It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality Equals Pedophilia.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
some people on this thread are treating us (gay people) like the mutants from X-Men, the only difference, is that mutants have cool powers

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
apaulo

Sodom and Gomorrah

2 cities,not a civilization.

Point is, if you like the choices you make and do not want to change, I’m not even talking to you. This is for all the other viewers who are reading who feel like they are incapable of change, yet desperately want to.

My thread so i can talk to who i want.
And this isn't about changing someone,its about enlightening ignorant people,if you want to talk about helping people change then start your own thread

AshleyD

Hey. I don't know if this will help you two but here is a thread on 'The Decline of America' but it also investigates former fallen empires and their moral declines prior to their collapse:

Thank you for the link.

If you look at many ancient societies you will find that their morals and standards changed very little over the years.Corruption was rife,sex was casual,life was cheap etc.What makes the difference is the people who know about it.In todays world the media gives people access to walks of life they never knew existed! Yet exist they did,unknown to many.

outrider

some people on this thread are treating us (gay people) like the mutants from X-Men, the only difference, is that mutants have cool powers

Fear of the unknown,of those who are different.
Its powerful and has been used throughout history as a weapon.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Homosexuality? Pedophilia? Its all against nature. This is why homosexuals and pedophiles can't naturally "propagate".

Key A goes in Slot B. Simple as that. That is the way the Creator designed it.

Be happy. At least in the Western cultures you can be homosexual without persecution; even what I would consider "pedophilia" is not persecuted in some other Western nations.

I have yet to hear of a religion that doesn't frown upon homosexuality. Except for Islam, I can't think of any that doesn't frown upon pedophilia.

In my opinion, homosexuality and pedophilia are definitely two different things. However, I place them on equal footing. Both are unnatural and offensive.

....but, live and let live.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

I have yet to hear of a religion that doesn't frown upon homosexuality.

In Confucianism loving and sexual relations between individuals of the same sex have been traditionally accepted as long as they do not impede fulfilling one's obligations to the family and the state.(getting married and having a son and heir)In states that follow Confucianism non-exclusive homosexuality is permissible and widely practiced.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I agree with whoever said that these are two totally different catagories...I believe you can be straight and still desire to be with children.

I would also like to open up two different questions without opening new threads because its two things I have always wondered being that I am not Gay, bi, or a pedophile

1. What do you guys think is the formal defintion of a pedophile? Sure its preying on children but what is a child? And I KNOW that the LAW is 18 but in your honest opinion what is underage?

Back 400 years ago women were considered 14? Back then, you were considered a woman when you were able to bare children?

I am looking for a honest, mature, serious answer.

2. What is truly gay? Is it when you have relationships with the same sex? Or is it when you have sexual intercourse with same sex?

It seems that a lot of "gay" or people whom claim to be, are really not "gay"

It seems about 90% are "gay" because of the sexual freedom that comes with it not because they honestly can see themselves loving someone of the same sex.

Just some thoughts...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

1. What do you guys think is the formal defintion of a pedophile? Sure its preying on children but what is a child? And I KNOW that the LAW is 18 but in your honest opinion what is underage?

An adult who is sexually attracted to children.In the UK a man or a woman can be classed as a pedophile if they abuse a child fro the ages of 12 & under.From 13-15 you can be arrested under the statutory rape laws.

You're right,years ago the laws were different.In Europe,up until the 19th century a girl as young as 10 was legally allowed to marry.Further back in the past such marriages usually came about through political and business deals.But that doesn't make it right.

Back then, you were considered a woman when you were able to bare children?

Some females start their menstural cycle as young as 9yrs old,would you really class them as a woman?

2. What is truly gay? Is it when you have relationships with the same sex? Or is it when you have sexual intercourse with same sex?

Being gay is when you are sexually attracted to someone of the same sex.

It seems that a lot of "gay" or people whom claim to be, are really not "gay"

Care to shed some light on this statement?

It seems about 90% are "gay" because of the sexual freedom that comes with it not because they honestly can see themselves loving someone of the same sex.

Sexual freedom is available no matter what your sexuality is.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

What I ment by my statement is I feel that being truly "Gay" or "homosexual" is someone that has actual relationships with people of the same sex, not just "intercourse"

I feel a lot of the claimed homosexual community are people whom are sexually confused or driven to homosexuality because of the sexual freedom it offers.

