It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Time to Overthrow the Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Given the current, overall, poor status of society, I cannot help but wonder: is it time to overthrow the government? I don't have to cite any kind of information, we know things are bad. Are they bad enough for us to feel the urge to overthrow our governments? Do you want to overthrow your government?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A lot of people that participated in a previous thread I initiated had theories on how to go about. Is now the time put these theories into practice.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You didn't post what country you are a citizen of or reside in or anything else related to this post so I'll be general.In the U.S. the citizens have the opportunity to "overthrow" the government every time there are elections.
It is called majority rule and has worked fairly well for over 200 years.

Elections are held at the local,county,state and national level.The problem with instituting real effective change is getting the citizens of the country to go vote!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

I'm talking about the United States. This "go out and vote" thing is garbage, and it is old. We aren't really given much of a choice as to who we can vote for. It is a vote for one of two candidates, and a third party that very rarely affects the election outcome at all. You can't change the government with a vote; you can change the government with a voice. These votes, that you talk of so highly, are not voices. This year we have the choice between an idiot, and a guy that wants: your illegal (because they are apportioned, i.e.: different based on your income) taxes to be higher; our government in control of the medicine that goes into our bodies. There is Ron Paul who will certainly take a lot of votes, but will not gain presidency. I say he won't based on the presidential history of the United States. No third part candidate has ever become president

[edit on 20-9-2008 by o22a6ar]

This thread is similar, but not same. I was begging the question. However, this guy is the MOD.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
One is enough...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join