It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Aliens drop you off in Bed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A lot of the classic cases and anecdotes of Alien abductions end up with the Aliens dropping people off in their beds, or in the precise location where they were abducted.

Other cases, such as Travis Walton are notable because the Aliens drop the abductee off in another place, suspiciously close (or far) from where they claimed to be abducted. In the TW case he was taken to a town 30 miles away. Far enough for a hoaxer to 'hide', but not so far he couldn't get home.

This just seems really strange to me.

Certainly if we put a radio-collar on a bear, we try to drop him off near his den. But except in the case of juveniles or baby bears, we don't actually put them -in- the den (unless the bear is hibernating).

But why don't the Aliens just drop the abductee off where they happen to be? Or why not just drop them off in their front yard, or push them out of the craft over a lake? The Allagash abductees were reportedly beamed back on shore at their campsite. (How did the Aliens know that was their campsite?
)

Betty and Barney's aliens dragged Barney back to the car. Many drivers who talk about abduction say they get 'beamed' back into their car.

To me, this fact seems to add credence to the idea that abductions are an 'internal' or 'subjective' phenomenon.

Certainly it doesn't mean it wasn't real to the experiencer.

It may imply that abductions are done 'virtually'. But in cases where the experiencers were probed or tested, it seems necessary to have the physical body present.

Obviously if the Aliens use a 'beam' they could just reverse the co-ordinates. But all too often we hear of them dropping the experiencer in their own bed. This just seems hard to understand, if not a little silly.

Sure the Aliens may not want people to detect their abductions, but that's what memory wipes are for, right?

The other odd thing related to this is that their memory wipes appear to all be impermanent or faulty - the experiencers eventually recall or with simple hypnosis, recall it. You'd think a memory wipe would be permanent. Either they don't really want us to forget, or their equipment need calibration, istm.

Thoughts?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Maybe the beam only works on horizontal people.

If they dropped you off in the street there's a chance you could get stood on..or people mistake you for being drunk.

That's one to use for the drunk and disorderly.
"I wasn't drinking. I was drugged and abducted"

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Perhaps they are just thoughtful like that..

I mean it must be exhausting to be abducted and "molested" or whatever so they just want you to relax afterwards?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

But all too often we hear of them dropping the experiencer in their own bed.

I would think after a good anal probing, a bed would be the logical choice...

Sure the Aliens may not want people to detect their abductions, but that's what memory wipes are for, right?

Putting the subject back in their own home may prevent too many questions...drop the person off at the local mall may incite questions...

Good questions..

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
real to the experiencer.

It may imply that abductions are done 'virtually'. But in cases where the experiencers were probed or tested, it seems necessary to have the physical body present.

Thoughts?

I dont know about why. But whats with all the Anal probing?
I mean seriously they travel 20 billion light years to anal probe people whats with that?

Memory wipes? I sure hope if I get abducted and PROBED

I'd want my memory wiped clean! Being set back in my bed would be a nice touch.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Budd Hopkins has kind of come around to thinking a little less about these things happening in "real time," and maybe he's onto something.

Not all alien abductions apparently leave the abductee in bed, particularly those that don't start off with the abductee in bed. But the "aliens" (for lack of a better term) seem to want to replace the abductee as close to the original starting position as possible. There might be a couple of reasons for this.

The first, and probably most likely, is that if a person has a loss of consciousness and wakes up in approximately the same place they were when they faded out, the human mind is less likely to notice. Our consciousness kind of fades in and out all the time anyway. If I lose consciousness in my parked car and wake up in my parked car, I'm a lot less likely to notice (or remember) than if I woke up, for instance, 100 miles away on a supermarket rooftop, or floating in a lake. That, I would probably notice, and that might trigger a memory.

Another possible reason for returning abductees to their original starting points is that there may be some kind of unknown reason that has to do with the temporal and spatial physics involved with pulling a person out of their own spacetime matrix for a while. This suggests that abductions sometimes don't take place in normal time. Now, I'm not enough of an expert in extra-dimensional spatial mechanics to be sure, so I don't know what would happen if you pulled a piece of matter/energy (a person) outside their own spacetime. But maybe if you do, you have to put them back pretty much where you found them or something really bad happens.

Anyway, that's just conjecture, assuming that abductions aren't all bullcrap to begin with.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maybe it is mutual respect, and that if they where abducted by an even more advanced race that they would also want the same careful treatment.

Or maybe there are Intergalactic rules to follow on Intelligent species abduction, like Our human rights on earth.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Good points. Starred. As we know with animal tagging, if you're not careful you can traumatize the animal to the point where you can cause their death. We use a towel to wrap their eyes and release them as non-traumatically as possible.

If they are truly trying to 'study' the human species, it makes sense not to 'disturb' the subject and thus pervert their natural behavior.

On the poster who suggested a Galactic norm for abductees, that's also interesting, but that would mean failing to put the subject back in the precise location would have repercussions. So while a fairly elegant solution, it seems dubious. One might say 'well some aliens follow the treaty and some don't.' Hmm, even harder to buy; it would be unusual to make treaties that aren't strictly followed/enforced, or to enact them for 'convenience'.

It still doesn't really explain why the Aliens care about their subjects after they get their data. Remember, too, that there have been thousands and thousands, even millions of reported abductions. At some point you'd expect them to get careless and drop convention. In fact, there seem to be too many aductions, even if only a fraction of those reported are real.

In a way, those cases where they -don't- put the subjects back in the precise location seem less believable. There's no good reason to drop someone off 30 miles away. It does't really explain cases when people are dragged back to their car, while some are 'beamed'.