You have no checks and balances in the Homosexual community because take for instance men...men are driven by sex naturally...where women have more of emotional connection and also need security

When you take two men whom primarly only have a sexual drive then you have a freedom you dont have with women.

I feel a good chunk of claimed homosexual men are not in it for "love" or companionship...but the mere fact you can go to a gay bar and get laid that night pretty much no question versus a male/female setting.

I am not bashing homosexuals by any means...I feel a lot of them are truly attracted to people of the same sex and are looking for a one on one relationship that you would find in a man/woman relationship.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

What I ment by my statement is I feel that being truly "Gay" or "homosexual" is someone that has actual relationships with people of the same sex, not just "intercourse"

Of course.Sexual,physical or emotional (meaning love) attraction to someone of the same sex,to me,means you are gay.

I feel a lot of the claimed homosexual community are people whom are sexually confused or driven to homosexuality because of the sexual freedom it offers.

I don't think you can be driven to it without there being something already there.Enjoying straight sex doesn't mean you'll enjoy sex with a man/woman.

You have no checks and balances in the Homosexual community because take for instance men...men are driven by sex naturally...where women have more of emotional connection and also need security

No,women are driven by sex but as well as emotions.Its just that over time women have been told to deny what their body is feeling,that sex was unnatural unless you were married and even then it wasn't supposed to be enjoyable,it was a duty.

Similar thing with men.Many love security and the emotional connection and the freedom they get in a gay community is that they don't have to lie and boost their ego about how many people they slept with like straight guys do.lol.

I feel a good chunk of claimed homosexual men are not in it for "love" or companionship...but the mere fact you can go to a gay bar and get laid that night pretty much no question versus a male/female setting.

Not all gay bars,your generalizing.
And i could say the same for non gay bars and clubs.
But then i'd be generalizing too.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I am emotional as you are thinking that someones sexual preference is a choice. I dont choose to be straight....I just am. I am not in any way attracted to other men, and its not that i choose not to...its just that I cant be.

I never said that someone’s sexual preference was a choice. I personally could never choose to find a man attractive. I am more likely to believe that it isn’t a choice. Homosexuals may be born that way, after all, we are all “born in sin shaped in iniquity, come into the world speaking lies.” BUT I was born a fornicator. I never made excuses for it, but I did want to be set free. I was a prisoner. Before I was set free by Jesus Christ, I had sex on the brain 24/7.

Ignorance is the right word....or maybe I should use self-righteous instead. You put forward your opinions without taking into account the perception of gay people.....claiming that it is something that can be changed, when it is not possible. Sexual preference is not like accepting god, buddha, satan or whoever....it is not a sickness that can treated with antibiotics etc.....it is built into a persons brain, try to understand that

I believe the litmus test for a self-righteous person is to observe the way they interact with others. A self-righteous person is always criticizing, nit-picking, and finding fault, as if they have none of their own. ((I have plenty BTW)) They are so busy finding fault with others that their own go undetected. Of course, they could care less about their personal imperfections. They’re not interested in growing, learning, or improving. THEY HAVE ARRIVED. THEY’RE PERFECT... Yeah, right!

If you think I am self-righteous, I will seriously consider your opinion, since I despise self-righteousness, though I believe I’m far from perfect.

However, change is possible. Ignorance would keep a person from believing this though. I don’t say that in a derogatory tone. I was unaware of the supernatural at one time, too. BUT, I am not coming to you as somebody that has learned of this from a book or some other second hand way. I used to be a fornicator, but when I realized that the Bible says that fornicators go to hell, I wanted to change. I could not. No matter how hard I tried, I could not change. I loved women way too much. I was literally enchanted and held captive to their spell… “Women rule, men drool.” Was all too true for me. THEN I was SET FREE. It wasn’t “accepting Jesus Christ” it was the POWER of Jesus Christ. Something real, not some fairy tale or make-believe…

Rom 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I could have had the same argument at one time… WHY WAS I MADE THIS WAY? I was born a fornicator filled with lust toward every beautiful woman I saw, and incapable of being loyal to my marriage vow. I know for a fact, that I wasn’t much different than every other man out there. We hide it pretty well, unless we marry someone who is okay with it, and then it opens up a door to all kinds of perversion. I was born a sinner. We all are. That is why we must be born again.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

However, change is possible.

You said you personally could never find a man attractive.Doesn't that contradict the above statement??

I used to be a fornicator, but when I realized that the Bible says that fornicators go to hell, I wanted to change. I could not. No matter how hard I tried, I could not change. I loved women way too much.

