yes Mormons believe in life on other planets...and Aliens.....because IF you live a devout life, you can be a God to, so there are LOTS of other lifeforms in the universe, with many other Gods.

this is true, but what exactly do you mean by "aliens"?

They belive in God the eternal father, and his son Jesus Christ, and that they are 2 seperate beings...NOT one and the same......

this is true

I have been a "jack mormon" now for 25 years, wich means I am non practicing......and a non believer, but I was baptised as a child, so they count me in theyre numbers........and they always find me whereever I go, and they continue to pray for my eventual return........................BUT, they will have to wait a LONG LONG LONG time.

you know...all you have to do is give the bishop of the ward nearest to where you live a hand written note asking your name to be erased from the record and no more contact made and they will leave you alone.....oh so alone...
please think long and hard before you have your name blotted out, it will be blotted out from the book in heaven also.
thread carefully my friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I was a member of the LDS church for a majority of my life.

I have participated in the temple ceremonies and have experienced all the things you are curious about and frankly, it's boring.

There is nothing more abnormal or exciting about this stuff then any regular religious ceremony performed by any other religion worldwide.

There is no conspiracy, or secret anything. It is basic stuff surrounded in symbolism that gives meaning to those who believe in it and means nothing to anyone else.

The only reason it intrigues people is because they can't go inside themselves and the followers seem cult like. I was in the temples and with faith it's beautiful and without it it's plain and uninteresting. Trust me on that one.

Nothing evil, just misguided good people believing in what they are free to believe in.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrIncognito

I read you're comments about LDS Mormon Church members, I'm a member of this religion going on 20 years, yes I wear Temple inside close like all other members who have been at the Temple. But rest a sure we are not all what should I say unreal! I know if I was in a car or a house and it was on fire and I didn't have brains enough to leave or couldn't because of other circumstances that both myself as a human being would burn up along with my Temple garments. I know that some members don't believe both you and me on this arguement, then again these same individuals (members) don't believe in other life on other planets, etc. People are people the good, the bad and the ugly. For you're information I speak to these kinda members but to have them for my personal friends I don't! Sooooooo, don't judge all members by a few some of us are for real in our thinking process and understanding of the real world.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm a Latter-Day Saint. We're only a cult because of our belief in another book. Well, that is all a So. Baptist member could hold against me in a heated discussion we had a week ago hahaha. Catholics have their ceremony and ritual in their Cathedrals, we're entitled to our rituals in our Temples. Simple as that.

The real wackos out there are the Scientologists, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Church of the Nazareth members. Or the people in Waco, TX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join