Thanks for the replies!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
maybe there is an intergalatic reward, for tagging avanced species, and you get a reward for each one. contibuting to a scientific investigation into interstellar intelligence..

Possible there are the nice guys who follow the laid out procedures, and there bad guys who just dont care about dropping them off wherever they like.

It would make sense, to keep moving in an Hightechnology(by earth standards) space ship, to avoid being spotted, and being possibly shot down. So they drop them off an quickly gather their space quids

[edit on 19-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You are usually returned to the spot you were. Most people are taken in the night while they sleep with the ability to induce sleep even during the abduction and dreams to cover their work. Some people wake up, or they wake because they have to for their purpose. Some people remember this, others remember when its safe for them to do so. The experience is traumatic. Being returned to bed is the most frequent action to cover their tracks. The most common time for abduction by greys is between 1-5 am, as they find our sun's radiation too much for them, though occasionally they will come out briefly in the day, as when my sighting at 5 occurred, or as early as 9 pm, especially if there is thick cloud cover.

One contactee with human visitors was told not to go outside at night in the winter time, in the country at all. These are the best conditions for greys apparently.

Edit to add: some people have reported missing time when sitting on their computers in the middle of the night, which is an optimum time for grey activity. When my brother had missing time driving truck for our produce store, he was driving with a partner and they experienced a 2 hour time lapse when a ufo darted behind a cloud, then exited the other side a moment later. In their case it wasn't hiding the experience, as they were driving 2 hours ahead on the highway as well.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Perhaps they are hoping that you will think it was all just a dream? pmsl

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
personally i think that complete memory wipes are impossible. however, your mind has the capability of blocking off memories or experiences. these blocked off sections are stored as is everything else within the mind. the only difference with the blocked off sections is that they are extremely hard to access consciously. the only way to access them is through a "trigger" such as a smell, melody, or place. or with simple hypnosis which takes you into your subconscious. many of you have things that have happened in your life that you cannot remember fully. the reason why that happens is that part of the experience is blocked off. every once in a while you will hear or smell something that takes you back in memory. that is what happens when a trigger is "activated".

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I know many or most of claimed cases took place while in bed as you say but i always believed they would drop you where they got you or near by. The lucky unlucky ones gets to go back to bed.

Why they tend to stay accurate or as close as possible with drop offs? Maybe the memory wipe-out differs on individuals and hoping the person would think (s)he was sleep walking or had a night terror etc, just in case. Now if abductions are true and if they can erase memories with, let's say say with a 50% accuracy rate, how many people have been abducted and don't know about it? Maybe many of us here, hence the reason why we are so curious

btw if i may ask? What must i do to let my post show as "The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion. as yours? I cannot find the help on that. Sorry for throwing it here...

[edit on 9/19/2008 by qonone]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
personally i think that complete memory wipes are impossible. however, your mind has the capability of blocking off memories or experiences. these blocked off sections are stored as is everything else within the mind. the only difference with the blocked off sections is that they are extremely hard to access consciously. the only way to access them is through a "trigger" such as a smell, melody, or place. or with simple hypnosis which takes you into your subconscious.

Well scientifically and medically you may be incorrect. People with short term amnesia exist and they have no short term storage or their short term storage gets wiped and written over minute by minute.

One girl had an injury as a youngster and if she's sitting in a restaurant and doesn't make a note, if she goes to the ladies room and comes back, she forgets where she was sitting and has had to leave and go elsewhere.

So, assuming 'Aliens' understand enough about human physiology to tamper with memory and are not just dropping people on their heads and hoping for the best, they are certainly able to wipe recent memory completely, even considering that the brain may write to a number of areas, or that the model may be holographic.

Accident victims experience that too.

Memory is multi-faceted. There's a process of encoding, storage and then retrieval.

There's sensory memory, short-term memory, and long term memory.

There's also memory inhibition. If you're looking for your car in a garage you don't want to retrieve every memory of everywhere you've ever parked. You just want the one.

Like I said, for an Alien (apparently) needing a robust system of memory denial or memory wiping, what good is it to field a system that is ineffective? How naive were Betty Hill's aliens who claimed to be able to wipe a memory only to find that she not only retrieved it (allegedly) with hypnosis, but dreamed of it, also?

If you ask any UFO fan, they'll tell you that hypnosis will retrieve abduction and missing time memories. Well if 'Aliens' have been studying us for hundreds of years and abducting hundreds every week/month, they must know this also. So, why bother?

Or, maybe it's a subjective phenomenon and we don't have actual, physical aliens and abduction memories are suspect. It's hard to know which, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I like Nohup's response..

If alien abduction is a real phenomenon, they seem to want folks to remember things. In my estimation there can only be a handful of reasons for this.

1) They are unable to wipe the memory clean.. either technologically or ethically bound.

2) They suppress the memories but want the experiencer to have those memories so they can be retrieved at a later date.

3) Most or all of the memories are false and implanted by these beings to hide an unseen agenda.

4) They don't care if some abductees remember because they view us as a species unable or too self-absorbed to tackle this problem.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Perhaps they are hoping that you will think it was all just a dream? pmsl

There's no place like home

click. click. click.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Why not Badge?

They must know that what they do to us is a terrible experience, that in fact is only remembered in most cases after hypnosis.

If their purpose is to stay in the shadows it would be a good idea to leave things just as they found them.

BTW I still believe the Walton case was real, and you know it my friend, you still haven`t convinced me.

Cheerio

C.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Short abductions seem to return to the point of origin. To me this might indicate that whatever "machine" does the beaming/floating is just left running and then used to float the person back.

Cases like Travis Walton, which are longer abductions might mean the machine was turned off and the exam area (ship?) moved some distance in that time.

top topics

join