It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwins Theories Are Being Abused

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by stander

Hawking has also mentioned god, but he's an atheist, creationists use that as well. Everyone can step into an area they shouldn't, he's only human afterall. However if creationists actually read darwins theory of evolution by natural selection, then they wouldn't tie it in. The fact that they do tends to say they havn't read anything about it.

Certain creation scientists know the theory and yet misquote it, those are the ones i dislike the most.

It will turn out in the end that atheists like the mad scientist Hawking will destroy the world as they are trying with the CERN collider. In their attempt to affirm evolution and disprove God, they have gone mad at the expense of an entire world.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That makes no sense, Darwinian Evolution doesn't need to tie back to the origin of life. Darwinian Evolution explains natural selection and diversity of life through reproduction with variation and environmental attrition.

Look at the discovery of DNA and how it ties in perfectly to evolution, look at our understanding nowadays of biochemistry and how it all ties back in with evolution.

It doesn't need to tie back to the origin of the universe, that is covered in the big bang theory. The formation of the earth will be stuff like Newtonian Mechanics.

By your logic, Pythagoras theorem isn't a valid theory because all it does is explain how to calculate the length of a hypotenuse of a right angled triangle, it doesn't explain the aerodynamics of fluids.

With regards to Hawking, he is an aesthetic. This is a common tactic employed by creationists to take quotes from scientists out of context to try and lend their own, absurd, theories more weight.

RE: FromAbove

I will assume your comment was tongue in cheek. If not please enlighten me as to how the scientists at CERN are going to end the world? When all they are doing is recreating much less powerful versions of impacts that happen in nature regularly and to no ill effects?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The biggest problem with evolution is that it must stand alone without any ties to the origin of life, the beginning of the universe, and existence. This is why it is flawed. Will stay flawed. And will eventually fade in the light of intelligent design.

It will turn out in the end that atheists like the mad scientist Hawking will destroy the world as they are trying with the CERN collider. In their attempt to affirm evolution and disprove God, they have gone mad at the expense of an entire world.

I really hopw that was tongue in cheek, but i'll answer it in case it wasn't.

Evolution does not have to tie in with the origin of life or the beginning of the universe and that's where ID'ers don't understand the theory. As someone above pointed out very well, if you apply that logic to any theory then every single theory we have is flawed.

So again, evolution explains what happens when complex molecules and systems come together, compete and adapt to their enviroment. The best adaptation wins. This has absolutely nothing at all to do with abiogenises or the beginning of the universe.

CERN isn't about proving evolution, are you really trying to put together a large scale physics experiment that is trying to find elemental particles and a broad reaching biological theory? CERN has absolutely nothing to do with evolution, it will not destroy the world (especially as it's now offline for a couple of months).

Atheists won't destroy anything, it's usually the religious who go mad and try to kill everyone. As for Hawking being a crackpot.......................no i don't think i'll even bother.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Well, if the atheists succeed in destroying the world via CERN experiment, then God doesn't really exist, because he wouldn't let this happen. That means, if nothing bad happens and LHC stays dormant, then the most scientific (and the most expensive) proof that God exists will be available and Darwinism will be declared no good, but not in the sense that evolution never took place -- the attributes will just change: The reason why many species are no longer with us will be that God wanted it that way.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
the smarter ones already know all that, it's just that they could not care less, it's a cheap ploy in the quest for domination meaning it costs nothing while doing something.

the only way to remedy the situation is to turn the tables on them and for that you need power and the determination to fully use it. beyond that, the topic is imho a waste of breath (or typing).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join