It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Troops Going Insane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Not really much to comment on THIS one...

other than its time to come home

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
well you know what if i was sent to my death to fight a war i disagree with i would go insane too

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It was funny to begin with until you realize they are doing this to little children.
These are just individual soldiers with no moral compass or ethics just stupid little immature kids themselves.
This spoiled little brat would have already been dealt with.
You cant expect all soldiers to be perfect.
If there was hundreds of videos of this from hundreds of different soldiers then maybe you can.But there isn't.
Don't blame all of them because of a few morons.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Funny I don't recall 'blaming' them... only that its time to get out before it gets worse.

You say there are not many cases... but how many do you need?

US Soldier Atrocities in Iraq

Iraq - The Hidden Story: American Atrocities

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
... Yes bad sadistic sick things happen sometimes when a troopie has been on the sharp end a bit too long... people can say this is an American problem but it's been a widelly recorded phenomena for everything from the french foreign legion in Algeria to even further back... Modern war is a psychologically ultra toxic environment with no time to talk out your feelings around a camp fire with your buddies in relative safety. There is no Rear area there is no safe zones. Bluntly put you show these videos and expect a reaction to something that is GOING to happen if you put young men in this environment. or even old men or women.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmm.. try this video on for size....

www.liveleak.com...

Guess they're not all nazi's afterall, eh?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is pointless. War is insane. You can expect that some human beings who are put into these conditions will react poorly. I know there are some who won't, and it's senseless to point fingers.

Sadly our media stumbles over itself to report these things without ever discussing the broken men and women this war is sending back to us.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It’s to be expected that there would be a lot of suicide as well as homicide and other atrocities in a war such as this. You’ve got reservists who are being sent back for tour after tour of useless violence while their families suffer from their absence here at home. It seems to me that the purposeful destruction of the USA fighting forces is underway by the domestic enemies of the constitution currently in power.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I did fine in combat, the brainwashing I received in training did what it was supposed to do. It is trying to adjust to the superficial demands of being a civilian that I was never able to get the hang of. I would hate to be one of the many that have had to come back home only to have to go back. This would be worse than being drafted after the first troop redeployment during the Vietnam fiasco. Be nice to these guys when they come home, they deserve the best.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The examples in this video are just reprehensible.

I grew up in a military family with a foul mouth commanding officer of a father, I've seen servicemen and they way they behave - it's not a mystery to me. But I'll tell you one thing - if my dad had seen these types of behaviours from his men he would have gone through the roof with rage. There's simply no place for it. It happens though, sadly enough.

Please don't think this is the standard for our men and women in the armed forces. These soldiers in the video are acting like complete bastards.

[edit on 9/20/08 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Not all the people deployed act like that. But war makes you do crazy things. I don't think civilians realize this. Even if you are never deployed the military can drive you mad. Constantly having to listen to a Commander in Chief you can't stand. Nervous that you CAN get deployed. When any kind of of disaster ( happens you freak out praying it wasn't terrorist. Oh and no sick days..and if don't show up for work then the MPs show up and your door (no joke about this). Also having to listen to people tell me that we're all going to hell for fighting in this war (even though most of us just want money for school and a dependable pay check) even though most of us disagree with it. And my favorite people ( who have never served) telling me how the militarey works and that we''re all brainwashed and act like those jerks in video or the one marine who threw the puppy off the cliff. Most people don't understand and they also don't understand what it is like to be in a situation where you could be killed any moment or captured and torched until you wish you were dead.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

I can see that it is still the same. I still run into people that tell me how they would have directed an AC47 gunship mission in mountainous jungle when they were never even left the states. I had to hear that we were messed up from all of the drugs we did, and that was why we killed babies and raped all of the women. You can bet in a few years you will come across more Special Forces, Recon, and Seals than ever existed. And they say that we are crazy.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Yes I agree with you totally.. Time for our men and women to come home.
We have so many domestic issues, we have no business there. Perhaps our policy makers could get Iran to help rebuild Iraq. Happy Solution.

top topics

join