I believe if people want to find God they should do it because they want to a)be a better person and b) because they want to spend eternity in his presence.Fear of hell is not a solid foundation for belief.

You love,therefore you believe.

Not,

You fear,therefore you believe.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
I used to be a fornicator, but when I realized that the Bible says that fornicators go to hell, I wanted to change. I could not. No matter how hard I tried, I could not change. I loved women way too much. I was literally enchanted and held captive to their spell… “Women rule, men drool.” Was all too true for me. THEN I was SET FREE. It wasn’t “accepting Jesus Christ” it was the POWER of Jesus Christ. Something real, not some fairy tale or make-believe…

Okay, I am a fornicator. I am an atheist. Many other religions accept fornication.

Does this mean I am going to hell? Does this mean all other religions are wrong?

Will we ever get back onto the topic of the OP?

[edit on 26/9/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by apaulo

However, change is possible.
You said you personally could never find a man attractive.Doesn't that contradict the above statement??

???WHAT??? This is nothing but a gross example of taking something out of context.
What kind of change am I talking about? SUPERNATURAL. The New Birth. Being Born Again.

I used to be a fornicator, but when I realized that the Bible says that fornicators go to hell, I wanted to change. I could not. No matter how hard I tried, I could not change. I loved women way too much

I believe if people want to find God they should do it because they want to a)be a better person and b) because they want to spend eternity in his presence. Fear of hell is not a solid foundation for belief. You love, therefore you believe… Not, You fear, therefore you believe.

a) Totally agree
b) Totally agree
c) Totally agree - Fear of hell is not a solid foundation for belief
d) Disagree- the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord.
Mat 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You fear, therefore you believe.

Ever been so in love with someone that you wanted to do everything you could to please them? You were afraid you might goof up somehow. Not that you’d lose their love, but you just wanted them to be pleased… to be delighted… overwhelmed with satisfaction in your expression of love.
I believe that hell is real, but it wasn’t what motivated me to Love Him. It did help me to realize what He thinks about sin, though.
He set me FREE from a LOT of sin, so I love Jesus Christ A LOT!!! What an AWESOME God Jesus is!

Okay, I am a fornicator. I am an atheist. Many other religions accept fornication.
Does this mean I am going to hell? Does this mean all other religions are wrong?
Will we ever get back onto the topic of the OP?

Do whatever is in your heart, OzWeatherman.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

???WHAT??? This is nothing but a gross example of taking something out of context.

No,its a simple misunderstanding of what you were talking about.

I believe that hell is real, but it wasn’t what motivated me to Love Him. It did help me to realize what He thinks about sin, though.

If you believe that hell is real then isn't it a given that God is not a fan of sin??

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

They do

Why don't i know about them damnit!

Nope.
Though many would say different,but thats only because they don't read the bible properly.

Acts 24:15

And have hope toward God,which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

1 Peter 4:6

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead,that they might be judged according to men in the flesh,but live according to God in the spirit.

The only ones with a straight ticket to hell are those who have committed the Unforgivable Sin,denying the Holy Ghost.

Of course,this only matters if you believe it does.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Though many would say different,but thats only because they don't read the bible properly.

Acts 24:15

And have hope toward God,which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

This is true, but it doesn’t tell the whole story…

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead,that they might be judged according to men in the flesh,but live according to God in the spirit.

????? How does this apply?

The only ones with a straight ticket to hell are those who have committed the Unforgivable Sin,denying the Holy Ghost.

Again, only partially true. We’re all born with the ticket in hand…

Mat 12:31

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Rev 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

OP, sorry that this has gotten so far off suject on my account... perhaps I will start my own thread.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

????? How does this apply?

Everyone gets a chance at hearing the message of salvation as well as a chance at redemption.This is where the 'second death' comes into play.

I said,

You replied,

Again, only partially true. We’re all born with the ticket in hand…

If you commit the Unforgivable Sin,there is no redemption whatsoever!
Any other sin,as long as you repent of it,will be washed away and forgotten by God.Those who are "cast into the lake of fire" have not repented and are therefore damned.You can repent all you want for denying the Holy Ghost,it won't make much difference.

OP, sorry that this has gotten so far off suject on my account... perhaps I will start my own thread.

S'ok.This thread was me getting angry and trying to set the record straight so the debate,i suppose can only go so far.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by jakyll]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join