It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Is Ordered to Preserve Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Cheney Is Ordered to Preserve Records

www.nytimes.com...

A federal judge on Saturday ordered Dick Cheney to preserve a wide range of records from his time as vice president.

The decision by the judge, Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, is a setback for the Bush administration in its effort to promote a narrow definition of materials that must be safeguarded under the Presidential Records Act.

The Bush administration’s legal position “heightens the court’s concern” that some records might not be preserved, Judge Kollar-Kotelly said.

A private group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, is suing Mr. Cheney and the Executive Office of the President to ensure that no presidential records are destroyed or handled in a way that makes them unavailable to the public.

In a 22-page opinion, Judge Kollar-Kotelly revealed that in recent days, lawyers for the Bush administration balked at a proposed agreement between the two sides on how to proceed with the case.

Mr. Cheney and the other defendants in the case, Judge Kollar-Kotelly wrote, “were only willing to agree to a preservation order that tracked their narrowed interpretation” of the Presidential Records Act.

The administration, the judge said, wanted any court order on what records are at issue in the suit to cover only the office of the vice president, not Mr. Cheney or the other defendants in the lawsuit. The other defendants include the National Archives and the archivist of the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
GOOD!!!

This corrupt and dishonest administration must not be allowed to hide or destroy its records.

It is nothing less than an attempt to prevent anyone from ever discovering the extent of their shenanigans.

www.nytimes.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well if it goes the way they have done things so far they will destroy what the don't want seen and then just cop an attitude of, "What are going to do about it"?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Mr. Cheney and the other defendants in the case, Judge Kollar-Kotelly wrote, “were only willing to agree to a preservation order that tracked their narrowed interpretation” of the Presidential Records Act.

Interpretation:

I will do as I please.

If there was anyone in the whole wide world I would like to see caught.....it's this guy. There has to be a whole gaggle of gooses in his man sized safe. Possibly Bush's brain....???

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Cheney is as smart as he is deviant and evil. I would guess that he has records that are tailored to provide whatever misinformation necessary to send investigators to the far corners of the universe on wild goose hunts. Even if that isn't the case, I don't think this administration will ever pay for what they have done, and in any case what kind of penalty would be harsh enough? If the TPTB were believers in any form of the Christian faith, you would think that they would be fearful of going to Hell.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Man I hope people see that these evil bastards a purely picking and choosing the rules they follow, and ignores the rest.

They need to be strung up.

top topics

join