It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Satanists" Are Corrupting Iran!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

"Satanists" Are Corrupting Iran!

news.asiaone.com

TEHRAN, IRAN - Iranian police said dozens of Satan-worshiping cults have found their way into the country and that many of them are seeking to turn people against Islam, press reports said on Wednesday.

Iranian authorities sometimes link hard rock and heavy metal music and their icons with Satan worship.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hmm.. sounds more like "goth'ism" has reached Iran

I couldn't think of a worse choice in potential countries to be "different" in... brave kids.

news.asiaone.com

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Hmm.. sounds more like "goth'ism" has reached Iran

I couldn't think of a worse choice in potential countries to be "different" in... brave kids.

news.asiaone.com

Paging Marilyn Manson,your plane is waiting,Yeah good point about brave kids-nothing like a good old youth rebellion to shake a culture up,now all they need is Slipknot and some emo kids.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Crap.

Goths = suicidal

Fanatical Islam = suicidal + anti-west + explosive

Ergo fanatical islamic goths = terrifying prospect!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I love the picture of Islamic goths. I'm a miserable bastard, and I can't even drown my sorrows! Woe is me!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The good news here is I haven't heard of devil worshipers strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up crowds of people trying to get their 72 virgins.

BTW, ANoNyMiKE, I really like your signature.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Crap.

Goths = suicidal

Oh what a load of stereotypical crap.
I've known a lot of goth and none have been suicidal.
Instead of listening to what mainstream media tells you about people try forming your own well informed opinions.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why does everything get blamed on Satanist and Satan? I've seen the Catholic Church and people affiliated with the Catholic Church doing a lot more damage to society than "Satan" or Satanist.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Why does everything get blamed on Satanist and Satan? I've seen the Catholic Church and people affiliated with the Catholic Church doing a lot more damage to society than "Satan" or Satanist.

Because that is what "the Christians" and mainly the Catholic church want you to believe. Satan is the most evil rascal of them all!!

Kids smoking pot.....=Satan!! Liberal Media...=Satan! Priest molesting kids......=Satan!! Satan is the best friend the church has ever had!! And since Satan is everywere.... there is only one thing that save you from the evils of the horned one...... you do know what that is don't you....

[edit on 2-10-2008 by SpectreWithin]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Goths = suicidal

Oh really?

Well I must be dead then, because I was a Goth in my teenage years.

Never met, nor know of, a Goth that was suicidal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There's a documentary just been released about metal bands in Iraq - can't for the life of me remember the name though.

Those kids have it hard so it must be even worse in Iran.

And come on, goths aren't suicidal...

If we were, would so many of us listen to upbeat groups like VNV Nation, Apop or Covenant?

Stereotypes,

Bah.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Crap.

Goths = suicidal

Fanatical Islam = suicidal + anti-west + explosive

Ergo fanatical islamic goths = terrifying prospect!

Yeah, but with the Goths, at least they will be too depressed, and not have the energy to actually plan anything, let alone carry it out.
(Just kidding if we have any goth fans here.)

Why is it treated with derision whenever anyone in power says "Hey, we think we have a satanic cult here?" You get a "cult" accusation against a compound in Texas, everyone believes it. Everyone always believes various "cults" are doing harm, all except for the Satanists. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
From the link:

About two third of Iran's 70 million Shiite-majority population are under 30 years old.

Oh man, that's gotta be one horny country. No wonder the old folks are freaking. Under such circumstances, I'd wanna put my daughter in a full-body-wrap too.

new topics

top topics

join