It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like I got the RROD.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NNNNooooooooo.

Why me.
I havent even played it in 4 or 5 days. I just turned it on to see 3 red rings, the 4th is not lit, is there any hope Dr.

I have it upright, normally in my bedroom on my shelf high up, the last week it's been in my living room (still upright) on the carpet.

I didn't think it was gonna happen but there it is, it's not an issue of cooling it down or anything because it hasn't been on for days and it was working fine when I turned it off last.

Why why why!!!

Proper question:
Is there any way they will let me keep my hard drive with all my game saves on it???

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It happened to my Xbox 360, so i rang Microsoft, they said it was broken. I sent it away, a few weeks later i received my "Refurbished" 360 and i brought a custom Intercooler for it.

Never play it now since i upgraded to a PS3

Ur best bet is to place it away from anything that will stop it from "breathing".

I'm not what else it could be if its not over heating. Maybe the laser inside is damaged? Could be a number of things...

If that doesn't help, give Microsoft a ring.

As for your "Proper Question" you can keep your hard drive if you send it off. You just have to send the console with nothing attached.

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
All boxed up and ready to go, I'm sure the lady on the phone didn't understand half of the info I gave her though, I was reading her numbers, and she was repeating completely different ones back, I did repeat but I can only hope she got them right.

Thanks for your help. I hope I'll be playing in a week or 2.

Arrgggghhhhh, it's still not a good thing.

looks like it's gonna have to be me an Wii for a little while.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

No worries mate, Yea when i rang them i had some foreign lady and the conversation took nearly an hour .

Anyway good luck, but don't hold your breath, my brother plays the 360 and he still gets the Rings of Death....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's had a fairly good run since December, no wait thats not even a year old.

And to make things worse, thats my bedroom DVD player.
I'll have to dig out my PS2, slimline. It's got corded controllers and everything.
My first PS2 lasted roughly 5 years till it started skipping on DVDs, games were generally fine, but then I broke it accidentally then got the slimline.

You know I just can't stop thinking that the carpet killed it, It was fine on my shelf.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Maybe the carpet deposited some nasty "things" into your system, clogged up your systems airways

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I got it back yesterday, well a brand new one.
They have given another free month online play too.
It took less than 2 weeks, I have no problems there, they done a good job in my book.

new topics

top topics

join