It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New signs of strange bio-life on mars...but is the Skipper stretching it on this one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The above sixth image moves us on to a better look at some very large ridge form evidence and the associated but smaller striation evidence. As you can see, the very light reflective ridge forms are huge and obviously the most dramatic looking.

The above seventh image provides a closer view of the light reflective ridge forms. As you can see very well here and as you know doubt have already been noticing, each of the many ridges has a knife sharp top that looks very much like the sail fin of some ancient creature or a serrated knife blade. Unfortunately the parallel row striation evidence in the image top area did not benefit that well from the closer view because they are just too densely packed to be able to pick out any real individual detail.

The above eighth image demonstrates the end of the long line of the giant size light reflective parallel ridge forms. As you can see, they are no longer packed together side by side in density but now more spaced out from each other, isolated, and getting progressively smaller as the eye moves from left to right. On the other hand, the also much smaller parallel row striation evidence can now be a bit better viewed. Note how the base of the striations on our near side tend to anchor in the terrain along a well defined boundary line just as the ridge forms do.

A very rough parallel example here on Earth might be something some what similar to the purpose a whale's baleen as shown in the above left 5a image serves in filtering tiny organisms like plankton as shown in the above right 5b image as well as krill, fish, etc. from Earth's ocean waters. Of course a mobile whale cruises Earth's oceans to place itself where the organisms are more plentiful to feed and then moves on while the Mars evidence finds a strategic location in the Mars terrain and permanently plants itself there to feed as long as the conditions permit.

i usually agree with most of the conclusions skipper comes to, but i just can't get a handle on this one, but then again, why should mars life be something we would recognize as such easily? besides, there are lifeforms here on earth that are thousands of hecthacres(spelling?) large, so this isn't unimaginable. i thought it would be nice to start a thread that isn't just the "more interesting" civilization evidence or whatever, but i don't expect many replies because people seem to really love those "it's a rock"; "no it isn't" arguements, but we will see what happens with this thread maybe i'll be surprised.

join